Headsets, any recommendations?

Looking at Sena 50S head sets with new 'mesh' technology ( not sure how new? ), does anyone have any experience with these?

Can anyone recommend another type they've had success with, i'm not looking for answering phones / playing music etc, just would like to communicate with other riders i'm with rather than pulling over at the side of the road.

Any input appreciatated.

Personally don't have a headset for the bike as I find them overpriced for what they are but I've heard good things about the ones from Cardo. Sena has had issues with rain because theirs were not waterproof.

But in the end I guess what matters most is that you have a model that can communicate with the ones from your buddies. Unfortunately if all your buddies have Sena then you're better off getting a Sena as well and vice versa.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eisfeld said:

Personally don't have a headset for the bike as I find them overpriced for what they are but I've heard good things about the ones from Cardo. Sena has had issues with rain because theirs were not waterproof.

But in the end I guess what matters most is that you have a model that can communicate with the ones from your buddies. Unfortunately if all your buddies have Sena then you're better off getting a Sena as well and vice versa.

Thanks for your input, i agree about the price, you're looking at 18K ++ for a dual pack, either Cardo or Sena.

You're right, from what i've looked at Cardo at 'waterproof' whilst Sena are only 'water resistant'.

11 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

What made you go for the Sena? Would be great if you could leave a review here once you had some time with it.

The Mesh technology appeals to me, pairing BT devices does my head in.

I received them this morning, charged them up for a couple hours and had a quick play around, all good. Paired with the app on my phone, put some tunes on and got the missus the speak to me, music fades out when there is chatter and back in when it stops.

Unfortunately my bikes are parked at my condo with my helmets so can't do a full test.

First impressions are it does what it says on the box, to set up Mesh between headsets is power on the unit and then one push of one button, app on phone it not required for bike to bike comms.

• Like 2

I thought about developing about 10 hand signals with my body so we can communicate and don't have to stop on roadside every time need gas or toilet break etc..., it could save a neat 18k+.... ! Probably should be enough to say most urgent things, but leave chatter about the cute girls we passed for later in the bar...

But now have to stop even more to explain what the damn hand signal means, pretty useless... ! ???? lol

Edited by Agusts

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2020 at 1:09 PM, eisfeld said:

What made you go for the Sena? Would be great if you could leave a review here once you had some time with it.

I'm away on a trip just now with 3 of us wearing the headsets i've bought.

No complaints at all, very easy to connect to each other ( power on and push one button ), very clear comms and have not experienced any one of us 'dropping out' yet.

Battery life excellent, quick charge 1 hour certainly gives you enough charge for a full day ( 7-8 hours ) which is more than enough for us.

• Like 1

I have a Shark helmet which comes with cut outs for Sharktooth system so that is what I will buy. Good, bad or indifferent.

I would only need it for listening to directions.

One of the main things about motorcycling is that I don't have to listen to anyone.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Haha 1