Nov Extension Not Free - In Krabi

It states in a immigration announcement that your stamp can be changed to November 30th for free.

The announcement is dated October 1st so you you think they would've gotten it by now.

It is pages 3 and 4 here in Thai. https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?avada_portfolio=การอนุญาตให้คนต่างด้าว-3&portfolioCats=45%2C45

Edit: You will not be on a overstay until after October 31st since that is the day the current amnesty ends.

Edited by ubonjoe
forgot to mention overstay info
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It states in a immigration announcement that your stamp can be changed to November 30th for free.

The announcement is dated October 1st so you you think they would've gotten it by now.

It is pages 3 and 4 here in Thai. https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?avada_portfolio=การอนุญาตให้คนต่างด้าว-3&portfolioCats=45%2C45

Thanks for the reply, Joe. I did go prearmed with the announcement, but was just told come back Friday, as were others. And as I was walking out, he said, there will be overstay charges too. Which given I'd only been stamped until October 12th makes me think this was premeditated plan to get some cash . Done openly in office in front of manager, and others told the same. So should i challenge this on friday or just suck it up? I'm thinking the latter

What you presumably have now is an "under consideration" stamp till October 12th (nothing unusual about that, as you applied in September), but they haven't received the approval yet and told you to return on Friday (again, nothing unusual, it happens).

Just wait and see what will happen then. I have no idea how they would justify an overstay fine.

2 minutes ago, Caldera said:

What you presumably have now is an "under consideration" stamp till October 12th (nothing unusual about that, as you applied in September), but they haven't received the approval yet and told you to return on Friday (again, nothing unusual, it happens).

Just wait and see what will happen then. I have no idea how they would justify an overstay fine.

Yes, you're right about the visa stamp and I hope you are right about there being no overstay charges even though he distinctly mentioned them as I left. Will find out soon enough and update then if there are, and what the (bogus) justification was. Thanks for the input

1 hour ago, sangsom69 said:

Yes, you're right about the visa stamp and I hope you are right about there being no overstay charges even though he distinctly mentioned them as I left.

The under consideration stamp allows you to stay until you extension is approved. The report back date is not the end of the under consideration period.

Under the current amnesty you would not be on an overstay anyway.

• Like 1

I had the under considerration stamp until 5th OCT, I didn't go then because I thought everyone was now able to stay until 31st OCT, is that correct?

If yes, I can just go anytime from now until the 31st and get how long extention?

Thanks

11 hours ago, barry553 said:

Mine was stamped until October the 14th. Can I go earlier or later than that date and get the extension until Nov 30th?

If you have a under consideration stamp you should do it tomorrow the 14th. A few days after would not be a problem.

When they do the extension stamp it will be to November 30th.

If you already have a extension stamp you should go to immigration as soon as possible and request it be changed to November 30th.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Has immigration made any new announcements about obtaining a 30 day extension for those on Amnesty time only?

If your embassy is not providing letters etc

The new immigration announcement does specify vaguely it can be done without a letter from a embassy.

They have handed out a affidavit at some offices for people to tick some boxes listing the reason they need an extension.

If applied for at this time it will issued with a expiration date of November 30th.

Check with your local immigration office about getting an extension.

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2020 at 5:43 PM, sangsom69 said:

Yes, you're right about the visa stamp and I hope you are right about there being no overstay charges even though he distinctly mentioned them as I left. Will find out soon enough and update then if there are, and what the (bogus) justification was. Thanks for the input

sangsom69 ....

How did the trip to immigration go? 

Edited by ouagadougou

On 10/13/2020 at 10:02 AM, ubonjoe said:

The new immigration announcement does specify vaguely it can be done without a letter from a embassy.

They have handed out a affidavit at some offices for people to tick some boxes listing the reason they need an extension.

If applied for at this time it will issued with a expiration date of November 30th.

Check with your local immigration office about getting an extension.

I was told today at Hua Hin Immigration that a Embassy letter is needed for a extension after 30 November

However the I/O is a complete bItch who just rolled her eyes and walked off when I started to ask polite questions so i'm not sure what the requirements really are

On 10/16/2020 at 9:06 PM, darrendsd said:

I was told today at Hua Hin Immigration that a Embassy letter is needed for a extension after 30 November

However the I/O is a complete bItch who just rolled her eyes and walked off when I started to ask polite questions so i'm not sure what the requirements really are

I can't see the embassies complying with the on again off again letter requirement, except perhaps for the Americans.

So far, I'm hearing from a few people in Pattaya that they're having difficulty in obtaining another stamp extension to their existing one that expires at the end of this month for free. Can anyone validate this, or are other people going to Jomtien Immigration and getting their free visa extension stamp (having paid previously before Sept 26) without any problems? 

12 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

I can't see the embassies complying with the on again off again letter requirement, except perhaps for the Americans.

I would expect them to start them up again if the pressure was there. 

19 hours ago, Senior Player said:

So far, I'm hearing from a few people in Pattaya that they're having difficulty in obtaining another stamp extension to their existing one that expires at the end of this month for free. Can anyone validate this, or are other people going to Jomtien Immigration and getting their free visa extension stamp (having paid previously before Sept 26) without any problems? 

Yes, this is correct. I posted about it here: 

The only thing new I've seen since I posted that is that they're now telling people to come back on Oct 29th. I guess they realized that having weeks of applicants come back on the same day could be a bit much... But two days seems like far too little, as well, and I have no idea why they're adding this extra step at all. 

• Like 2

On 10/12/2020 at 7:13 PM, ubonjoe said:

You will get a extension to November 30th. Your 30 days will start on the 1st of November now,

That's not what they are doing in Jomtien.  They required us to go in on OCt 16th.  Took her passport and said come back monday.

On monday, they stamped her for OCT 31, and said we will have to come back OCT 29 for our November stamp.  Despite what SHOULD have been given (the November 30 stamp).

So, instead of one visit for one stamp, I'm having to go to immigration office weekly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, trappedinasia said:

The only thing new I've seen since I posted that is that they're now telling people to come back on Oct 29th. I guess they realized that having weeks of applicants come back on the same day could be a bit much... But two days seems like far too little, as well, and I have no idea why they're adding this extra step at all. 

Thanks @trappedinasia. My girlfriend has decided to use an agency and send her passport to the Bangkok immigration office. She was told this morning by Jomtien immigration that they wouldn't be able to do it there. Something about not being able to access her records on the computer due to her previous stamp being issued originally at Bangkok. Sounds like a total cop out to me, but she's not waiting until October 29 to see if they change their stance.

22 minutes ago, Senior Player said:

Thanks @trappedinasia. My girlfriend has decided to use an agency and send her passport to the Bangkok immigration office. She was told this morning by Jomtien immigration that they wouldn't be able to do it there. Something about not being able to access her records on the computer due to her previous stamp being issued originally at Bangkok. Sounds like a total cop out to me, but she's not waiting until October 29 to see if they change their stance.

Is she using an agent to get a long term visa, or just to get the Nov 30th stamp?