UK will explore every avenue for EU deal, PM Johnson tells France's Macron

rooster59

(Boris in last resort ?   ???? )

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-11/johnson-plans-brexit-call-with-merkel-as-time-runs-out-for-talks

Johnson Plans Brexit Call With Merkel as Time Runs Short

By Tim Ross 
11 October 2020, 21:37 GMT+7 Updated on 11 October 2020, 22:21 GMT+7
+0.08+0.77%

Boris Johnson is planning to talk directly to German Chancellor Angela Merkel as he seeks a breakthrough in Brexit trade negotiations with the European Union before a crucial summit this week.

The British prime minister has set a deadline of Oct. 15 for a deal to be struck -- or to be within reach -- on future trading terms with the EU, and he’s stepping up his own involvement in the process in an effort to unblock negotiations.

On Saturday, Johnson spoke to French President Emmanuel Macron and he is also preparing for a possible call with Merkel, according to a person familiar with the matter.

France Warns No Brexit Deal Better Than Bad One on Fisheries

more...

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Get with the script mate.

Johnson has already capitulated over his deadline. 

Boris sticks it to them but Macron needs more time. Another delay to our No Deal Brexit.

image.png.13c61438d5982841f2d97e0c64630f3b.png

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1346335/brexit-news-no-deal-boris-johnson-michel-barnier-david-frost-trade-talks-fishing

image.png.aababff1f812b0b19d491a483bc83c49.png

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1346435/brexit-france-brexit-news-brexit-fishing-uk-eu-trade-deal 

Brexit LIVE: Boris issues final no deal ultimatum to EU after heated Merkel phone call

BORIS JOHNSON has reiterated the UK is willing to walk away from post-Brexit negotiations without a trade deal during a heated call with Angela Merkel today.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1346331/brexit-latest-news-brexit-fishing-uk-eu-no-deal-brexit-deal-boris-johnson-michel-barnier

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Indeed you are not; it is, after all, a tactic which you, yourself, regularly employ!

As do most of your fellow ardent Brexiteers.

Nice to see you back.....  :thumbsup:

I don't think you understand, yes I use emijons in topics, but, I am usually actively posting in those topics, Brexit for instance..... A bit different to a few emijon stalkers that do the same to a few others. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mavideol said:

just a balloon of hot air venting, why an ultimatum ? because he's desperate, only sheer desperation calls for ultimatums, just get the hell out, leave, walk away, run away, whatever but please don't turn back

I think we are chap......????

15 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I think we all know who made use of the crystal ball given you knew what you were voting for right?

????

I didn't need a crystal ball, I got what I voted for, it is done and dusted, now we move on.

Sadly for you, it is also done and dusted, but alas you cannot move on, your zillion posts on the subject is proof enough...

Chin up chap....:thumbsup:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

I didn't need a crystal ball, I got what I voted for, it is done and dusted, now we move on.

Sadly for you, it is also done and dusted, but alas you cannot move on, your zillion posts on the subject is proof enough...

Chin up chap....:thumbsup:

So have a look in your crystal ball and tell us if we are leaving with a deal or no deal.

There's a good chap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

So have a look in your crystal ball and tell us if we are leaving with a deal or no deal.

There's a good chap.

Why, I don't care...

How many times do I have to tell you lefties, I voted for ..........OUT of the EU.

My wish has come true....End of story for me....

GOT IT.....?

How many times do you have to be told we have LEFT the EU..........GET OVER IT...

You just concentrate on leaving the UK Union, I hear the SNP ....... 

1908458116_WEneedyou.jpg.675cff7acf2256b503060f97ecd63174.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

EU's utter contempt for Britain will wreck any hope of Brexit deal IAIN DUNCAN SMITH

We are nearing the end of the negotiations - the crunch point of whether we get a good deal, a bad deal or no deal at all.The government's ambition, its preferred outcome is a deal similar in structure but better than the one Canada has with the EU - often referred to as "Canada plus plus".

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/expresscomment/1346327/brexit-trade-deal-canada-david-frost-michel-barnier-Iain-Duncan-Smith

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

But you must know what you voted for right?

What does your crystal ball say about Johnsons trade talks deadline?

Will it be enforced or quietly dropped?

As I said, I don't use a crystal ball, because I don't need too, and I told you what I voted for.

Also, we will now not be in the future United States of Germany..

Trade talks, I don't care about trade talks, what happens, happens, those dealing with it will deal with it.  :thumbsup: 

On 10/11/2020 at 1:11 AM, rooster59 said:

The Prime Minister emphasised that progress must be made in the coming days to bridge the significant gaps, notably in the areas of fisheries and the level playing field, through the process of intensive talks between Chief Negotiators."

Not really worth exploring more of those avenues Boris. The No Deal route is opening even wider for us, thanks to the French. French fisherman logic takes some understanding: If you don't surrender access to your waters, we will force a No Deal Brexit, in which case we will not get access to your waters.............er?

image.png.7c152c925b1bbc49bff59f1dd1be208b.png

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1346659/Brexit-news-UK-EU-fishing-trade-deal-latest-France-Emmanuel-Macron-EU-Parliament-update

• Like 2

8 hours ago, transam said:

Nice to see you back.....  :thumbsup:

I don't think you understand, yes I use emijons in topics, but, I am usually actively posting in those topics, Brexit for instance..... A bit different to a few emijon stalkers that do the same to a few others. 

Except the person you accused does actively and regularly post in such topics.

So, which are you; the pot or the kettle?

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Not really worth exploring more of those avenues Boris. The No Deal route is opening even wider for us, thanks to the French. French fisherman logic takes some understanding: If you don't surrender access to your waters, we will force a No Deal Brexit, in which case we will not get access to your waters.............er?

image.png.7c152c925b1bbc49bff59f1dd1be208b.png

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1346659/Brexit-news-UK-EU-fishing-trade-deal-latest-France-Emmanuel-Macron-EU-Parliament-update

Yeah and they have a veto.

Still think you hold all the cards?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, transam said:
5 hours ago, Mavideol said:

they are not interested in reading the all text as it will not favor their poor comments, the truth hurts them

Really, clearly a wild assumption..

But a valid one, considering the number of times some Brexiteers, not you, triumphantly copy and paste the headline when they obviously haven't read the actual article.

A reminder that headlines are written by sub-editors, not the author of the article, and are designed to sell newspapers or generate clicks. Therefore they are often full of hyperbole bearing little relevance to the actual article.

To show that this happens across the board, The readers' editor on… a misleading headline on a sensitive story

Headlines and subheadings are there to attract and lead a reader into a story, but they should never mislead about what is in the text. The Guardian broke that rule in an acutely sensitive area of reporting about the investigation into the death of Mark Duggan

Moral; posters should never rely on the headline; always read the text before posting. That way they'll know whether or not the article says what they claim it does!

• Like 2