Pattaya: Another little girl savaged by soi dog: "Do something" mum pleads - they're breeding fast

webfact

Kids are not the ones needing how to be taught, it's the dogs. Unfortunately many dogs are crafty sly creatures who will attack kids and babies if they think they can get a way with it, then look all innocent when the owner appears shocked at all the blood!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

What on earth was the Queen thinking about?

Given an award to a man who helps keep out of control rabies carrying dogs a home.

It is beyond belief, children are being maimed every day by soi dogs.

Clearly the Queen has absolutely no idea about the menace of soi dogs here.

Dogs that have rabies aren't the ones he finds homes for. Dogs that have rabies are sick and usually don't last more than 10 days or so. I've lived here for a total of over three years and have never had any trouble with any dogs. I love dogs and usually can approach most of them. Some have bared their teeth because they aren't anyone's dogs and are only defensive. It is a problem of course but like I mentioned earlier, the only solution is a government funded spay and neuter program. Some, like the child that was killed while his mother worked in Bangkok and the child was watched by grandma, will die because of the lack of sense here about doing something about the problem. Just like the driving and the roads. A few have to be martyrs before someone does something.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, greenbottle555 said:

The town is drying up, people are going broke and moving out, and the soi dogs have fewer people to give them food/scraps, so now the soi dogs are starving and attacking people. Something needs to be done, PLEASE.

yes, be nice, bring they food instead of writing BS.

Edited by salsajapan
  • Sad 1

On 10/9/2020 at 2:31 PM, Average man said:

The mayor should have fixed this problem in stead of 100 million on Bali hai  . Thai people and children have to fend for themselves . It’s the Thai way thing . I am a foriener but I feel sorry for Thai people 

No just in Pattaya and frankly all of Thailand and even those which are supposed to be pets (but they all start off as pets but not just children but many adults are genuinely concerned about these dogs but as usual, eve after these savage attacks, nothing again and again is done and yes the other day, as usual outside 7/11 so many puppies.
They are a pest and menace.

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe the dog charities should stop what they are doing, they only do half a job so the problem remains and gets worse each year. Maybe let it get really bad where the authorities finally can't swerve the problem any longer 

What would that look like? A western tourist, or their child, being maimed from a dog attack, and it making the western media?   It's not if, just when. 

A photo op presenting a basket of fruit to the victim and declaring a crackdown doesn't cover it anymore.   Too many Thai lies for too long. 

• 2 weeks later...

I lived on Soi 9 Jomtien beach and was terrified going out and in to my condo. I can’t understand why nothing is done about it. For me , it goes to show that authorities don’t give a damn about anyone’s safety, along with the  kamikaze  drivers and fly tipping rubbish. 

• Like 2

there's been a marked increase in my rural area  certainly more pups but a good few older dogs being dumped by inconsiderate heartless vermin  I must admit to helping out an elderly retriever cross who was dumped by railway tracks in a completely remote area

We have taken in another pup to be trained by my 2 big  gals (both former rescues ) as a fearless guard dog,......????