The death of the Full Moon Party

webfact

19 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

Thailand needs to decide who they are. 

I believe that they have decided that they are Puritans and that the New Normal tourist should be wealthy, well-heeled, and only indulge in their purulent nature within the confines of upper-crust abodes hidden from the prying eyes of the world.  That will account for perhaps 2 or 3% of the previous tourist arrivals pre-Covid.  A few five star hotels, boutiques, and Michelin-class restaurants, and gated resorts will benefit while the rest of the country will be thrown under the bus as the valve is turned off to the average class of world-travellers.  You could call this the new Green Sustainable Tourism for a brave new world.
The wealthy can travel and be indulgent; the rest of the world's population needs to stay home and limit their carbon emissions.  Perhaps the Army-based leadership are simply meeting their UN Agenda 2030 Sustainable Cities goals by offsetting the yearly out-of-control agricultural burning, vehicle emissions, and forest arson by decimating the tourist industry and shutting out the average, dirty, CO2 emitting, bio-bots formally known as their cash-cow tourists. 
In this wacko, New Normal, Clown-world?  Why not?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, connda said:

In the meanwhile back in the Army barracks the troops get ready for some R&R and a perfectly legal alcohol fuelled drunk-fest where they'll be at least two boys from the troops with typical low self-esteem who will end up starting a free-for-all when the booze drops all the normal Thai inhibitions and one party becomes offended and loses face.  All the while the upper-crust uniforms sip Johnny Walker Black and discuss their wealth, their bling, their mia nois, and how to further destroy tourism in Thailand.

"I've got an idea!  Ban Full Moon Parties once the vaccines come out and we have no excuse to keep the borders closed to the riff-raff, hoi-polloi, foreign middle-class, and back-packers."

"I've got an idea!  Ban Full Moon Parties once the vaccines come out and we have no excuse to keep the borders closed to the riff-raff, hoi-polloi, foreign middle-class, and back-packers."

And keep the borders closed to the foreigner hoity toity who think this way.

Edited by userabcd

1 hour ago, 2 is 1 said:

If you not live when you are young, when you start living!? What you going to remember when you are old farth.

I had many nice party's even in Europe like Ibiza, Cypros.. etc. and i remenber those nice way! When you are young , you are little wild and reckless but so what if you are not stupid! 

And casual sex is GREAT! Sex on the beach not so great drink but great "act"!

34 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sure it is. Don't know about unwanted pregnancy, HIV/AIDS, gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia, genital warts or crabs though.

Your tour-guide in Thailand: Khun Durex - Don't leave home without him.

1.png.30dd3d525c3f8517b715315df55d3f39.png

33 minutes ago, connda said:

I believe that they have decided that they are Puritans and that the New Normal tourist should be wealthy, well-heeled, and only indulge in their purulent nature within the confines of upper-crust abodes hidden from the prying eyes of the world.  That will account for perhaps 2 or 3% of the previous tourist arrivals pre-Covid.  A few five star hotels, boutiques, and Michelin-class restaurants, and gated resorts will benefit while the rest of the country will be thrown under the bus as the valve is turned off to the average class of world-travellers.  You could call this the new Green Sustainable Tourism for a brave new world.
The wealthy can travel and be indulgent; the rest of the world's population needs to stay home and limit their carbon emissions.  Perhaps the Army-based leadership are simply meeting their UN Agenda 2030 Sustainable Cities goals by offsetting the yearly out-of-control agricultural burning, vehicle emissions, and forest arson by decimating the tourist industry and shutting out the average, dirty, CO2 emitting, bio-bots formally known as their cash-cow tourists. 
In this wacko, New Normal, Clown-world?  Why not?

You write a pretty good description of the world as it was in Victorian times, when the rich did the grand tour, and the peasants tried to keep from starving.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You write a pretty good description of the world as it was in Victorian times, when the rich did the grand tour, and the peasants tried to keep from starving.

And in my humble opinion the future path of humanity may look very similar in the name of carbon reduction and "saving the planet."  The plebs must stay home and the wealthy can continue to travel by buying "carbon credits" to offset the emissions spewed out by their private jets.

