Foreign property owners now allowed to return to Thailand

rooster59

5 minutes ago, Airalee said:

They just slowed the drop to 1 million by a year. (It was supposed to take effect August of this year (2020) but was postponed by 1 year.

I always thought this was a rather odd thing to do, why would they do this?

I can't imagine why unless they were preparing for a future crash which screws over the majority of the population. Nothing that it was a long time ago when these changes were proposed.

How many people (Thais) have all their money in one bank? I'd suspect there's plenty of them.

Edited by ukrules

5 hours ago, Surelynot said:

OMG.....this doesn't apply to the Chinese as well...... does it?.......It can't do, they are flooding back into my condo at the moment.

How the hell are they doing that are you saying they are coming in from China by air?

Edited by les1
Spelling mistakes

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Foreign property owners now allowed to return to Thailand

Why just not state that only The Hi So and Super rich And Well connected can return to Los and Forget about Anyone else. then We All know where we Stand.

• Like 2

This visa is not for  someone who owns cheap niruncondo full of cockroaches. It is kind of visa who has a proper condo and maby interested to invest more to propertymarket or something else in Thailand. Kind of investment visa, I`d say,,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jlwilliamsjr18 said:

Key Words here: "now able to apply to return to the country"

Good luck.

And then......

https://loyaltylobby.com/2020/10/08/epic-failure-thailand-delays-special-tourist-visa-indefinitely-48-hrs-before-first-tourists-arrive-no-refunds/?omhide=true

(Yes I know this link is about the STV, but the principle remains, IMO)

Caveat Emptor

• Haha 1

I would love to know what's behind all these hurdles. They seem to be getting more and more ridiculous. One has to wonder what the ultimate play is. Is it just a way of limiting applications or is there an end game in their sights. Is immigration going to get more and more difficult in the future?

• Like 2

Have to admit, it's comical to read the irrational idiotic drivel they come up with on a daily basis.

Thailand is all but over now. Tourism will never recover and why in gods name would anybody even consider owning property in Thailand anymore. The entire economy will carsh like a deck of cards very soon.

I wouldn't even consider going back until they get back to some form of normailty, which won't be ebefore June 2021 if ever. Vietnam is so much nicer on all levels anyway.

Edited by Jack Cook
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Don't give them any ideas to suggest and be the biggest Regime boot licker in government. 

i am beginning to think that THEY  do get most of their ideas from frikin people here .

THEY  are casually reading our sweet posts , getting a good laugh at how powerless we are,  getting

a little pizd off as the Nong puts some more ice in their Johnny Walker ...

and then BAM,  someone posts " what are they gonna do next ?  make us put 1.5 million in the bank?

bunch of covidiots ! "           "Arai wah !! "   Next cabinet meeting ... " Sure General, let 'em in .  Here is the list ,  I have just added the 3 million contingency "

holy cow poo poo indeed !   i am starting to fear that the path ahead is full of it

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Errr Ummm. You don't get the long stay visa? It is an additional slap and spit into the face for most who have already qualified and whom have purchased property here. If I want the O-X then I would have to put up the 3 million as those is them rules for that. These bozos are making it up as they go. Lets call it selective discrimination.

I agree they do seem to be chasing their tails...but don't think it has anything to do with race. 

6 hours ago, Pottinger said:

Farookin' ridiculous! Three million Baht earning 0.1% in a Thai bank plus another half million doing nothing in your home country - just how anxious do they think people are?

Expect a lot more condos to come up for sale.

Watch the real estate prices crash. One thing the government have no control over. 

• Like 1