UK will explore every avenue for EU deal, PM Johnson tells France's Macron

rooster59

18 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Because of trade tariffs with your biggest market.

Please try and keep up.

Remainers try to tell us that tariffs will mean the UK will be forced to consume all the same products at higher prices. Not true but hey ho. 

Do you think that EU fish eaters will simply all stop eating fish?

Please try and wise up. 

5 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

So are you saying that UK importers, wholesalers and retailers will absorb the increases caused by the tariffs? That they'll not pass those increases onto consumers?

Are you really that naïve?

Or do you believe the British people will stop eating imported fruit and vegetables, going back several centuries and only eating produce grown in the UK and only then when it's in season.

Are you really trying that twisting words trick again? It's not what I said is it?

Remainers forecast that we will pay more. We may easily buy less EU produce, or cheaper imports. I believe the British people will make the choice, without having the EU make the decisions for us.

Now, compare that back to the points regarding fish supplies.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Are you really trying that twisting words trick again? It's not what I said is it?

Grammar is obviously not one of your strong points, as you have shown yet again that you do not know what a question mark is!

12 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Remainers forecast that we will pay more. We may easily buy less EU produce, or cheaper imports. I believe the British people will make the choice, without having the EU make the decisions for us.

You do realise that WTO rules mean the same tariffs on all imports; but then, maybe you don't.

Indeed; choose between more expensive imported products, or only buy British. Which will cut down severely on choice.

The EU have never decided for me what food, or any other product, I buy. But when we were a member, I was able to buy EU products cheaper and in the case of food with the certainty that it met a certain hygiene standard! 

Wont have that under WTO rules, where even the country of origin wont necessarily have to be on the package.

16 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Now, compare that back to the points regarding fish supplies.

No comparison. The British consumer will have to pay more for food of possible lower quality, while at the same time hundreds of British inshore fishermen will lose their livelihoods.

A sacrifice you are willing to make. But then, you wont be affected!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Grammar is obviously not one of your strong points, as you have shown yet again that you do not know what a question mark is!

You do realise that WTO rules mean the same tariffs on all imports; but then, maybe you don't.

Indeed; choose between more expensive imported products, or only buy British. Which will cut down severely on choice.

The EU have never decided for me what food, or any other product, I buy. But when we were a member, I was able to buy EU products cheaper and in the case of food with the certainty that it met a certain hygiene standard! 

Wont have that under WTO rules, where even the country of origin wont necessarily have to be on the package.

No comparison. The British consumer will have to pay more for food of possible lower quality, while at the same time hundreds of British inshore fishermen will lose their livelihoods.

A sacrifice you are willing to make. But then, you wont be affected!

If you are capable of correcting the grammar to two questions, feel free.

Same tariffs of how much? Are they lower than the EU tariffs on all Third Country produce?

We will be able to choose from the whole world.

You could not choose US chicken or beef products because the EU wouldn't let you.

There will be more jobs for British fishermen, not less.

No great sacrifices, just freedom from the EU.

48 minutes ago, Loiner said:

If you are capable of correcting the grammar to two questions, feel free

I asked you a question, as shown by the question mark, you tried to make out I made a statement!

Same tariffs of how much? Are they lower than the EU tariffs on all Third Country produce?

Don't know, yet. But if we leave on no deal and WTO rules, as you have repeatedly claim that you want, then those tariffs will be higher than any we currently pay via EU trade deals with those countries.

We will be able to choose from the whole world.

As we could before. In my kitchen I have stuff from many non EU countries. Some of which the EU has trade deals with; some they don't.

You could not choose US chicken or beef products because the EU wouldn't let you.

Only those products which don't meet minimum hygiene standards; such as chlorinated chicken and hormone injected beef. That'll change after 1/1/21; and they wont even have to say 'chlorinated' or 'hormone fed' on the label!

There will be more jobs for British fishermen, not less.

How so?

As the HoC briefing paper I linked to shows, most, if not all, UK deep sea boats already fish in UK waters; already land their catch mainly in the UK.

It is inshore fishermen who fish in EU waters and/or sell their catch to EU countries. How will they keep their current jobs, let alone increase them, if denied access to those waters; denied access to that market?

No great sacrifices, just freedom from the EU.

Easy to say; when it's not you who will be making the sacrifice. 

Edited by 7by7
typos
  • Like 2

(Just a confirmation today and a notice to fellow E.U. members of his intention.........from Macron i mean ????...not from  Boris ????)

