12 Airlines fly London -BKK

8 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Assuming this was "just seen" on the Royal Thai Embassy London's website, they are EVA Air, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, KLM, Lufthansa, Swiss Air, Austrian Airlines, Air France and Cathay Pacific.

any mention that quarantine is or is not required

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Assuming this was "just seen" on the Royal Thai Embassy London's website, they are EVA Air, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, KLM, Lufthansa, Swiss Air, Austrian Airlines, Air France and Cathay Pacific.

It was sent to me by my partner in Thailand. It was a screen grab fom a facebook anouncement. Just looked at it again and it is from the Royal Thai Embassy facebook site.

Edited by mlkik

The 14-day SQ/ASQ is still required by ALL incoming passengers regardless of their nationality.

Also add Thai Airways to that list. According to the RTE London website, Thai nationals using TG flights qualify for free SQ that is assigned after arrival and the initial PCR test. ie. they don't get to chose where they quarantine. Thai nationals using any other airlines will need to book and pay in advance for ASQ, just like non-Thai passengers have to.

Travelers can now book their own flights direct with the airlines but they still need to get the CoE from the RTE London who will need the flight details, PCR test, fit-to-fly, ASQ booking confirmation, etc..

With the Thai repatriation effort pretty much done and dusted as far as RTE London is concerned, not sure if foreigners can avail themselves of the TG/free SQ deal that applied for Thai-only during the full-on repatriation effort.

45 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The 14-day SQ/ASQ is still required by ALL incoming passengers regardless of their nationality.

Also add Thai Airways to that list. According to the RTE London website, Thai nationals using TG flights qualify for free SQ that is assigned after arrival and the initial PCR test. ie. they don't get to chose where they quarantine. Thai nationals using any other airlines will need to book and pay in advance for ASQ, just like non-Thai passengers have to.

Travelers can now book their own flights direct with the airlines but they still need to get the CoE from the RTE London who will need the flight details, PCR test, fit-to-fly, ASQ booking confirmation, etc..

With the Thai repatriation effort pretty much done and dusted as far as RTE London is concerned, not sure if foreigners can avail themselves of the TG/free SQ deal that applied for Thai-only during the full-on repatriation effort.

Not so sure about that my December flight with Thai was cancelled on Sunday, i phoned i was told that any flights in december would be repatriation flights, and i know there are plenty of Thais waiting to go 

19 minutes ago, howerde said:

Not so sure about that my December flight with Thai was cancelled on Sunday, i phoned i was told that any flights in december would be repatriation flights, and i know there are plenty of Thais waiting to go 

They apparently are saying that the flights are only for Thais. Others need to make arrangement for the other flights that are available. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

The requirements or benefits are not the same for foreigners compared to thai nationals when flying Thai. Thai nationals are repatriated and have more choices regarding for example quarantine. 

29 minutes ago, Max69xl said:
1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

The requirements or benefits are not the same for foreigners compared to thai nationals when flying Thai. Thai nationals are repatriated and have more choices regarding for example quarantine. 

Yes, they are different (that's what I said).

My understanding is Thais seeking repatriation can chose between free SQ (assigned after arrival screening) OR paid ASQ (selected, booked and pre-paid before departure).

Foreigners seeking repatriation are only eligible for the latter.

With the MFA apparently 'reserving' Thai Airways once-weekly flights for the dwindling amount of Thais still seeking repatriation, my question of the possibility of a foreigner blagging a seat (and free SQ) is a moot point.

Edited by NanLaew

1 hour ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

1.Is business class still the requirement for having a seat OR does the embassy also book Economy class tickets?

The RTE in London is no longer booking these flights. Foreigners who qualify for a CoE from the RTE in London can book the flights directly with the airlines. Coach seating is available, check with the airline directly.

2how much do people pay for those tickets?

I have seen prices around €600 for o/w Coach. You can check with the airline directly.

3.Can i book a SINGLE trip to Bangkok?

You can only book a return if the return date is some time in January 2021 but some airline websites don't allow r/t booking but do allow o/w booking. Since nobody knows who will still be flying in January, booking a o/w is recommended. However, one would need to have a visa that enable o/w travel. Check with the airline directly.

4.Must those flight be DIRECT FLIGHTS ?

Direct flights would be easiest but only EVA, Thai and British Airways do that from LHR. Check with the airline directly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stubuzz said:

No flights showing on KLM's website.

