Time for a Chiang Mai overhaul?

On 10/16/2020 at 11:50 PM, dingdongrb said:

You clearly said more water would be needed and it would be a problem:

"water would be a problem if industry was expanded."

"I wasn't referring to the industry per se using more water, but to the new people that staffed the new factories needing water."

I replied stating that there would be no problem with water to build new high tech mfg sites, but you continue to seem to disagree with that.

Why would there be a need for more people to move here to staff them, why couldn't some of those that lost their tourism job be trained to operate a soldering iron or a torque driver to build something, it's been done before.

Next? (Try to be a little more original in your next reply....  🙂 )

I'm not sure if you are having a little joke with me, but just in case you really can't connect the dots-

ONE new factories require many more people

TWO people need water to live

THREE more people need more water

NOTHING TO DO WITH MANUFACTURING

:jap:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the key drivers is rent or lease costs. Until these are reduced dramatically then your average Thai business will not be able to afford to be located in buildings formerly used for tourism rela

The sad news today was that billions of Baht have been lost due to poor tourism numbers. The horrific news for the past several months has been tourist venues (i.e. restaurants, guest houses, hot

@FolkGuitar You forget that a lot of people in Chiang Mai aren't residents, they came from neighboring provinces and some even come as far as Isaan.   That's because CM is a gold-mine w

• Rimmer locked this topic