Chiang Mai woman faces probe for alleged murders in suspected insurance scam

webfact

Chiang Mai woman faces probe for alleged murders in suspected insurance scam

By The Nation

800_64cfeb4c4f67919.jpg?v=1602408138

A Chiang Mai woman was arrested on Saturday for allegedly hiring a hitman to murder her ex-husband and for alleged involvements in a few other deaths to appropriate their insurance compensation.

On October 5, Anan Thongmarn, 58, was slashed on the face and neck and killed. The investigation led to Pankaew KhanKaew, 48, an alleged hitman, and Bualoi Tala, 63, the victim's ex-wife.

Pankaew reportedly confessed that he had committed the murder and his phone records revealed that Bualoi had hired him, as she had personal conflicts with her ex-husband. She allegedly wanted to claim his life insurance worth hundreds of thousands of baht.

She denied ordered the killing, saying she only wanted him to be maimed and claimed the Bt40,000 she allegedly offered for the murder was only a joke.

Bualoi previously had reportedly received, after naming herself as nominee, insurance benefits from some other deaths. The victims reportedly were poisoned. Police are investigating six possible cases.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30396016

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-10-12

• Sad 7

5 hours ago, webfact said:

She denied ordered the killing, saying she only wanted him to be maimed and claimed the Bt40,000 she allegedly offered for the murder was only a joke.

The oldest saying in the world " many a true word spoken in jest" .....

have a blast in jail.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

So this lady has had a number of Insurance payouts from a number of deaths and only now do they link her.  

Maybe a good time to start checking the payees against a national payout database of some sort. 

55555 national database 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Bualoi previously had reportedly received, after naming herself as nominee, insurance benefits from some other deaths. The victims reportedly were poisoned. Police are investigating six possible cases.

Unbelievable.  I was always under the impression that these insurance companies would refuse payout if there was even a hint of malfeasance.  But they seem to pay without much fuss.  Sure does provide an incentive for this woman--and others--to murder for money.  No freakin way I would buy life insurance for myself. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Pankaew reportedly confessed that he had committed the murder and his phone records revealed that Bualoi had hired him, as she had personal conflicts with her ex-husband. She allegedly wanted to claim his life insurance worth hundreds of thousands of baht.

What a sweet woman! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

This is not the typical standard insurance the news leads you to believe. It is a contribution fund set up in the village or bahn area between the local people. 

The village funeral fund.  Generally used to give the departed a rip-roaring send off.  Thai villagers easily drop 100K to 200K on their own funeral which is staked by your family contributing ฿200 every time someone in the village dies.  But interesting though.  I can't buy into my village's fund.  Wonder how she managed to set it up for her 58 year old husband?  By the way, the village would be p*ssed if the money wasn't used properly and given the circumstance would raise suspicions. Wife's husband is murdered and the wife pockets the money?  It wouldn't pass the sniff-test.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Some make a living by working hard , or by running a business .

Seems she was running her little business as well ... she made some profit and now she will need to pay the price for that .

6 possible murders , that would make her a ' serial killer ' . It will be difficult to prove that it was her herself who poisoned the victims ,  but , may be , she will confess ... RTP is quite good in making somebody confess the crimes they committed ...

They only confess because the term is cut by 50%

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, connda said:

The village funeral fund.  Generally used to give the departed a rip-roaring send off.  Thai villagers easily drop 100K to 200K on their own funeral which is staked by your family contributing ฿200 every time someone in the village dies.  But interesting though.  I can't buy into my village's fund.  Wonder how she managed to set it up for her 58 year old husband?  By the way, the village would be p*ssed if the money wasn't used properly and given the circumstance would raise suspicions. Wife's husband is murdered and the wife pockets the money?  It wouldn't pass the sniff-test.

I know of one who just collected from being a Mia Noy but it had to be kept quiet. Maybe some payoff as where there is a will there is a way. This fund is part of that funeral expense idea but these proceeds actually went to the one still living and as far as I understand. Could have been double dipping in 2 different home areas.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Some make a living by working hard , or by running a business .

Seems she was running her little business as well ... she made some profit and now she will need to pay the price for that .

6 possible murders , that would make her a ' serial killer ' . It will be difficult to prove that it was her herself who poisoned the victims ,  but , may be , she will confess ... RTP is quite good in making somebody confess the crimes they committed ...

.....Or didn't!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

So this lady has had a number of Insurance payouts from a number of deaths and only now do they link her.  

Maybe a good time to start checking the payees against a national payout database of some sort. 

Database.  ????

Searching several warehouses full of paper more like.

• Haha 1

Wecome to thailand.I try to warn people ,Not to marry a thai.There is someone in the family,that will want to get at your money.How many have died,and the police have been paid off.Im surprised this has been reported.Must have been thai,s killed.Yes,We will have those that are married and claim to be very happy and there not all this way.And how many of these people are not here anymore.?.

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Me and my pension come as a pair.

If I'm dead, you won't get a share.

Very true in Thailand where a life can be bought for  5,000-40,000 baht.  How many go free.   But if married the state will continue to pay your young bride and payout more.