Foreign property owners now allowed to return to Thailand

rooster59

4 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Let's face it...this is just another step on the road to clearing out foreigners (apart from their brothers and sisters in China).......It is all part of going down the (silk) road to become the next North Korea.

I don't see any evidence of preferential treatment for Chinese though. The Chinese that were supposed to arrive in Phuket on STV visas the other day have already been shafted.

I think if anything, the government might be trying to clear the country of ALL foreigners, or at least all foreigners that aren't super rich, who don't give a <deleted> about a third world country like Thailand to begin with. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Susco said:

Best evidence ever that Thailand Covid is only about money, and not about infections

Yes, capitalism is about money, and your protestant (hanseatic) ethics is about working for money. 

Guess you are 500 years to regret. But you don't have the Bubonic Plague in your country anymore now. 

So, which one do you prefer? 

Did you really believe you could have it all? 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, riclag said:

How much does the average person have saved up in the UK! You would think Thai officials would incorporate this into their "scheming" !

The UK/Irish bank thing did puzzle me.

Strange requirement.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Good for the govt. to recognize these foreigners and make it easy for them to enter the country.

As usual a bunch of moaners who feel entitled to come and go here as they please.

What are the regulations for Thai owners of property in the UK? Do you really think they can come and go as they please? 

Uk need those Thai property owners? Uk economy drop coz Thai people not easy way get in!?

Have you heard some western coundry get easy entrance to people who come from "3rd world" countrys!?

• Haha 1

How about the children of the foreign property owners? We should also be granted entry.  This should be classed a special case!

My father Is a 70 year old German living in Bangkok. I’ve tried many times to get in-touch with the Royal Thai General Consulate in Hong Kong for a Entry request to the kingdom of Thailand. They don’t even respond to your emails. On the fone they give you a thousand excuses, yet no names for identification or reference and will push you to apply for an STV visa. 

“In-case they didn’t get it clear ! I’m not requesting for entry to go on a holiday! I’m requesting for a Emergency entry permit and repatriation flight because I’ve got to help a sick family member! “ 

As I am based in macau and most consulates are based in Hong Kong, 

it is hard to get in-touch with the necessary officials. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pottinger said:

Farookin' ridiculous! Three million Baht earning 0.1% in a Thai bank plus another half million doing nothing in your home country - just how anxious do they think people are?

Expect a lot more condos to come up for sale.

Yeah,I think many foreigners will try to sell condos cos. they can not use them or rent them on fair price. I recon prices can drop pretty much in coming months and next year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, holy cow cm said:

So seems you have the golden mouth grill to say something like that. I have the 3 million easy but there is no way and under most all circumstances would bring it here for this regime to use. 1 million is already enough plus their 400,000 mandatory for my type of visa. I have over 7 million solid property and things bought here already. Seems the Regime and Uppity Elite in office are far worse than the Thai bargirls taking a guy for a ride because the buffalo died.

Seems you misunderstand my sarcasm. 

Take a deep breath. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

As another OP pointed out, it is exactly the same amount required for the O-X long term visa. Basically any way you look at it only points to a shake down bordering on selective racism. 

So then it's similar to other entry options that are currently available; then how is it a shakedown or racism? And again, these are bank deposit requirements...not fees or costs for entry.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

Seriously 3 million baht? This is no way to treat people who own condos. I wish sometimes we could do this <deleted> to the Thais that live in our countries. Maybe they would learn something in the process.

Oh they would SCREAM RACIST faster than you can blink (Remember Jeremy's remark about the rickety old wood bridge having a slant when in Thailand?). Or they would quickly pass a law like the one they passed years ago allowing Americans the right to buy land to build a house on yet never has a land office issued a land deed to an American. Maybe this will help clear some rose coloured glasses out there.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

So seems you have the golden mouth grill to say something like that. I have the 3 million easy but there is no way and under most all circumstances would bring it here for this regime to use. 1 million is already enough plus their 400,000 mandatory for my type of visa.

You're not giving the money to the "regime," you're putting it in the bank.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Don't forget GPS tracking and a scarlet letter tattooed on the forehead.

Well if you look at it, immigrants seem to have priority over the average native due to politital correctness....  I seeth after returning to TH with the missus, going trhough the empty immi check whist seeing hundreds qued up in the next area... then go to AU and get treated worse that the no residents poring in...