TELEMMGLPICT000207073936_trans_NvBQzQNjv

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/10/12/france-vows-show-no-weakness-brexit-fishing-fight/

France vows to show 'no weakness' in Brexit fishing fight

Paris warns Britain and EU allies that it will not allow its fishermen to be sacrificed as Thursday's trade deal deadline looms

By James Crisp, Brussels Correspondent 12 October 2020 • 3:54pm

Emmanuel Macron will show “no weakness” during tough trade negotiations over Brexit fishing rights, his Europe Minister warned on Monday. 
Edited by david555
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, 7by7 said:

So what, exactly, did you vote for?

The Brexit promised by Cummings and his Vote.Leave campaign?

Remember, the one he promised whereby the EU would roll over, give us everything we wanted and let us keep all the benefits of membership without any of the responsibilities!

Or the dire effects of a no deal Brexit which Cummings et al dismissed at the time as 'Project Fear?'

I suggest you read my previous posts as to why I voted to leave instead of going off on a tangent.... As usual....????

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/10/13/barniers-fault-no-deal-brexit-deadline-missed-claim-uk-sources/

Angela Merkel warns EU to get ready for no deal ahead of Boris Johnson's Brexit deadline

Prime Minister tells Cabinet that no deal should hold "no fear" for Britain, if a free trade agreement can't be struck on the right terms.

By James Crisp, Brussels Correspondent 13 October 2020 • 2:01pm

Angela Merkel warned the EU must get ready for UK trade negotiations to fail as Boris Johnson told ministers the UK should have "no fear" over a no deal Brexit if his October 15 deadline is missed on Thursday. ...

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, transam said:

I suggest you read my previous posts as to why I voted to leave instead of going off on a tangent.... As usual....????

I not sure how asking you what you voted for in response to your saying "I got what I voted for" is "going off on a tangent!"

As I must have missed your posts where you actually said why you voted leave, perhaps you could point me towards one of them, or if not then repeat those reasons here?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, david555 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/13/brexit-michel-barnier-mocks-boris-johnson-third-deadline-on-talks

Brexit: Barnier mocks Johnson's 'third deadline' on talks
Chief negotiator says little prospect yet of EU and UK entering ‘tunnel’ negotiations

Daniel Boffey in Brussels
Tue 13 Oct 2020 15.35 BST

Michel Barnier has mocked Boris Johnson for issuing a “third unilateral deadline” during a meeting with EU ministers, warning that the Brexit talks remain difficult with little prospect yet of the two sides entering a decisive “tunnel” negotiation.

With 48 hours remaining before an EU leaders’ summit in Brussels, by which time the British prime minister has demanded a breakthrough moment, the bloc’s chief negotiator suggested a deal was “very difficult but still possible”, according to diplomatic sources.

He noted that Johnson had twice previously suggested that the UK needed the certainty of a deal by a specific date, only to later backtrack. “It is the third unilateral deadline that Johnson has imposed without agreement,” Barnier was said to have remarked. “We still have time.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/13/brexit-michel-barnier-mocks-boris-johnson-third-deadline-on-talks

Chief negotiator says little prospect yet of EU and UK entering ‘tunnel’ negotiations

Michel Barnier has mocked Boris Johnson for issuing a “third unilateral deadline” during a meeting with EU ministers, warning that the Brexit talks remain difficult with little prospect yet of the two sides entering a decisive “tunnel” negotiation.

With 48 hours remaining before an EU leaders’ summit in Brussels, by which time the British prime minister has demanded a breakthrough moment, the bloc’s chief negotiator suggested a deal was “very difficult but still possible”, according to diplomatic sources.

He noted that Johnson had twice previously suggested that the UK needed the certainty of a deal by a specific date, only to later backtrack. “It is the third unilateral deadline that Johnson has imposed without agreement,” Barnier was said to have remarked. “We still have time.”

agree with Barnier's We still have time,

still plenty of time left IF the parties want to clinch a deal

there are solid bunches of clever people in both Brussels and London that know all the crossed t's and all the dotted i's

on all the draft material by heart

the writing up can easily be expedited if the parties agree

the approval process by both UK and EU can also be epedited if need be

• Like 1

if this should end up with noe deal I will be interested in seeing how Macron's

"cannot accept no froggy boats in UK waters" will materialise

any substance in his "cannot accept"?

50 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

if this should end up with noe deal I will be interested in seeing how Macron's

"cannot accept no froggy boats in UK waters" will materialise

any substance in his "cannot accept"?

The "cannot accept" is to see as his veto vote on any offered deal with no fishing as now in it i guess  

Edited by david555

The "cannot accept" is to see as his veto vote on any offered deal with no fishing as now in it i guess  

hmm, croaking up trees now when the leaves are falling off,

care should be exercised, even presidents might slip on wet leaves

have fun in the finals guys

• Like 1

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

hmm, croaking up trees now when the leaves are falling off,

care should be exercised, even presidents might slip on wet leaves

have fun in the finals guys

Same counts for a  80 seat's majority PM i guess ...

