Russell Crowe is unrecognisable as he sports a beard and ponytail during a tennis session in Sydney

snoop1130

Russell Crowe is unrecognisable as he sports a beard and ponytail during a tennis session in Sydney

By NICOLE DOUGLAS

34276224-8829827-image-m-7_1602474418863.jpg

My, how you've changed! Russell Crowe (pictured in Sydney on Thursday evening) looks very different these days compared to when he first rose to fame in Hollywood

Russell Crowe shot to fame playing Maximus in the 2000 epic Gladiator.

But two decades later, the 56-year-old actor has embraced a far more relaxed look, and is now hardly recognisable compared to his glory days.

The Hollywood legend sported a scruffy beard and wore his greying hair in a slicked-back ponytail while playing a game of tennis in Sydney with his close friend Britney Theriot, 30, on Thursday evening.

Gone was the chiselled six pack he was once known for, as Russell sported a loose-fitting polo shirt, black-and-white Adidas pants and a pair of matching sneakers.

Full Story: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8829827/Russell-Crowe-looks-worlds-away-Gladiator-days-20-years-on.html

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Well post a pic of you then

Wouldn't mind if the forum weren't full of trolls, but you can't win here unless you're quite muscular. So you'll have to take my word that I'm doing a lot better than Crowe is at the moment. Ran intervals yesterday; lower body resistance work today, upper body tomorrow. Stay low carb, only natural foods, mostly avoid alcohol, etc. etc. So: lower normal BMI, low body fat, good numbers across the board, no meds needed, move easily, and feel great. 

Your turn. ????

13 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Damn

time has really taken a toll on him

i wonder how you can let yourself go down like that

particularly when you have the money for a personal trainer

healthy food and so on

Having the money to do this or that isn't the same as actually doing it or knowing how to look after yourself for the longterm.

13 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Can't see him going to 5 sets.

If you could see the original picture it has one of those emergency cardio resuscitation   ambulance unit on stand by in the background...

Edited by ezzra

Russel's pretty much normal at his age for his body type these days. He was always big and never going to be a boney skinny person. Hollywood is full of people born naturally thin or fit looking for work. Some of them get jobs, some get jobs after offering their bodies to Hollywood's powerful but most are just used and abused. What you see in movies is not the real world or real people. You see the chosen for whatever they are chosen. In reality, some people are skinny or thin and really don't have to do a darn thing to stay that way. As always it's okay to shame fat people but dare you tell a thin person to get off his <deleted> and eat more. Dare you to show disgust to their existence. But it's okay to do it to fat people. Even Hitler wasn't as bad as some of you when it comes to showing disgust against fat people.

Edited by TooBigToFit

57 minutes ago, TooBigToFit said:

Russel's pretty much normal at his age for his body type these days. He was always big and never going to be a boney skinny person. Hollywood is full of people born naturally thin or fit looking for work.  . . . In reality, some people are skinny or thin and really don't have to do a darn thing to stay that way.

If that's normal for his age and body type, then it's not much of a recommendation.

Nobody suggested he should be a "boney skinny person"--red herring argument.

Nobody is born fit looking for work. Bit early, eh. Some are born thin, true, or fat, but nonetheless aren't condemned to stay so forever. True, some people remain thin to outward appearances no matter what they eat, as metabolisms are different, but I think not most (see your "normal" above); and not Russell Crowe. He has in the past been in excellent shape, however, so it appears he's one those who do have say, though he no longer chooses to exercise that option.

Edited by BigStar

7 minutes ago, transam said:

He should be left alone, he is able to do what ever he likes, and is.....:thumbsup:

We are all able. But we wanna keep him around as long as possible to make more movies for us, lookin' good when he does. Think Clint Eastwood.

Edited by BigStar

23 hours ago, BigStar said:

Wouldn't mind if the forum weren't full of trolls, but you can't win here unless you're quite muscular. So you'll have to take my word that I'm doing a lot better than Crowe is at the moment. Ran intervals yesterday; lower body resistance work today, upper body tomorrow. Stay low carb, only natural foods, mostly avoid alcohol, etc. etc. So: lower normal BMI, low body fat, good numbers across the board, no meds needed, move easily, and feel great. 

Your turn. ????

Well that may work for some but for me I lost 20kg just by playing golf 5 days a week.

On 10/14/2020 at 9:30 AM, car720 said:

Well that may work for some but for me I lost 20kg just by playing golf 5 days a week.

With another 20kg to go????? I never gained much that I needed to lose. If I did, it was during vacations. There's losing weight and appearance, but then more importantly there's health and fitness. Trick is have it all, for as long as you can . . . .

Edited by BigStar

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

With another 20kg to go????? I never gained much that I needed to lose. If I did, it was during vacations. There's losing weight and appearance, but then more importantly there's health and fitness. Trick is have it all, for as long as you can . . . .

I believe in doing anything that I want to do.  The real trick is moderation.  I am 180cm and 77kg.  Don't need to shed another 20.