Foreign property owners now allowed to return to Thailand

rooster59

3 hours ago, madmen said:

So punters drop eg 5 to 15 million baht on a home and now need to show 3 million to use it

Sounds fair 

That's not the way I read it, they want to see the purchase amount deposited in the bank at some point in the past and it appears to be a filter to keep out the people who bought small / cheap condos.

If you've dropped 5 to 15 million on a home then you can show a bank deposit of 5 to 15 million, can't you? They didn't mention a current balance of this amount.....

I think this needs some clarification as to whether a deposit 10 years ago of more than 3 million Baht will suffice here, I suspect it will but I could be wrong.

Edited by ukrules
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

it really is about time the embassies were involved in this,its blatently trying to gouge money from people based on racism.we are always and constantly being lectured about this in europe and n america but when it happens the people lecturing about it do nothing,the thais should be warned and then the same regs visited upon them,germany could start by showing the world theyre not corrupt and hypocritical,go ask all the illegal immigrants who paid millions to bribe their way in there and others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

I just told my kids and wife at the lunch table and their jaws literally dropped. Wife said good way to lose money.

Thai wife ? She has her eye on it already ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pottinger said:

Farookin' ridiculous! Three million Baht earning 0.1% in a Thai bank plus another half million doing nothing in your home country - just how anxious do they think people are?

Expect a lot more condos to come up for sale.

Anybody with anything good in Pattaya can PM me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, madmen said:

So punters drop eg 5 to 15 million baht on a home and now need to show 3 million to use it

Sounds fair 

More like 3-5M for most...if they've spend more for their housing then they can surely meet the financial requirements to return at this time.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

More like 3-5M for most...if they're spending more for their housing then they can surely meet the requirements to return at this time if they want to.

Exactly.

They bought a condo in Pattaya and are smarter and wealthier then the dumb renters.

The requirements should be easy street.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Grumpy John said:

Seems like that plan is to screw you over in a big way or keep you out.   And if you do do it how long do you have to keep your 3 million in their dodgy bank? 

Until your wife has spent it.

Go back to START and all over again.