STV: Not a single Chinese person actually applied for a special visa - TAT supplied "list of names"

webfact

I never expected this revelation to come to the light of Day.

But something was terribly wrong in the " Chinese Tourists " being able to gain all the relevant documents and Medical Certs Etc in  short order, and to be able to  Charter a Flight in a matter of just a couple of days from the announcement of the introduction of STV.

My thoughts were that all the " Official Stuff " had been waved for these privileged few.

Not even a class full of School Kids would attempt something like this and expect to pull it off

Amateurs.

Thailand, if you want the tourist numbers, then open your borders completely and do away with the ludicrous hoops that you've put in place. Surely you have a medical care system that can deal with infections? Maybe that is why you are not opening.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22k coe certificates, non of which are tourists. Just people who need to come back to thailand.

This "scheme" they have implemented for the stv and all the hoops one has to jump through to get into thailand is something a tourist will not want to do.

They might get a few, but this plan is going to crash and burn like most of their other idiotic ideas.

7 minutes ago, Mung said:

Thailand, if you want the tourist numbers, then open your borders completely and do away with the ludicrous hoops that you've put in place. Surely you have a medical care system that can deal with infections? Maybe that is why you are not opening.. 

I think there are dark forces at work that don't want tourists or expats in Thailand.....it is a long term move to eventually end up as another North Korea.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rumak said:

Day after day after day........  how about some other news ?   

TELL US SOMETHING WE DON'T ALREADY KNOW  !!

How about this...

Most Workers today have either one week or if they are still lucky... Maybe two. Why on Gods Green earth, The Blue Marble in the Heavens... "Would anyone want to spend their entire Vacation Quarantined? To spend their total Savings just to return home to brag... "They've seen the interior of a Thai Hotel"??

Seems like they should muster the energy to Look at all the Options posted for Visa's to visit Thailand... Then get a Good Laugh! Post a reasonable reply and send a note... To Thai Embassies Thanking them for making it available for them to boost the Yearly Income of Thailand... Thus not seeing a thing, Getting to ride on the most Expensive Bus ride ever... From Airport to Quarantine, Then Vacation over, return Home! Spending every Red Cent they brought with them, But returning home with nothing...

I... If I was Thai... would look more on how to Lower Costs to get here, make it possible for Society to reap some of these Funds instead of it going totally to the Government! (Who really is getting Rich here in this scheme?) People are long for a Bang for their Buck... Not a Load Of Buck-shot!

The Potential Visitor who has the Time... and Funds to Visit, Is not coming, will not be entranced to return... Rip me off once, I forgive you... Twice? You must be Dreaming!! You'll never get the Chance! (Hell I could just stay home and let my Ex-Wife do that deed! There are a few of us who are lucky.. Have a Good life, Family here who care about you, don't ask for funds to fix the Sick Cow.. Are happy that we have given their Daughter, Sister... a good life. Without haveing to work their fingers to the bone trying to survive...

Go Figure!

Seems Thailand is Dreaming Days Long Past... This is not the Thailand of the 60's or even 70's... Think back on why it was then. Basicly Girls left home in search of an income, to help support their Families, feed their kids as a single mother abandoned by her Boyfriend or Husband. Only to end up in places like Pattaya or Phuket... Military was intentionally sending Troops here for R&R... Once people got locked into this Lifestyle it was almost Impossible to leave... it ended with Drugs... More Children and Employer's getting Rich not the Sex Worker

People are not going to fall for some Government Employee's Dreams of this returning, The Thai have become smarter and can see lies...

Edited by davidstipek
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Brunolem said:

So there never was any flight cancellation, because there never were any passengers...which explains, by the way, why no refund was offered to the (virtual) visitors.

One wonder why foreigners would accept to jump through so many (expensive) hoops in order to go in holiday, especially the Chinese who don't lack places to visit within their own country.

The TAT has to understand that a door, border in this case, is either opened or closed, but it can't be both at the same time...

More news next week 

479858824_08562e4953_z.jpg

"the TAT appear to have overplayed their hand."

No surprise there - I'd be more likely to believe in the tooth fairy than in any propaganda that comes from that direction!  

Edited by sambum
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Brunolem said:

So there never was any flight cancellation, because there never were any passengers...which explains, by the way, why no refund was offered to the (virtual) visitors.

One wonder why foreigners would accept to jump through so many (expensive) hoops in order to go in holiday, especially the Chinese who don't lack places to visit within their own country.

The TAT has to understand that a door, border in this case, is either opened or closed, but it can't be both at the same time...

nobody knows, as there has been very little information released.  i read a week or so ago that the first chinese group was a collection of business people sponsored by CP group, that had already received permission (financed or assisted by CP?) to travel even before the STV was publicly announced.

the slots for the first trip were filled with folks with connections, i assume coming to buy property and stay a while, so the (alleged) quarantine would not be a problem.  the costs of the tests and paperwork would be minimal compared to what they would be spending on condos.  no headache with paperwork as they had CP sponsorship, and staff on hand to handle the details.

even so, getting an STV shouldn't be that much trouble for the chinesers.  the paperwork drill would be handled by whichever agency is handling the package tour.  we do that with visas in thailand, right?  and the expenses aren't that high.  fit to fly cert, much like a thai health check for your drivers license, is cheap at government hospitals, as are the covid19 tests.  covid19 coverage thru travel insurance is not expensive either.  regardless, all those costs could be folded into the cost of the package tour.

makes sense if these "tours" are disguised condo purchasing safaris.  consider the cost of a luxury ocean-view condo in pattaya is likely one quarter the cost of a tiny cement box in beijing.

11 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

So people who normally come to Thailand for a 7 day all inclusive holiday, are not interested in 14 days in quarantine and a 90 day trip?  Who knew? 

Apparently Thailand never had a Clue!

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Mung said:

Mung, they claim to be prepared to take in up to 2,000 patients if necessary when a second wave comes.  They have indicated they are prepared, but then some of there top doctors also indicate that they should keep the borders closed to foreigners. So even there own people are conflicted and can not seem to put on a unifying front.  It does make one wonder who they are consulting in there plans or with there plans.  I just read an article where they and China are to discuss the Covid 19 situation and the plans to move forward.  Why is there not a universal think tank of top scientists and doctors who have been dealing with Covid working as a group to identify and assist each country.  Whoops that was the WHO, and they are worse then the Thai Government at changing direction and flip flopping.  Unfortunately this is a global crisis spurred on by fears of the unknown and an overreaction of epic proportions. With that said, i do understand the concerns on the health of the elderly as the world does have an ageing population because of advances in medicine and treatment.  Why no one was prepared for such a hit to come is not a mystery, as it all comes down to money, and money now spent tenfold to combat the lunacy. 

• Like 1

Just the Thai Govt doing what the Thai Govt does. Not a chance of even semi normality before June 2021. Why would anybody even bother especially just for tourism, thats just finished plain and simple. I told my wife not to expect me back before mid 2021. I hope I’m

wrong but I’d wager money that I’m not.

• Like 1