Arrival of Chinese tourists in Phuket under STV scheme delayed to Oct 26

rooster59

15 hours ago, yellowboat said:

The last thing you want are Chinese people shunning meat.  Just think if China was more vegetarian. 

No matter what tat does they always seen to shoot themselves in the foot.  Glory to the youth of Thailand.  They seem to know more than those twice their age. 

Word...i would show some cute chinese gals around Cm and took many to Malin Market across from CMU where they had the AUCE Hot pot places for 200 bt...many of those gals would eat there daily..meat feast!

19 hours ago, Mavideol said:

555 if I remember correctly, in the past it was published that average Chinese spend 5,000 baht during their short stay in Thailand, if it still be correct then 120 Chinese x 5,000 baht = 600,000 baht.... that supposely will save Phuket's tourism 555

IMO Thailand needs a very serious wake-up call on so many levels and topics it's not even funny. Perhaps falling into a complete economic collapse is what they need. It certainly wouldn't hurt my feelings...

On 10/11/2020 at 6:18 AM, rooster59 said:

Phiphat said that he was confident the STV tourists would not be infected, and wanted the STV tourism to proceed to the second phase, which allows STV tourists to walk in other spaces of the quarantine hotels, apart from their rooms, after the first seven days of quarantine.

He really does love to move the goal posts.

2 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

In a today's article on Thaivisa it is stated, that there was not a single taker in China for yet another visa type. Seems to be much closer to reality and truth ......... 

Post is carrying same news though they are burying it halfway down an article with a headline title of "Chinese are coming".  

BP are really into pushing the STV and playing down the screwups, they did not even mention the failure to arrive on the 8th until the 9th even though was confirmed not happening days before and that they also buried as a 'btw' in the middle of another article.

Definatly trying to save someone from international embarrassment as they are most sourced paper internationally

Edited by Lashay

On 10/11/2020 at 12:19 PM, scorecard said:

Yep bigger hole. IMHO the sad point is that these folks just keep moving the known factors approaches / answers etc., around the table and achieving nothing.

They need to get much more capable / innovative to create new approaches / ideas never seen before.

Not easy of course but put some some new untainted kids on it, maybe they will surprise.

Asia-Pacific countries begin to ease travel bans

https://www.yahoo.com/news/asia-pacific-countries-begin-ease-102015119.html

They have already open the doors to China and other countries. 

When I was leaving Chonburi, I saw on a baht bus with a group of Chinese with masks on in Pattaya. This was not the first time either. 

Everybody is not stupid and are aware of their surroundings.  It’s we that need to be careful when we are out and about. 

I think they will not come, right now things don't look too good in China

https://news.yahoo.com/mainland-china-reports-first-local-025510230.html

Mainland China reports first local COVID-19 infections in nearly two months.....

13 infections 9 million to be tested https://www.huffpost.com/entry/china-qingdao-test-new-covid-infections_n_5f842d73c5b6e6d033a51031

The Chinese city of Qingdao said on Monday it will conduct coronavirus tests for its entire population of more than 9 million after reporting new cases that appeared to be linked to a hospital treating imported infections.

2 hours ago, Truth Will Set You Free said:

They have already open the doors to China and other countries. 

When I was leaving Chonburi, I saw on a baht bus with a group of Chinese with masks on in Pattaya. This was not the first time either. 

Everybody is not stupid and are aware of their surroundings.  It’s we that need to be careful when we are out and about. 

Ive been saying the same for a while where I live, when you have lived here for a long time you can spot tourist I've seen Chinese tourist here riding around on scooters 

On 10/11/2020 at 1:18 AM, rooster59 said:

If infected persons were found among STV tourists, the operation will not proceed to the second phase, or even the third phase that would allow tourists to travel freely, if they are proved to be free from infection.

So, they really expect people to:

- go through this paperwork

- manage endless bureaucratic hurdles

- make a huge investment

- accept solitary confinement 

and then ... just because 1 in 120 has a positive PCR test, despite being separated for 14 days:

- you extend the jail without limitation ?

Guys, back to phase 1 of planning.

- And this time: please don’t try it when “mau maak maak”, throw away your whisky bottles and drink only water !  ????

On 10/12/2020 at 6:51 PM, Lashay said:

Post is carrying same news though they are burying it halfway down an article with a headline title of "Chinese are coming".  

BP are really into pushing the STV and playing down the screwups, they did not even mention the failure to arrive on the 8th until the 9th even though was confirmed not happening days before and that they also buried as a 'btw' in the middle of another article.

Definatly trying to save someone from international embarrassment as they are most sourced paper internationally

Well, there is always the Nation and yes, the BP has a direct teletype hook-up into the government house and preferably carries their news. But then again, it took them 25 years from Southeast Asian's freest press to what it is today; like anything else here, this went down the pan as well ????