Pattaya: Mayor promises "New Look Koh Lan" - world class resort

webfact

I've been coming here since 2004 & living here since 2011, never ever set foot on it and don't really want to mainly due to the bad publicity on here & in other publications.

I have zero faith in this current administration to do anything positive on Koh Larn or anywhere else to be honest.

• Like 2

I did two trips to the island in 2017. My observation... Sat in a chair with thousands of other people.  Watched the parade of people walk out in the water waist deep.  99% of them were out of the water in two minutes.  There were literally NO LINES to the few restrooms. My conclusion:  "They're all swimming in a toilet".  You couldn't pay me to go back.

On 10/15/2020 at 12:57 AM, Joebuzz said:

I did two trips to the island in 2017. My observation... Sat in a chair with thousands of other people.  Watched the parade of people walk out in the water waist deep.  99% of them were out of the water in two minutes.  There were literally NO LINES to the few restrooms. My conclusion:  "They're all swimming in a toilet".  You couldn't pay me to go back.

Given the price they charged to use the toilet I do not find it surprising that people went in the sea. Same as at the FMP on Koh Phangan, except there they didn't bother going waist deep.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Can be again if they keep the speedboats off it and restrict the number of people that can visit in a day to what went 20 years ago.

That would be called sustainable tourism.

Money Number One here. 

Maximise profits today, don't care about tomorrow, and if the very thing that attracted the tourists in the first place gets destroyed in the process, so be it.  

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Can be again if they keep the speedboats off it and restrict the number of people that can visit in a day to what went 20 years ago.

I don't expect that can happen. Thai way seems to be keep building and increasing beyond the point of saturation.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 6:57 PM, Joebuzz said:

Forget Tawan beach

Next time take boat to Nabon main pier ,then take a songkow to any one of the other beaches that are not occupied.

export1602897557343.jpg

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2020 at 6:57 PM, Joebuzz said:

They near to put signs up in Chinese, something like, "If you pee pee in the water, it will attract sharks."  ????

20 hours ago, Leaver said:

They near to put signs up in Chinese, something like, "If you pee pee in the water, it will attract sharks."  ????

They'd just hack the fins away and eat them. Opposite effect of what was wanted. Maybe say there are US submarines in the area.

4 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

They'd just hack the fins away and eat them. Opposite effect of what was wanted. Maybe say there are US submarines in the area.

The Chinese are very superstitious.  

Maybe a sign that says it is bad luck to pee pee in the water.  ????