History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme.  (Mark Twain quote I believe).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Drugged up and drunk people don't always remember Johnny when they need him.

So what? Their body, their life, their choice. 

Let them learn the same way you and others did .......or didn’t. 

Edited by Kadilo

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I never managed to catch those, and I certainly tried my best.

Most of your list are trivial anyways.

Almost everyone has Chlamydia, HPV and Herpes, symptoms rarely appear.

yeah that Chlamydia gets me sometimes... it gives me heartburn.  :burp:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  :thumbsup:
Back in the day a penicillin shot was generally the price paid for a rousing, alcohol-fuelled romp south of the border with Chiquita and her buxom friends in TJ. 
However, after the 1980s and some rather novel adventures in Subic City and Barrio Barretto, Mr. Latex was my travelling companion.  The referee between rationality and the baser nature of man that alcohol seems to pry the lid off of.  :wink:

This sounds like a better party?All good clean fun?Looks like the experience of a lifetime to me.People said at the time "If you remember being there you did not enjoy it!"

I wish i could have been there.

Let the kids enjoy themselves,if you don't like it ,don't go or look the other way.

2 minutes ago, jvs said:

This sounds like a better party?All good clean fun?Looks like the experience of a lifetime to me.People said at the time "If you remember being there you did not enjoy it!"

I wish i could have been there.

Let the kids enjoy themselves,if you don't like it ,don't go or look the other way.

Yeah they had a drug and alcohol ban and passed the condoms round in case anyone got a dose ????

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, jvs said:

I am quit convinced Britmantoo is still doing the horizontal bob.

If you keep your cardiovascular system in shape you shouldn't have any problems with the lower pneumatics.  The only thing that should change as you age is perhaps frequency as other things in life begin to take precedence over engaging in the horizontal mambo.  Like conversation as the mind is the biggest sex organ in the body.

18 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Yeah they had a drug and alcohol ban and passed the condoms round in case anyone got a dose ????

Now it's called Burning Man and even the billionaires attend.

• Like 1

A post with a screenshot of content that was copy and pasted from some other site has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

All the nonsense about illegal drug parties. All drugs should be made legal. The fact that they are not, is no reason not to use them, if you make that personal choice. I used alot of drugs when I was young. No regrets. My all time favorite was LSD. No other drug came even close. 

I agree. All drugs should be legal, but heavy penalties for injuring/ killing someone while under the influence. IMO killing someone while driving drunk should be murder. Also no taxpayer treatment when it goes wrong.

Never tried LSD myself, but IMO it ruined the Beatles. I hated everything they made after they started using it.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

And now that Thailand is too timid to re-open to tourism, the nation will soon be forgotten, by not only the youth, but likely the rest of the tourists too. I predict less than 5 million tourists, five years from now, after Covid is long gone. 

Thailand as a prime destination was on the way out long before corona finished it off, IMO. Had I discovered it 10 years ago I doubt I'd have returned after the first time.

I loved it because of what it had been, not what it became.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Because women never got unwanted pregnancies when you were in your youth? Or young people never took drugs or did stupid illegal things? 

Why is it as people’s get older, they get angrier about young people because they forget what is was like when they were young.

They turn into some kind of controlling perfect human being that everyone should aspire when in fact they they are far from it. 

Of course women had unwanted pregnancies when I was a youth, but the father usually married them. There was no abortion on demand ( I think they had to go to Australia, but perhaps that was a different country altogether- I'm old and I forget stuff ), or welfare for unmarried mothers. I suppose most got adopted if the father was unknown or already married.

It certainly ruined the mother's life and the child was a <deleted> when that meant something, which was not a good start in life.

Before contraception pills nice girls said no. I only knew nice girls.

No, most young people did not take illegal drugs, and criminal activities were done by bad people.

The world I lived in then was better than now, that's for sure.

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Almost everyone has Chlamydia, HPV and Herpes, symptoms rarely appear.

Would point out condoms will only protect you from HIV, they give no protection from the rest. 

me too ! and I keep trying ! even high or drunk, nothing never happens !!!

• Like 1