New button on my phone

AlfHuy

Good afternoon,

I noticed that 2 days ago, I have a new button (or how you would call it) on my phone.

It's on the home screen and you can move it around.

Where does this thing come from?

How can I uninstall it?

Cheers

5 minutes ago, Jack Hna said:

There also a function called a screenshot which might help people help you. Also there's thousands of phones so might help mentioning some specifics

I have a Huawei P20

My daughter an iPhone 6S

Both of us have suddenly this thing on our phones.

5 minutes ago, jvs said:

It is probably from an app you downloaded?Try to just swipe it away,any direction should work.

Didn't download anything.

It just appeared 2 days ago.

On my daughter's phone as well.

I tried to swipe it away, not possible.

2 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

I guess you mean an icon. Click on it and see what comes up. It could also be a tiny pic of a messenger's friend who had written something to you. If so, click on it, then another one , a cross will show up, click on it and the icon is gone. 

No message at all.

If I have a window open, let's say whats'app and click on this icon, the phone goes back to home screen.

Impossible to delete it or move to the bin.

Also noticed that my battery is going empty much quicker now.

It's a home button, often found and used on iPhones & iPads because the sheep that buy those are convinced it saves the only/main physical button. If you're on Android, this 'button' appears from time to time by accident, conspiracy or you activating it unknowingly. It happened to me this week.

It takes a while to get rid of, but if you press and hold it (I think) you should get a little red & white 'minus' sign to delete it.

Good luck.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 2long said:

It's a home button, often found and used on iPhones & iPads because the sheep that buy those are convinced it saves the only/main physical button. If you're on Android, this 'button' appears from time to time by accident, conspiracy or you activating it unknowingly. It happened to me this week.

It takes a while to get rid of, but if you press and hold it (I think) you should get a little red & white 'minus' sign to delete it.

Good luck.

I thought maybe something tracking my phone.

Yes, I have an android but never saw this Icon before.

It happened to you this week? Coincidence?

11 minutes ago, 2long said:

Good luck.

I can press and hold it as long as I want, this beast is not going anywhere 555

32 minutes ago, 2long said:

Ha. Ha. Ha.

*haughtly looks down at modern devices from good ol' un-googled smartphone with physical menu/home/back buttons*

• Haha 2

It happened to me just a few days ago, for the second time ever.

I found it difficult to get rid of and I think holding it for a second or something similar brought up the little 'delete' icon. And of course it happened while I was trying to take pictures of dogs that didn't want to sit still. Sod's Law.

https://findanyanswer.com/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-floating-button-on-my-android

https://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/VS986/Userguide/041.html#:~:text=Choose White or Black.,screen to temporarily redisplay them.

3 minutes ago, 2long said:

It happened to me just a few days ago, for the second time ever.

I found it difficult to get rid of and I think holding it for a second or something similar brought up the little 'delete' icon. And of course it happened while I was trying to take pictures of dogs that didn't want to sit still. Sod's Law.

https://findanyanswer.com/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-floating-button-on-my-android

https://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/VS986/Userguide/041.html#:~:text=Choose White or Black.,screen to temporarily redisplay them.

Dogs 555

I saw you in a bar and the "dogs" were dancing around a pole bar. 555

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

Try going to:

Settings

System

System navigation

Navigation dock

Off.

Or, if that doesn't work:

Settings

Smart assistance

Floating dock

Off.

Yeah, the beast is gone.

Thanks a lot.

• Like 1

I had the same problem. Just been reading the answers above but no solution. Now I've got rid.

Hold it down and in a second you will see somewhere else on the screen another circle with a minus or delete on it. Hold the red button down and slide to this circle. It disappears.

*Just seen answer above. Glad you got rid of it.

Edited by Tmoney
Crossed post
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tmoney said:

I had the same problem. Just been reading the answers above but no solution. Now I've got rid.

Hold it down and in a second you will see somewhere else on the screen another circle with a minus or delete on it. Hold the red button down and slide to this circle. It disappears.

I followed ballpoint's advice and the beast is dead.

14 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

There also a function called a screenshot which might help people help you. Also there's thousands of phones so might help mentioning some specifics

i can take a screenshot of my computer, but i cant take a screenshot of my phone