Vaccine to arrive in Thailand ‘early next year’

snoop1130

Vaccine to arrive in Thailand ‘early next year’

By The Nation

download.jpg

A Covid-19 vaccine which may be released by the University of Oxford before the end of 2020 will be supplied to Thailand under an agreement signed this coming Monday (October 12).

Under the deal, Thailand will get access to the vaccine at the same time as the United Kingdom.

University of Oxford researchers are at the forefront of the global race to develop a vaccine.

Last week, they reported that their vaccine could be ready before the end of 2020.

Anutin said the Thai government had signed memoranda of understanding (MOUs) for access to vaccine supplies with about 20 foreign research outfits.

Among them is the University of Oxford, which will sign the MOU with the National Vaccine Institute on Monday.

Under the agreement, supplies of the vaccine will be gradually imported. First to be vaccinated with the new drug will be vulnerable groups such as medics treating Covid-19 patients, as well as the elderly and children.

The first supplies of Covid-19 vaccine are expected to be available to Thais in early 2021.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30395936

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-10-09

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Don Mega said:

so all that fan fare about Thailand have a vaccine a few months back was just buffalo excrement ?

Did the HIV cure Thailand invented ever hit the market ?

or the cancer cure from a few years back...

what's happened to the 1 hour 15 minute covid test they developed... any news of it actually being used?

• Like 1

This is simply not true, absolutely will not happen the way it is being reported. Thailand may get some vaccine for those treating covid, about 100-200 doses I imagine, but if it does not all go to health professionals but instead is used by others, Oxford and the UK will close the door very quickly

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Blumpie said:

That's nice.

If this happens ( and I have my doubts) it doesn't really matter and won't for a long time because this vaccine has to be widely available.  

It simply will not be, not that I think it will come to fruition anyways.  

Well it may be available in Australia very soon as CSL is gearing up to produce 30mill doses and I would imagine that other countries with the technology and facilities will jump on board. as well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, runamok27 said:

The vaccine will be out shortly because the data will show that the vaccine is extremely effective because the test subjects are cooped up in their homes, wearing masks and disinfecting everything around them.

Or perhaps the testing parameters are different to your instant assumptions?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

Whether the slew of vaccines under development are effective or not only time will tell but I do know the pharmaceutical industry folk must be jumping for joy at the prospect of an avalanche of money coming their way very soon.    

And most of them are publicly listed companies who are very aware of keeping a very good/successful image for several reasons; including keeping their share price high, and keeping the brand name strong for other products they sell and for the long-term.

Therefore they won't be allowing 'mickey mouse' research or development, and they won't without valid reasons be pumping hundreds of millions of $s into the research and testing without good rational reasons/evidence. 

And in terms of costs of research etc., the management won't be quick to just throw money around, if they did at the next AGM they will get loudly/seriously slaughtered by the shareholders and be turfed out in a 10 second shareholder on the spot vote.

Shareholders, and more especially big shareholders always want both bites at the cake; big revenue and profits and low cost.

• Sad 2