STV: Not a single Chinese person actually applied for a special visa - TAT supplied "list of names"

webfact

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

Where have all the tourists gone?
Long time passing
Long time ago
Thais ripped them off, every one
When will they ever learn?
When will they ever learn?

A tribute to Eddie Van Halen, nice.

Where have all the good times gone.

• Like 2

13 different Thai smiles.       Which one do you think this one is ?     I have a feeling it is number

14,   the one whose meaning can not be posted here.     

4pm.jpg

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Thaivisa notes that the CoE is only one bit of the paperwork. 

And it's the easiest to get in that it's what is issues by the embassy, along with a visa, after all the required applications, insurance policies, financial statements, marriage papers, airline tickets, hotel quarantine reservations, and test results have been submitted and approved by the embassy.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Brunolem said:

So there never was any flight cancellation, because there never were any passengers...which explains, by the way, why no refund was offered to the (virtual) visitors.

One wonder why foreigners would accept to jump through so many (expensive) hoops in order to go in holiday, especially the Chinese who don't lack places to visit within their own country.

The TAT has to understand that a door, border in this case, is either opened or closed, but it can't be both at the same time...

Yes to all of the above plus if your a tourist and looking to stay, say 90 days. There are no guarantees that you can leave Thailand perhaps because your own countries boarders have been closed or flights out have been cancelled. Even if you do get back to your own country you may have to pay for another 15 days hotel quarantine. The scales are never going to balance in favor of tourism to Thailand until a vaccine becomes available.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

The world's wretched and destitute? That is your description of tourists who have enough extra cash, to spend thousands of dollars on a vacation? 

You are taking yourself way, way too seriously today! Loosen up. Everything is going to work out for you. This was said partly tongue in cheek. It is what is known around the world as sarcasm. Sarcasm and humor are easier to comprehend, if you have a light heart. Try emulating the Thai people. Sanuk sanuk. Sabai sabai. 

Why would these cashed up tourists of yours require large cash payouts from Thailand?

Thanks for the informed personality assessment and words of advice about my personal life. I am curious as to how you judge my activities today as that was my first post of the day.

Actual humour from funny people is usually recognisable as such even for someone of my limited abilities.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

You have<deleted> your tourism industry, and people will look for alternative, more accommodating destinations !

Congratulations !  

They have only done what most every other country in Asia has done...try getting in as a tourist anywhere in the region. I agree that at some point, however, they will have to gradually open up to travelers when it is safe to do so.

• Confused 2