Double glaze Windows

pingping

although I didn't get it done in Chiangmai I built a house in Rayong and had the window manufacturer make me double pane windows with 12 mm glass (for sound proofing and insulation). Am very happy as the house is quiet and barely hear the road noise (On a busy beach road).

Just look for a glass manufacturer or distributor In Chiangmai ....they should be able to help you.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Oldie said:

You have to look for windows that reflect the heat from the sun. Double glazing alone will not change this. In respect of insulation they will bring something if the other parts of your house or condo are insulated too. Otherwise you will not see much difference. 

I have covered the inside of all our windows with reflective mirror film. Not a huge difference but for little outlay there is some improvement with the bonus that people cant see in during the daytime.

18 hours ago, pingping said:

Hi,

Any one had double glazed windows installed in Chiangmai and were you happy with the results?

Cheers

If you have a single bricked house, Double glazing the windows will not have the effect I think you are looking for pingping

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trucking said:

I have covered the inside of all our windows with reflective mirror film. Not a huge difference but for little outlay there is some improvement with the bonus that people cant see in during the daytime.

I have films too. That they really help a lot they need to be on the outside of the window - but they will not hold very long then. So like you I enjoy the increased privacy. And my experience is the same - the films are not as good as window glass with special coating. But perhaps better than nothing. 

Installed double glazing and double thick thermal block in our house in CNX, it was expensive but I think worth the cost in quietness and heat / cold retention and also keeping the temperature down, we also insulated the roof space!. Always pleasant to walk into the house even in the summer, we used Khun Oh from CHIANG MAI UPVC WINDOWS & DO0RS  and were happy with her service.

https://www.chiangmaiupvcwindowsdoors.com/about

• Like 1

23 hours ago, beachproperty said:

although I didn't get it done in Chiangmai I built a house in Rayong and had the window manufacturer make me double pane windows with 12 mm glass (for sound proofing and insulation). Am very happy as the house is quiet and barely hear the road noise (On a busy beach road).

Just look for a glass manufacturer or distributor In Chiangmai ....they should be able to help you.

I did the same with my computer/listening- room, where I most of the day stay.

It was a balcony between living and sleepingroom, so, if you like to sit there, always warm.

I let them build 2 walls 10 cm apart with glasswool in between with 2 windows/frames, and have the same good experience with sound and heat from outside.

The only thing you have to consider is the ceiling that is only separated from the roof by plasterboard.

Happy enough, my ceiling is 290 cm heigh.

Edited by Peterphuket

11 hours ago, keithathome said:

Very little difference - apart from the cost, like putting nitrogen in car tyres rather than air.

Do get your facts correct. Argon has just under ½ the thermal conductivity of nitrogen, is less reactive and much heavier than nitrogen, so unlike putting nitrogen in car tyres it’s not snake oil.

14 hours ago, natway09 said:

Make sure your manufacturer has a vacumm in the space between the frames

If there were a vacuum the glass would break or be so thick you couldn’t sensibly use it in windows 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
17 hours ago, nevets81 said:

Where can I buy fiberglass frame windows?

Presume they meant to say UPVC windows as I've never heard of fibreglass being used in frames before and there are a couple of places I know of in Chiang Mai namely  https://www.chiangmaiupvcwindowsdoors.com/about and  https://www.windsor.co.th/

Have not used them personally so can't recommend them from experience. Maybe someone else can tell us their experience.