Pattaya: Another little girl savaged by soi dog: "Do something" mum pleads - they're breeding fast

webfact

9 hours ago, Leaver said:

It will probably get to that point.  Just wondering, what would be the charge, and sentence, for farang killing a soi dog?  Anyone know of any precedent for this?  For sure there will be extortion money to pay.  

I seem to remember some drug crazed farang stabbing or beating a dog some time ago.  Don't know what happened to him.  

Which is the only kind of person who would do harm to an innocent (assumed) dog. Killing them will never be done. Putting down a vicious dog is responsible. Anyone who approves of killing just any dog isn't human anyway. The only way to reduce the population, meaning here especially with the locals attitude of not harming them, is spay and neuter programs like the US has, very low cost and the government might spend a little money on something that benefits them and not their pockets.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

The only way to reduce the population, meaning here especially with the locals attitude of not harming them, is spay and neuter programs

The problem is they do half a job here. I've told them to get on a motorbike and go a round Pratumnak to see where the 200+ dogs are, but they are too lazy they want street names of which many have no name, end result they do half a job so problem continues 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Leaver said:

It will probably get to that point.  Just wondering, what would be the charge, and sentence, for farang killing a soi dog?  Anyone know of any precedent for this?  For sure there will be extortion money to pay.  

I seem to remember some drug crazed farang stabbing or beating a dog some time ago.  Don't know what happened to him.  

The fuss over such incidents I recall was far more than that of a dog or two attacking children.

18 hours ago, Average man said:

The mayor should have fixed this problem in stead of 100 million on Bali hai  . Thai people and children have to fend for themselves . It’s the Thai way thing . I am a foriener but I feel sorry for Thai people 

Most of the dogs on the street have been put there by Thai people

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jacko45k said:

This is the second recent reported incidence on TV.

My village area seems to have more dogs than several months back. Is this repeated in many places?

Worrying...

The third incident i have heard of, but why do all of  these incidents involve only kids,, no adults 

16 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Few weeks ago at night I counted 21 hanging about at the entrance to our moo bahan, imagine trying to go for a walk past them!

I walk  5 km plus every morning  before sunrise, walking through packs of dogs and  have never had a problem with any dog, you dont disturb them, they dont distub you ..

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Which is the only kind of person who would do harm to an innocent (assumed) dog. Killing them will never be done. Putting down a vicious dog is responsible. Anyone who approves of killing just any dog isn't human anyway. The only way to reduce the population, meaning here especially with the locals attitude of not harming them, is spay and neuter programs like the US has, very low cost and the government might spend a little money on something that benefits them and not their pockets.

Soi dogs are not innocent they are pests and need to be dealt with, sterilization does not stop them being pests and only slows the population boom slightly. The soi dog foundation claims to have sterilized 470k dogs in the past 16 years, if that is true it obviously has not worked. I take it you are a meat eater and approve of killing other animals, it's just diseased pests that you think it's inhuman to kill then.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Elkski said:

Thailand needs to change. 

All dogs need  shots and collars with collars on and  tags of proof.   No free roaming dogs allowed.  Kill all these wild ones now. 

I think they're planning to test that on incoming tourists first and if it works then onto dogs ????

Edited by tonray

Problem for us a few years ago a old lady had 2 dogs then died and rather than in most countries where they would put the dogs to sleep they felt sorry for them and let them roam free.

Now fast forward 4 years we have maybe 20 dogs roaming free barking at all hours ,chasing people on bikes that they dont know.

Problem is lots of the houses feed them and one women has set up a big bath with fresh water every day which the skanky mongrels love.

she looks so proud of herself while feeding all the dogs and other neighbors are trying not to lose face and its a big competition now.

Maybe i am overreacting and should just import some fine Australian beef and host a bbq at the weekend ?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Acting fast will probably be rounding up a few- and dumping them somewhere else, seems to be the norm here. Any dog attacking a human should be immediately put down, no question.

May I add something to your last sentence? Yes, but only if severely provoked, but I am not saying that is the case here, the little girl would not be able to provoke the dog to make it attack her like that, and the dog responsible should be put down.

10 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Nothing will be done, these savage dog attacks don't happen on military bases, don't happen to HiSo children. Not seen as a problem by those in charge. 

Yes, just like all these daily road fatalities, they don't do anything about that, so why bother about the soi dogs?

1 hour ago, actonion said:

I walk  5 km plus every morning  before sunrise, walking through packs of dogs and  have never had a problem with any dog, you dont disturb them, they dont distub you ..

On my daily bicycle rides, I have battered two dogs with stones for chasing me and trying to do me harm over the past year, never seen them again since.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:
  1 hour ago, actonion said:

And the award for the most inane, ridiculous and stupid comment of the week goes to..........

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Oldie,  I was bitten by soi dog in exactly the same circumstances namely dog lying directly in front of 7-11 shop door to get the cold air. This one appeared to be the "pet" of the motorbike taxi crew nearby.  Call time on all soi dogs now.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Oldie said:

I have the feeling they would rather remove the people from the Sois than the Soi dogs. Got bitten once in the middle of Pattaya when I left a 7-Eleven. The dog was lying in front of the door. 

i was attacked yesterday in jomtien the sou near my condo is packed with thrm the stupid security guards feed them so they wont leave its not the first time ive been attacked here ..cant see it being the last i don't go out now without an umbrella ..not as tho i can hot them with it apparently id be jailed  stupid laws  put the vermin down 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, actonion said:

Aaaah, but you use.......

Most of us don't.....????

5 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

i was attacked yesterday in jomtien the sou near my condo is packed with thrm the stupid security guards feed them so they wont leave its not the first time ive been attacked here ..cant see it being the last i don't go out now without an umbrella ..not as tho i can hot them with it apparently id be jailed  stupid laws  put the vermin down 

Exactly what you say. Stupid people feed them and then the dogs see this as their territory. One day I was stopped by 8 aggressive dogs in the middle of Central Pattaya - the area where now Tree Town is. Aggressively barking they surrounded me. I couldn't make any movement. Luckily Thais knowing these dogs came to my rescue. And then the bite in front of the 7-Eleven... They love their stray dogs like the Indians love their holy cows. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The fuss over such incidents I recall was far more than that of a dog or two attacking children.

How long before a child is killed?

When tourists return, what about western media picking up on a vicious dog attack on a tourists?

Only a matter of time for both to occur.  

Just now, Leaver said:

How long before a child is killed?

When tourists return, what about western media picking up on a vicious dog attack on a tourists?

Only a matter of time for both to occur.  

A child recently was killed while the mom worked in Bangkok, left the kids with grandma. The usual mistakes they make here

• Like 1