UK will explore every avenue for EU deal, PM Johnson tells France's Macron

rooster59

On 10/11/2020 at 1:11 AM, rooster59 said:

(Johnson) confirmed the UK's commitment to exploring every avenue

I think he must have been down every avenue by now. He cannot force them into a deal, so let them eventually run the clock down and come home No Deal.

Another thing about the avenues - why did the French plant all those trees along them?

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Running down the clock?

Why does he keep ignoring his own deadlines then?

Now it's an EU deadline who's clock he's running down.

Just sitting back and watching, no capitulation, no french fishing, no deal and out.

What about those trees? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

my vote and my call? not so sure of that, am comfortable with leaving the final heat to BJ and his pommies

yes I know about the Walloon parliament, and I also know about some of the parliametarian rights of  your German

speaking minority

Belgium, one of the oddest countries in Europe, even the moule eating croakers had to give in at the end.

Sure, can be done again, holding up, but nee way your croakers will succeed in ditching a deal if ever reached,

croakers can be stubborn and prinicipal and moules doesn't give that much strength . . .

me thinks

no need to be agreed?

if a so called deal is to surface of course it must be agreed

have a go at Gewurztraminer with your next moule aioli, pretty tasty on a Wednersday

I dont know why the winning ( ? ) brexiteers are making so much fuzz out of it so close to your victory ,even .....should be dancing on the streets by now ????

For me i am satisfied they dont give in , as the game of trying your ways outside E.U. while you could not achieve it from the inside ..... take your red bus money and let us finally go for 100 % for our own things to handle ,4 years brexitting is more than enough time waisted for a leaving group who still stands in the doorway  yelling ...we are goooing !....we left already !....but still trying to get what is not to possible to get .....pathetic ????

• Like 2

A true man of his word ...

????????????????????????

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/10/14/boris-johnson-will-delay-decision-quitting-brexit-trade-talks/

Boris Johnson will delay decision on quitting Brexit trade talks

However, the Prime Minister warned the EU had to agree to round-the-clock talks or he would carry out his threat to trade on WTO terms

By James Crisp, Brussels Correspondent 14 October 2020 • 8:30pm

Boris Johnson will delay a decision on whether to quit the Brexit trade negotiations until after the European Council summit ends on Friday, after it became clear his no-deal deadline will be missed on Thursday. ...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

even the moule eating croakers had to give in at the end.

Mr. Johnson just gave in.

It is my opinion that Mr. Macron will have to give in as well.

Of course, every decision made can be presented as a victory. 

Sure some will be prepare to swallow it. 

But any decision taken for the benefit of all, is a good thing in my opinion. 

Even if sometimes it is at the cost of the pride of a minority. 

Posted the 11th Oct., today the 18th Oct. old News. Why always pick on the French,

the EU has 27 States, in case the UK didn't know!

"Soldiers, never interrupt an enemy who is about to make a mistake"   Napoleon

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moo 2 said:

Posted the 11th Oct., today the 18th Oct. old News. Why always pick on the French,

the EU has 27 States, in case the UK didn't know!

"Soldiers, never interrupt an enemy who is about to make a mistake"   Napoleon

The French want our waters, the French are holding up a possible deal...Sacre bleu...????

• Sad 1

On 10/14/2020 at 10:12 PM, Rookiescot said:

Running down the clock?

Why does he keep ignoring his own deadlines then?

Dead in a ditch .

Another deadline  he missed , unfortunately ..