Bangkok is not listed as a current KLM/Air France destination for regular passengers. Their website shows first availability from Europe is in January. However, since they have almost daily services to either Taipei, Kuala Lumpur or Manila that stop-over in BKK, you can book KLM o/w BKK to AMS and beyond.

Now in my opinion only! I am a American who has been here over 11 years and there is no way I would fly anywhere! I live in Bangkok, now I am in Pattaya for a few days! Here It is really sad! Businesses boardedup or forsale signs everywhere! 

I am old seen much of the world I am sick do not intend on dying from covid now!

So in conclusion be wise and careful 1,000,000 worldwide have died! Hunker down, be thankful for what you have!

22 hours ago, mlkik said:

It was sent to me by my partner in Thailand. It was a screen grab fom a facebook anouncement. Just looked at it again and it is from the Royal Thai Embassy facebook site.

Austrian e.g. will only fly from Nov. sometime acc to Thai embassy Vienna site. Most airlines have always flown but cannot take pax TO Bkk. 

3 hours ago, rascalman said:

Now in my opinion only! I am a American who has been here over 11 years and there is no way I would fly anywhere! I live in Bangkok, now I am in Pattaya for a few days! Here It is really sad! Businesses boardedup or forsale signs everywhere! 

I am old seen much of the world I am sick do not intend on dying from covid now!

So in conclusion be wise and careful 1,000,000 worldwide have died! Hunker down, be thankful for what you have!

"One million have died from Covid! " 150,000 people die each day normally,so that’s less than 1 week of deaths. Half of all deaths are from cancer and heart disease. Just for perspective...

• Like 2

On 10/9/2020 at 8:07 AM, howerde said:

There can't be many Thai's still waiting to go - when I checked on Thursday, there were still repat flights available with Thai Airways on all of the 3 remaining October flights - however, the prices had jumped by £250 on some of them (£798 one way). Contrast that to September when they were sold out within a couple of hours of being announced.

When repat flights do end, there could be problems for foreigners travelling with a COE. Many airlines are still listing then cancelling flights to Thailand.  I spoke to someone at Etihad who told me they are sick and tired of announcements by the Thai government that indicate there may be a demand for flights, they schedule some then the Thai government changes their mind so the flights are cancelled. Trying to predict when flights will be required must be a nightmare for airlines at the moment. We had a flight booked this month on Etihad for my wife to return - we never actually expected to be able to use it (long story) but it was re-scheduled twice before finally being cancelled. Quite how COE applicants will get to Thailand once repat flights end is anyone's guess but it could be difficult.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Paul DS said:

The list may suggest they are allowed to fly into Thailand, but having spoken to several they told me they do not intend to actually fly in until they have customers / tourists etc, ie bums on seats!

All are currently flying to/from Thailand.

Flying to Thailand is somewhat restricted currently, by CoE, TEM-Q, STV, et al. So tickets cannot/should not be issued for LHR-BKK unless you have CoE.

Not all have daily service.

Some, like BR, fly just once per week. 

Others fly daily.

Same with CX, BR, OZ, KE, NH, JL, TG (NRT) going east.

QR has five (5) options for BKK-LHR departing tomorrow (Sunday, 11 Oct). One could head to the airport now, depart in 9 hours, be in London for lunch. 15,705 THB all in.

Edited by mtls2005

On 10/10/2020 at 11:08 AM, mtls2005 said:

QR has five (5) options for BKK-LHR departing tomorrow (Sunday, 11 Oct). One could head to the airport now, depart in 9 hours, be in London for lunch. 15,705 THB all in.

Yes but this thread is about LHR-BKK not BKK-LHR.

Strange British Airways is not on the Thai Embassy airline list.
Anyone have any info? I want to book with BA.

The list of airlines with flight permits to carry passengers to Thailand

Foreigners who wish to go to Thailand can fly only with the following airlines: 

- Thai Airways International

- EVA Air

- Emirates

- Etihad

- Qatar Airways

- Singapore Airlines

- Lufthansa

- Austrian Airlines

- Swiss Air

- KLM

- Air France

- Cathay Pacific

11 hours ago, Peeba boy said:

Is Thai flying from London to Bangkok on 25 October 

Yes, currently scheduled. 

14 hours ago, Marvo said:

Strange British Airways is not on the Thai Embassy airline list.

BA 9/10 flying 3X weekly (TuThSa), cargo-only. They're selling seats as of 2 Nov, no clue if that will hold?

15 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Yes but this thread is about LHR-BKK not BKK-LHR.

Correct, and most of my reply addressed that specific route/segment. I merely added that last line to help anyone who might be wanting to fly BKK-LHR.