Foreign property owners now allowed to return to Thailand

rooster59

6 minutes ago, Morty T said:

Welcome to Thailand. No really, we figured this out after the first 2 months. Sold everything while the market was still good and made out well. Feel bad for the deniers who wanted to " stick it out " thinking that the Thai officialdom would do the right thing and get all thus sorted out. After just 3 years in the LOS if you haven't figured out that efficiency here is nothing but a pipe dream, then you're feeling it now.

May i add a rider . 

Living here,  permanently , is a pipe dream . 

More  hoops , expected soon ... 

Edited by elliss

36 minutes ago, Airalee said:

Death, taxes and banking systems that will scam you in any way possible.

Death, taxes, and predatory financial institutions supported by equally predatory governments.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Is this even real news? I couldn't see any mention of this on the embassy link provided in the OP 

If real, why would anyone over 50 apply as a condo owner when you can get an O-A visa that requires 800k baht equivalence in your own country bank account rather than 3 million baht in Thailand

You can get that O-A visa, but it doesn't give you the right to travel to Thailand now.

9 hours ago, finnsk said:

The country needs money, they take where they can see options.

I think this option will be a quiet death, with only a very few applicants, like the stv.

The country must begin to think at forreigners as friendly people, not stupid milky cows.

This Thai Government . 

Fyi , does not need money , from  Aliens/foreigners .

Those days , of the big white buffalo , Pattaya sex pats , have gone ..

Covid 19, changes everything ..

Edited by elliss
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Reading these new rules for allowing foreign property owners to return can anyone explain why I should have to apply for a Non-B visa to enter Thailand when I have a valid extension of stay and a valid Re-Entry permit ????? 

1 hour ago, P100 said:

Thai government going wild!

It is definitely time for all farangs to turn their backs on Thailand and comment it also thru all media.

What is a country, that you have chosen to be the place of your retirement, worth, if you are unwanted, worthless and only a dirty farang in the eyes every low educated do-nothing, know-nothing, but racicst, nationalist and xenophobic lowlife Thai person???

I don't think they're going wild, they're going broke.  

Your money will help prop up the banks.  This isn't political, this is truth.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, elliss said:

This Thai Government . 

Fyi , does not need money , from  Aliens/foreigners .

Those days , of the big white buffalo , Pattaya sex pats , have gone ..

Covid 19, changes everything ..

White Buffalo <deleted>...

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1143427/thailand-value-of-tourism-gdp/

Q1 2020 5.65% gdp would =22% yoy Oz is 3.1% yoy

Edited by agoodpunt
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

Yes, good point - it appears it was written by an idiot. I still don't think you need to maintain a current balance of 3 million in Thailand, I guess time will tell on this one.

Yes. And 3 million in Thai bonds is just there for the Lolz

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

Reading these new rules for allowing foreign property owners to return can anyone explain why I should have to apply for a Non-B visa to enter Thailand when I have a valid extension of stay and a valid Re-Entry permit ????? 

Because people holding valid extensions of stay and a re-entry permit are not a class of traveler allowed to enter the country at the moment. If you want to enter NOW, you have to fit into one of the allowed catagories...or wait.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lensta said:

They don't want you/us here, how clear do they have to make it. Any plans that prayut and his cohorts come up with are just smoke and mirrors. They are trying to look as if they are trying to open up the country, but actually, they have no intention of letting western foreigners back into Thailand anytime soon.

They can't until corona is finished according to UN / WHO standards. 

They have contracts for this. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Of all the places on earth I would move money right now, Thailand is pretty low.  

I'm pretty shocked at how they treat you guys.  

Beyond brutal.  

Sell and get the hell out.  

Cuba , i am on my way ...

Edited by elliss

10 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

Seriously 3 million baht? This is no way to treat people who own condos. I wish sometimes we could do this <deleted> to the Thais that live in our countries. Maybe they would learn something in the process.

While we don't require this nonsense in the US, we do have a "Rejection Express Lane" at the embassy in Thailand for those applying for tourist visas.  

9 minutes ago, micmichd said:

They can't until corona is finished according to UN / WHO standards. 

They have contracts for this. 

Fyi . Corona , will not  finish ,  long time . 

WHO , so expensive , and lacks creditable status ..

The new norm ..

Sorry , someone has to tell you .

3 minutes ago, smylee52 said:

Now you know why people are counselled not to invest any money in Thailand that they can not

afford to walk away from . We are at the mercy of puppets and fools.

Shouldn't that be muppets and tools? ????

44 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Because people holding valid extensions of stay and a re-entry permit are not a class of traveler allowed to enter the country at the moment. If you want to enter NOW, you have to fit into one of the allowed catagories...or wait.

Yes they are. 

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Next, (and this is the first of the eye opening requirements) they need to be able to provide a copy of a bank statement that shows a balance of at least 3 million baht deposited into a Thai bank account.

They also need to show a bank statement from a UK or Irish bank account that has a balance of 500,000 baht for the past 6 months.

This is totally BS. This is why people should not invest in Condo or property in this country. This the the government way of saying we don’t want you nasty dirty farlangs back here. 

Was the purchase of your property include this in the under write of the contract? In 2019, the government has been showing it true colors to the Westerns and shame on all that has not forward those clips of discrimination to family and friends.  Bottom line a stray dogs has more rights and treat better. 

So in losing, you better get what they want if you want to come back to your property. If not, do not worry, most of the condo built from 2010 and back look like Cr ap anyway. The property owners are not keeping them up anyway. ????????????????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pottinger said:

Farookin' ridiculous! Three million Baht earning 0.1% in a Thai bank plus another half million doing nothing in your home country - just how anxious do they think people are?

You would be a total fool to have a deposit earning that low a percentage. You can get a rate of 1% in a Mee Tae Dai Deposit account with no problem.

12 hours ago, meechai said:

Man-O-Man  I would be upset if I wanted to/needed to go back now...Because this smells like their holding your real estate hostage

The fact that #1 requirement is to prove you own it is fine...After that there should be no further requirements

You own real property (most likely a condo) & you want to return to it. If you have a proper visa etc then that should be it.

What is the reasoning for this further blackmailing of owners?

I think it has finally dawned on them that when this fiasco is over & it eventually will be over

Many that were trapped out will be back to sell condos & empty bank account of the previously required 800k baht

I know many always say foreigners mean nothing in the bigger picture of Thailand but I think this slide will be felt

So again I ask....What is the reasoning for this further blackmailing of owners?

Many expat condo/house owners have a wife/GF and many of them a car as well. When they can't return to LOL because of those new requirements the property ends in the hands of the ladies. For those unable to pay their mortgages the bank will claim the property and sell it cheap to the Chinese.

• Like 2