The death of the Full Moon Party

webfact

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thailand as a prime destination was on the way out long before corona finished it off,

The numbers in my business do not support that. Numbers were growing substantialy during 2019.

January to May 2019 - 303 check ins into the villas in five months.

January to March 2020 - 302 check ins into the villas in three months.

The difference was Asians. Many more Asians started coming to Samui but they do not go to pubs and clubs. Hence the downturn on the nightlife and western restaurants.

Edited by Tropicalevo

2 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

The numbers in my business do not support that. Numbers were growing substantialy during 2019.

January to May 2019 - 303 check ins into the villas in five months.

January to March 2020 - 302 check ins into the villas in three months.

The difference was Asians. Many more Asians started coming coming to Samui but they do not go to pubs and clubs. Hence the downturn on the nightlife and western restaurants.

I keep forgetting to qualify all my such posts with "WESTERN". Pattaya was chocka with Chinese and the bars were empty before I departed LOS.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

I love all the responses from horrified gentlemen declaiming the deaths and drugs.  These same gentlemen who are all so willing to frequent the naughty nightlife areas and imbibe copious amounts of alcohol.  Cat calling the kettle.

Nope. I don't go to bars etc, & these so called parties should be curtailed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Just six months ago there would have been thousands of revellers here, drawn from all over the globe to one of the world’s most famous parties. 

That's from one perspective, others might say it was just a huge pi**-p 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

He may be old and grumpy but in the plus column he doesn't have gonorrhea.

Trivial disease fixed for 100bht with a week's worth of anti-biotics.

I usually manage to take antibiotics 2-3x a year for infected cuts/bites.

If I'd caught gonorrhea, it would probably have been gone before I noticed I had it.

Most western people's fear of STDs is worse than the STD itself.

(a bit like COVID)

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If I'd caught gonorrhea, it would probably have been gone before I noticed I had it.

(a bit like COVID)

I was hoping you did catch something in your life other than a bangkok taxi

5 minutes ago, Genix said:

Buddy... 75% of your complaints are basically what many older farangs come to Thailand for too,  regardless of age lol

Including him a few years back I’m sure. Or maybe it was the temple tours which brought them all here. 

The hypocrisy is still there even if the memory isn’t.  

Edited by Kadilo

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

(a bit like COVID)

Ha, ha, until you'll get HIV?

Com'on.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That thousands of youths would fly to Thailand just to dance on a beach, drink dangerous amounts of alcohol from buckets, consume illegal and potentially dangerous drugs, have casual sex, defecate in the sea and leave vast amounts of garbage behind 

Ach, I missed it. Too old for that now, but sounds like a party.

13 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

I love all the responses from horrified gentlemen declaiming the deaths and drugs.  These same gentlemen who are all so willing to frequent the naughty nightlife areas and imbibe copious amounts of alcohol.  Cat calling the kettle.

It's not necessary to drink alcohol in girlie bars and how many die of sex compared to illegal drugs?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Including him a few years back I’m sure. Or maybe it was the temple tours which brought them all here. 

The hypocrisy is still there even if the memory isn’t.  

Thou doth protest too much.

I always knew who the women I had sex with were.

The temples are pretty cool too.

• Like 1

The full moon party will be back in full force once Thailand opens up again because money is king here.It will be the greed factor rearing its ugly head again because undoubtedly the powers to be on the island were raking in huge amounts of money during the full moon parties and will never give up this lucrative cash cow. Who cares about the environmental impact and all the pollution, its all about greed and money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thou doth protest too much.

I always knew who the women I had sex with were.

The temples are pretty cool too.

It’s you who is the one protesting, 

I am quite happy for the young people to enjoy what I had the opportunity to enjoy. without interference from the “when I was a lad.......” brigade. 

So what? So you knew who they were. Some people would rather have spontaneous sex with a stranger they just met on a beach. It’s called excitement and living. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

So what? So you knew who they were. Some people would rather have spontaneous sex with a stranger they just met on a beach. It’s called excitement and living. 

And if they were western women it was also called not paying child support, or facing false rape allergations.

No condoms, no names and no responsibility ....... I was always John from London.

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, Jimbo2014 said:

How many die from so called 'illegal' drugs like MDMA - far fewer than from alcohol. 

A meaningless statistic. More people drink alcohol than take drugs.

You might as well have said 'how many people die by being trampled by an elephant? Far fewer than those who take illegal drugs.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Why should they be?

The earlier comments reflect my thoughts. Also, if they are not curtailed they will, at some point, grow & become even more unruly. Look at what's happened to places like Magaluf, or Goa.

• Like 1