Foreign property owners now allowed to return to Thailand

rooster59

Just now, Awinkl said:

Firstly, I cannot leave Oz - until they open flights - and then, I'd hope to wait until they don't require Quarantine anymore? ...... and certainly, I don't want to have to stomp-up another 3 Mill.

You can leave Oz easily given your situation. The 3 mil is a red herring and irrelevant to you. The quarantine sucks.

2 minutes ago, Thaifly88 said:

My suggestion would be to come back when retirement visa/extension holders are allowed back, rather than this 3 mill baht requirement for property owners. It’s probably not far away. However if you are like me, your OA visa/extension may have expired by then.

Yes, my (old) Retirement Visa had expired. My Plan was (prior Covid) .... to just go up on a 30 day Tourist Visa and then apply again for a Retirement Visa. But the (normal) 30 Day Visa may not come back in use - for a long time?

3 minutes ago, Salerno said:

You can leave Oz easily given your situation. The 3 mil is a red herring and irrelevant to you. The quarantine sucks.

Unfortunately, flights out from Oz are NOT possible at present - maybe by the end of 2020 - or early 2021? I am NOT in a desperate hurry - so hope to wait until NO more Quarantine.

Just now, Awinkl said:

Unfortunately, flights out from Oz are NOT possible at present ...

They are, things have loosened since October. I see now your extension to stay has expired; that's a pain in the <deleted> but at least they've stared issuing Non-O again, be a few months before they reinstate visa exempt I reckon. 

With you on the quarantine issue though, until they open a "travel bubble" without quarantine and ditch the $25K in the bank for 6 months not rushing either.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 9:37 AM, Pattaya Spotter said:

I don't buy property for investment...I buy to live in.

Exactly - because you chose this country to live in and buy a property .  Way ahead of Vietnam (for the moment anyway)! 

On 11/15/2020 at 2:36 PM, Awinkl said:

Unfortunately, flights out from Oz are NOT possible at present - maybe by the end of 2020 - or early 2021? I am NOT in a desperate hurry - so hope to wait until NO more Quarantine.

They are now. From the Thai embassy in Aus.

Certain airlines are now permitted to operate semi-commercial flights to Thailand, such as, Emirates (EK384), Etihad (EY406), EVA (BR211), Qatar Airways (QR 826, QR830, QR832, QR834, QR836, QR980), Singapore Airline (SQ976), Cathay Pacific (CX653), Lufthansa  (LH772), Austrian Airlines (OS25), Swiss Air (LX180), KLM (KL873, KL875, KL887, KL847, KL811, KL843, KL815, KL803) and Air France (AF253, AF168).

On 11/17/2020 at 1:02 PM, aussiexpat said:

They are now. From the Thai embassy in Aus.

Certain airlines are now permitted to operate semi-commercial flights to Thailand, such as, Emirates (EK384), Etihad (EY406), EVA (BR211), Qatar Airways (QR 826, QR830, QR832, QR834, QR836, QR980), Singapore Airline (SQ976), Cathay Pacific (CX653), Lufthansa  (LH772), Austrian Airlines (OS25), Swiss Air (LX180), KLM (KL873, KL875, KL887, KL847, KL811, KL843, KL815, KL803) and Air France (AF253, AF168).

Just checked - and the prices are ...... HIGH, will WAIT until Sanity has returned and (hopefully) Quarantine might also be .... gone?

47 minutes ago, Awinkl said:

Just checked - and the prices are ...... HIGH, will WAIT until Sanity has returned and (hopefully) Quarantine might also be .... gone?

I found Singapore Airlines was the only flight out of Brisbane for $900 one-way. Another problem is SQ has a 19 hour stop over in Singapore, so a long time stuck at the airport.

5 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I found Singapore Airlines was the only flight out of Brisbane for $900 one-way. Another problem is SQ has a 19 hour stop over in Singapore, so a long time stuck at the airport.

Singapore airport has rooms for transit passengers - basic but bed, shower etc - good enough for your layover 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

While I had a Retirement Visa, One-Way tickets was my preference. But now, with my Retirement Visa expired - I would NOT be allowed to travel on a ONE WAY, so have to book a RETURN ticket - and they are very HIGh in price now. Looking at Skyscanner for February, the prices seem to be ok again - including the Non-stop flights. And hopefully by then, the Quarantine requirements would have also been lifted?