74 Thais in Mae Sot quarantined after contact with infected Myanmar truckers

webfact

74 Thais in Mae Sot quarantined after contact with infected Myanmar truckers

8FD83DC5-A9E7-4975-827F-1471F88740D0.jpe

[File Image]

So far, seventy-four people in Mae Sot district of Thailand’s northwestern province of Tak have been identified as having had close contact with two truckers from Myanmar, who were found to be infected with COVID-19, according to a border doctor,who declined to be identified.

In her Facebook post yesterday, the female doctor said that all 74 Thais had been given PCR tests and told to enter home quarantine for at least 14 days. They are being monitored around the clock by health volunteers.

She disclosed that the two infected truck drivers crossed the Thai-Myanmar border via the Friendship Bridge checkpoint and spent about six hours in Mae Sot Township, during which they stopped at the Ali and Sing Rungruang warehouses to unload cargo. They also bought something to eat in front of one of the warehouses.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/74-thais-in-mae-sot-quarantined-after-contact-with-infected-myanmar-truckers/

thaipbs.jpg

4 hours ago, webfact said:

She disclosed that the two infected truck drivers crossed the Thai-Myanmar border via the Friendship Bridge checkpoint and spent about six hours in Mae Sot Township, during which they stopped at the Ali and Sing Rungruang warehouses to unload cargo. They also bought something to eat in front of one of the warehouses.

Why do they not at least check their temperature when arriving at the Thai border ?

Everytime I go the local supermarket , I get my temperature checked ...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Why do they not at least check their temperature when arriving at the Thai border ?

Everytime I go the local supermarket , I get my temperature checked ...

That's more than at my local supermarkets or talat, if that happened here they'd have no chance in testing everyone who had been in contact, as they wouldn't have a clue who had been there.

4 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

... truck drivers crossed the Thai-Myanmar border via the Friendship Bridge checkpoint and spent about six hours in Mae Sot Township, during which they stopped at the Ali and Sing Rungruang warehouses to unload cargo.

Sorry, I don't get it.  Why are these guys allowed into Thailand without a 14 day quarantine? How many hours is someone allowed to spend in Thailand without going thru the standard procedures for foreigners arriving? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, carlf said:

Sorry, I don't get it.  Why are these guys allowed into Thailand without a 14 day quarantine? How many hours is someone allowed to spend in Thailand without going thru the standard procedures for foreigners arriving? 

They are truck drivers. Falls under the same rule as cargo flights. No 14 day quarantine required.

6) Carriers of necessary goods, subject to immediate return after completion.