Foreign property owners now allowed to return to Thailand

6 hours ago, malthebluff said:

Finally done it for me time to sell up and move to other maybe Cambodia or Philippines much cheaper and they actually want us there. 

For now... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Farookin' ridiculous! Three million Baht earning 0.1% in a Thai bank plus another half million doing nothing in your home country - just how anxious do they think people are? Expect a lot more co

So punters drop eg 5 to 15 million baht on a home and now need to show 3 million to use it   Sounds fair 

Let's face it...this is just another step on the road to clearing out foreigners (apart from their brothers and sisters in China).......It is all part of going down the (silk) road to become the next

Posted Images

7 hours ago, malthebluff said:

Finally done it for me time to sell up and move to other maybe Cambodia or Philippines much cheaper and they actually want us there. 

That would be an interesting theory if the Philippines didn't have basically the same entry regulations at the moment as Thailand. And to think, if you were already living there, you could have enjoyed months of mandatory lockdown (longest in the world) and still the highest Covid infection and death rate in SE Asia. Not to mention people over 60 are still restricted from leaving their residences and inter-provincial travel is still, 9 months on, severely restricted. 

• Sad 1
21 hours ago, Surelynot said:

OMG.....this doesn't apply to the Chinese as well...... does it?.......It can't do, they are flooding back into my condo at the moment.

Where is your condo?

4 hours ago, garyk said:

Can’t imagine what it is going to be like in the next 5-10 years for expats. The virus is the perfect excuse to ramp up the purge.

Pretty much like the past 5-10 years I imagine...sans Covid. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Enjoy Australia...where you need government permission to enter or exit the country and travel between states isn't allowed. I'll enjoy the Thai Dream, where 2 out of those 3 are allowed (as well as indoor dining).

We have indoor dining the state is three times the size of Thailand with more beaches and tropical rainforest plus deserts,can travel anywhere in the state no restrictions.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Airalee said:

Only a complete financial illiterate would put 3 million baht into a Thai bank when the deposit protection drops to ONE million baht next year.  

I think that it has dropped to one million already. I asked last January and I was told the rule would be changed in August, which has passed already.

32 minutes ago, heybuz said:

We have indoor dining the state is three times the size of Thailand with more beaches and tropical rainforest plus deserts,can travel anywhere in the state no restrictions.

I'm glad you're happy with your choice...why are you belittling Thailand; maybe you would rather be here?

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Pravda said:

I have actually been condo shopping. Wife's taking a loan, so it won't be a cash purchase. Most new projects are being sold 15-20% lower than pre-sale prices back in 2016. It is actually a great time to buy if you think they will let Chinese back which they certainly will. 

My wife is only worried about oversupply, but I think it's not an issue in Thailand as developers dictate the prices which always go up. 

I'm probably wrong, cuz if I was right I'd be a millionaire by now. But seriously, the best time to buy is when the sky is falling. If you can stay in Thailand this should be a no brainer. 

Again, don't listen to me... I suck at investing. 

Sorry the prices don't always go up. There is currently a glutton of unsold condos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

i've recently noticed horribly built condos for like 2.5 million baht in the middle of nowhere.  

do the math people, research your home country, and just invest another 1 or 2 million and you will get MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more, and safety.

rent

I would agree with rent if your company is paying.

The other option is if staying for long term then buy.

If you rent for 10 years and leave you might get two months deposit back. If you buy for 3 mil stay 10 years then if push came to a very big shove you could sell at a big discount but still walk out with some cash. 

All depends on how long you've been I suppose.