Phuket Thai-Canadian model crowned Miss Universe Thailand

rooster59

Phuket Thai-Canadian model crowned Miss Universe Thailand

By The Phuket News

1602356726_1.jpg

Amanda Obdam, a 27-year-old Thai-Canadian model from Phuket, has been crowned Miss Universe Thailand 2020. Photo: Miss Universe Thailand

PHUKET: Chalisa Amanda Obdam, a 27-year-old Thai-Canadian model from Phuket, has been crowned Miss Universe Thailand 2020. She will represent Thailand at the 69th Miss Universe 2020

The judges’ decision was announced at the final round of the Miss Universe Thailand pageant, held at the True Icon Hall (ICONSIAM) in Bangkok last night (Oct 10).

This year, the pageant was held  under the theme ‘Real you, Real Universe, and Empowering Beauty’. 

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-thai-canadian-model-crowned-miss-universe-thailand-77607.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-10-11

2 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

You are both wrong. She's had no surgery and doesn't have fake boobs. The show wasn't rigged. If it was she wouldn't have won it as she is new to the 'scene'.

How do I know all this? She's the girlfriend of one of my best mates. And she's a lovely girl both inside and out.

You sound a bit aggitated johnnybangkok , you say they are both wrong but 1 of them says that the girls that win are almost all half thai half farang and this girl is half thai half canadian so what accactly is wrong in that assumption . And she's the girlfriend of one of your best mates , so how accactly do you know she's a lovely girl on the inside ? ???????? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, car720 said:

They both look tougher than the guy holding the flowers.

Interestingly, he appears to be a farang. Wonder how he got a work permit that covers being a flunkey and gofer. He never cracked his face all night, not one smile whilst on camera.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, petermik said:

You old smoothie you.....:clap2:

p.s. what "enticement" did the missus offer for you to write the above :unsure:

Sadly no enticements were offered though she did mention that her perennial headache was getting a little easier.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DaLa said:

I’m only looking so a ‘Miss Real Thailand’ doesn’t concern me, although I do take your point. Also, I doubt I will be invited by any of them to check, and finally if I did get invited to check, I’d have to have it authorized by the wife and I’d prefer not to have to do that. Health and safety reasons.

I explained to Da that my past Thai GF was very jealous (her own issue, I gave her no reason to question my loyalty). Da's response was that she is not at all jealous ... just wants to go with me ... ha!

12 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

You are both wrong. She's had no surgery and doesn't have fake boobs. The show wasn't rigged. If it was she wouldn't have won it as she is new to the 'scene'.

How do I know all this? She's the girlfriend of one of my best mates. And she's a lovely girl both inside and out.

Even best mates lie sometimes or don't know all the ins and outs.

9 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Interestingly, he appears to be a farang. Wonder how he got a work permit that covers being a flunkey and gofer. He never cracked his face all night, not one smile whilst on camera.

He may also be half Thai plus if you have been to Changwatena Immigration there is a poster on one of the walls that state how to get a entertainment visa to model/act in Thailand for farangs.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, car720 said:

show me that anywhere in the world.

Oh come on , are you saying that every beautiful woman in the world needs artificial enhancements ? No natural beauties? Photo below is my wife at 44 she is 46 now. Only thing done was slight  tweak to nose and she has natural D chest. Other girl is my cousin Shannah currently Miss Vermont USA---no surgeries.

1527056784481_resized_20180523_013138421.jpg

WHPONN0BDFShannah-3.jpg

Edited by Tony125
  • Like 1

I agree with some of the posters comments here. Quite hypocritical that they can openly accept a gal mixed with Thai and foreigner blood and suck it all in if she wins as being 100% Thai, but they never accept us who are the fathers to be welcomed and have PR status or citizenship. Well, only maybe after she is famous I suppose. Just hypocritical BS. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Oh come on , are you saying that every beautiful woman in the world needs artificial enhancements ? No natural beauties? Photo below is my wife at 44 she is 46 now. Only thing done was slight  tweak to nose and she has natural D chest. Other girl is my cousin Shannah currently Miss Vermont USA---no surgeries.

1527056784481_resized_20180523_013138421.jpg

WHPONN0BDFShannah-3.jpg

Wait till she reaches 60.

31 minutes ago, car720 said:

I think most males here forget that makeup is a chemical alteration.

You come across as an extremely bitter and twisted individual, casting aspersions on other people's wives and friends. As with others above I know Amanda and her family very well (and have done for nearly 30 years) and your comments serve no purpose whatsoever. 

If you haven't got anything nice to say ................................

• Like 1