People flock to the North as days become cooler

webfact

People flock to the North as days become cooler

By THE NATION

800_037b6580ac001ad.jpg?v=1602488317

The North of Thailand is becoming popular among tourists as temperatures have started falling and winter appears to be coming closer.

On Monday, Kriangkrai Chaipiset, chief of the Doi Inthanon National Park, said the temperature was 7 degrees Celsius on the peak of Doi Inthanon and 6 degrees Celsius at Kew Mae Pan viewpoint, while the temperature in his office was nearing 14 degrees Celsius.

The temperature in the northern plains touched 20 degrees Celsius this morning.

He said more tourists are coming to the North to make the most of cool temperatures, with many also visiting other mountains in Chiang Mai like Doi Luang Chiang Dao or Doi Ang Khang.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30396067

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-10-12

4 hours ago, Captain_Bob said:

See photo with "flock" of 17 people ???? 

"The temperature in the northern plains touched 20 degrees Celsius this morning." 

For most of the world that is still t-shirt weather. Thais operate on an entirely different thermometer. 

Agreed...ooooh weather is cool! Pack the bags and load up the car!!!  or maybe just stick ur head in the freezer and scrape some ice for a snowball......I just dont get it....probably why thais stare at us slack-jawed when we are walking around with t-shirts and shorts as they wear parkas....

Or when I want to turn on the AC or even the fan at night to sleep with a thai gal in bed..not gonna happen

I did the trip north to see the morning fog in a famous valley. It was only about

10 to 15c and way too cold for the clothes I had on. I told my Thai family to never

take me to the north again if the weather was going to be cold. They were a bit 

disappointed with me, then I said, well come to Canada from November to May

and I will show you a cold morning, where you can see your breath, and I will

get you to only wear a T shirt and shorts beneath your Winter coat, so far I have

not had any of my Thai family come to Canada during Winter, wonder why?

Geezer