STV: Not a single Chinese person actually applied for a special visa - TAT supplied "list of names"

webfact

22 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Your plan is even more nonsensical than that of TAT.

You want to give free visas, and pay large sums, to the world's wretched and destitute to live in Thailand as an answer to the dearth of a viable tourist industry. The idea is to bring money in, not give it to beggars. 

The world's wretched and destitute? ???? I didn't know that Somalian pirates, Liberian lepers and Bangladeshi beggars are amongst us in the guise of tourists. 

It must be hot today under the solar topi, sahib. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Why would these cashed up tourists of yours require large cash payouts from Thailand?

Thanks for the informed personality assessment and words of advice about my personal life. I am curious as to how you judge my activities today as that was my first post of the day.

Actual humour from funny people is usually recognisable as such even for someone of my limited abilities.

Wow. I rest my case your honor. Defense has just proved my point. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

The thing is, because of their skin color, you can't tell if a Thai has a red face or not, but i'm sure that there are more than a few and some even with eggs on their faces...

They don't mind. You can't lose face if its hidden behind eggs ????????????

• Haha 2

TAT will have to encourage a few (maybe many) more temples to be built, to attract quality, high net worth tourists.   Free temple buffets and curbside tp dispensers will seal the deal for the coveted tourists they seek.  ???? 

11 minutes ago, newnative said:

Of course none signed up.  No normal tourist tourist is going to do a 14 day quarantine.  Madness to be wasting time on these ridiculous, useless schemes.  Maybe they are just pretend schemes to show pretend work being done.  Look!  Here's another very complicated scheme we have come up with!  A LOT of work for us, I tell you!  Phew!  We are really working!

I've gone as a tourist many places but none of the trips lasted 14 days.  Most of the trips were 7 to 12 days and some were only 4 or 5 days.  When my 4 sisters came to visit me here in Thailand a couple years ago from America they were here for 12 days.  I wanted them to stay longer but that was the maximum time they could be gone.  If they visited now their entire trip would be in quarantine.

However, some long stays, which are not tourists, would put up with a 14 day quarantine because they plan to be here for months, not days.  Start with getting them back right now with free 1 or 2 year visas--and, without all the ridiculous hoops to jump over.  Make it very simple and maybe you might actually get some people applying.  

... sounds logical, won't work here!

Also they will want to keep up the squeeze until all kind of longstayers - a good part of them a captive audience anyway - will have either paid up or said 'no thanks' ... 

• Like 2