Slippery roads ...

3 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

agree with Barnier's We still have time,

still plenty of time left IF the parties want to clinch a deal

there are solid bunches of clever people in both Brussels and London that know all the crossed t's and all the dotted i's

on all the draft material by heart

the writing up can easily be expedited if the parties agree

Not whith 27 Parlaiments who need  each vote on it to agree .....E.U. can not bend parlaiments  rules at wish as a prerogating " would be "dictator did ...

Thursday ...:white rabbit out of the British hat day ", or "the E.U. Ace out the sleeve day "....what is it go to be ?...

????  ????

Edited by david555

9 hours ago, david555 said:

Not whith 27 Parlaiments who need  each vote on it to agree .....E.U. can not bend parlaiments  rules at wish as a prerogating " would be "dictator did ...

Thursday ...:white rabbit out of the British hat day ", or "the E.U. Ace out the sleeve day "....what is it go to be ?...

????  ????

not sure I agree with that view

this is about giving thumbs up for a POT text, piece of treaty text between EU and UK,

when it comes to int. law there are always ways and means if the will is there,

int. law is soft as double cr@p - means for bending are endless if the will is there

if an agreed deal is hacked between UK and EU's Heads of State body,

many parliaments in EU member states will never see the text on their agenda for approval,

it will be sorted by the Cabinet in a bunch of countries

Have a Belhaven, its Wednersday (no drinks on days without an r its name)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

not sure I agree with that view

this is about giving thumbs up for a POT text, piece of treaty text between EU and UK,

when it comes to int. law there are always ways and means if the will is there,

int. law is soft as double cr@p - means for bending are endless if the will is there

if an agreed deal is hacked between UK and EU's Heads of State body,

many parliaments in EU member states will never see the text on their agenda for approval,

it will be sorted by the Cabinet in a bunch of countries

Have a Belhaven, its Wednersday (no drinks on days without an r its name)

"many parliaments in EU member states will never see the text on their agenda for approval,

it will be sorted by the Cabinet in a bunch of countries"

You maybe not know but the small Walloon  parliament in Belgium kept the Canada deal a long way off …., Europe politics is quit different than the polarized system from U.K. & USA they have a say and an informing powers , they have to compromise all the times 

No need to be agreed ….it is so already 4 years , why would they change now ….? As compare it with  a patient in hospital , doctor say the one  leg must cut off or you die....., patient like both his legs …., but like to live …, so cutting it shall be ….

The patient is like E.U. , knowing they shall loose some , but not the whole E.U. body ……by giving in on U.K. wishes  

Your U.K. vote  your Brexit your decision ….. now up to you to go your way  and do the Boris miracle promise ...

10 minutes ago, david555 said:

"many parliaments in EU member states will never see the text on their agenda for approval,

You maybe not know but the small Walloon  parliament in Belgium kept the Canada deal a long way off …., Europe politics is quit different than the polarized system from U.K. & USA they have a say and an informing powers , they have to compromise all the times 

No need to be agreed ….it is so already 4 years , why would they change now ….? As compare it with  a patient in hospital , doctor say the one  leg must cut off or you die....., patient like both his legs …., but like to live …, so cutting it shall be ….

The patient is like E.U. , knowing they shall loose some , but not the whole E.U. body ……by giving in on U.K. wishes  

Your U.K. vote  your Brexit your decision ….. now up to you to go your way  and do the Boris miracle promise ...

The EU might change now because their bullying has failed, there is discord between the main powers and the hour hath finally cometh.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The EU might change now because their bullying has failed, there is discord between the main powers and the hour hath finally cometh.

Keep hoping keep hoping you do it already so long time ..for the E.U. "going flat belly as they always do "..was  the mantra song so long and nothing happened....????

So why changing ????...love to see Boris walking away ....please i hope the press would be there ....might it be in realtime to see ?...Would love it .????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, david555 said:

my vote and my call? not so sure of that, am comfortable with leaving the final heat to BJ and his pommies

yes I know about the Walloon parliament, and I also know about some of the parliametarian rights of  your German

speaking minority

Belgium, one of the oddest countries in Europe, even the moule eating croakers had to give in at the end.

Sure, can be done again, holding up, but nee way your croakers will succeed in ditching a deal if ever reached,

croakers can be stubborn and prinicipal and moules doesn't give that much strength . . .

me thinks

no need to be agreed?

if a so called deal is to surface of course it must be agreed

have a go at Gewurztraminer with your next moule aioli, pretty tasty on a Wednersday