Russell Crowe is unrecognisable as he sports a beard and ponytail during a tennis session in Sydney

snoop1130

Its all about diet....I learned that the hard way in my late 30's. I went back to Aus for a few months and ran, did weights more than ever........I was fit, but I got a bit fat. My mother even told me I was getting fat.......I still do weights and stair work but am more careful of how much I shove in my mouth. A lot of people still dont seems to understand how much of it is diet, and how little exercise helps, unless you do MEGA exercise, such as running hours and hours each day. Cut the sugar down, be careful with the carbs (though you need some) and up the intake of protein. This has worked for me......diet to lose the weight and exercise to shape the body. 

That's my 2 cents.

46 minutes ago, car720 said:

I believe in doing anything that I want to do.  The real trick is moderation.  I am 180cm and 77kg.  Don't need to shed another 20.  

So does Russell Crowe, obviously. That will last until it doesn't. But you've begged the questions. Does doing anything you want to do mean you can't also do some things you may not really want to? And so then, moderation in what, exactly? So many choices.

And of course not doing something can't mean you're doing it moderately. Hence, I'm not golfing moderately.???? Trump golfs moderately, though.

16 hours ago, BigStar said:

So does Russell Crowe, obviously. That will last until it doesn't. But you've begged the questions. Does doing anything you want to do mean you can't also do some things you may not really want to? And so then, moderation in what, exactly? So many choices.

And of course not doing something can't mean you're doing it moderately. Hence, I'm not golfing moderately.???? Trump golfs moderately, though.

Gobbledeegook.

• Confused 1

On 10/13/2020 at 12:21 AM, kingofthemountain said:

Damn

time has really taken a toll on him

i wonder how you can let yourself go down like that

particularly when you have the money for a personal trainer

healthy food and so on

Russell has always been a relaxed country type of guy, only really dropped weight when needing to for roles, but I will admit, I think he has slipped a little into the usual lazy guy we do as we get older, been there, done that, but lost it without a personal trainer and think he should as well as he looks like heart attack material as he is a heavy smoker.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CanuckThai said:

Covid self isolation and vegemite....bad combination

But the girlfriend . . . bit of a hottie. How does that work, going for a old fat guy like that?????

In fairness, apparently he'd gained a lot of weight for his role in the recent movie Unhinged. Yet he's had time grow a ponytail since then, so, despite the tennis, seems he's not been terribly serious about losing.

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

he looks like heart attack material as he is a heavy smoker.

Agreed. Happens to guys in their 50s all the time.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BigStar said:
2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

he looks like heart attack material as he is a heavy smoker.

I stopped smoking at 40 years of age, had my heart attack at age 47, had been going to the gym, wasn't overweight, ate well, but as the Cardiologist said, heart attacks don't discriminate and he has seen them as young as 35 hit the tarmac, adding that stress and poor diets contributed to heart attacks back then in 2007, he also added that smoking over the years does contribute to the artery walls being clogged up and all it takes is a clot as was my case to lodge into a narrow artery, and that I was fortunate enough to drive to the hospital which he wouldn't recommended when suffering a heart attack, but believed if I waited for the ambulance, I probably wouldn't have made it.

Don't smoke, eat healthy, exercise and if you have a heart attack, well that's just bad luck ????

48 minutes ago, tifino said:

but there's no requirement to actually put on weight. for a role...

image.jpeg.a8c44a76e2fca56e29bc106bb2693ad2.jpeg 196709144_gitinmabellee.gif.7db48a11cce7363b8c7c786c50eb5296.gif

Method acting, hard way to make a living. Christian Bale is another one that tortures his body for roles. Check The Machinist.

12 hours ago, stouricks said:

Is golf not a lot of walking, or buggying, and the occasional (18) very short bouts of medium exercise, not even cardio worthy?

at least 7km walk, up hill and down dale, with approx. 250 full body turns, all done in 3.5 hours and 30+ degrees celsius. Not to mention the gear.

On 10/12/2020 at 8:21 PM, kingofthemountain said:

Damn

time has really taken a toll on him

i wonder how you can let yourself go down like that

particularly when you have the money for a personal trainer

healthy food and so on

Having money is part of the problem. He doesn't have much incentive to keep working hard as he would have in his early years - he's been there, done that.

Having said that, a shave, haircut, and a strict diet would soon knock him back into shape.

16 hours ago, BigStar said:

But the girlfriend . . . bit of a hottie. How does that work, going for a old fat guy like that?????

In fairness, apparently he'd gained a lot of weight for his role in the recent movie Unhinged. Yet he's had time grow a ponytail since then, so, despite the tennis, seems he's not been terribly serious about losing.

I'd say he's seriously wants to lose it. Having the energy and motivation to do it is another matter. Laziness is a vicious cycle... the fatter you get, the less energy you have, so you can get to the point of no return. I would say, looking at his gut, he's at that point now that if he doesn't get motivated, he'll never lose it... not to mention that as he ages the job becomes increasingly more difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

He put on alot of weight for that horrendous turkey Unhinged. Hard to take off that kind of bulk. Not sure about a six pack, but he used to be in decent shape. I sure would like to see him starring in some good films again. He has done alot of great work. He is a major talent. With alot of range. 

article-2076780-0F3D3F2100000578-636_634x599.jpg

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2020 at 9:36 AM, BigStar said:

Wouldn't mind if the forum weren't full of trolls, but you can't win here unless you're quite muscular. So you'll have to take my word that I'm doing a lot better than Crowe is at the moment. Ran intervals yesterday; lower body resistance work today, upper body tomorrow. Stay low carb, only natural foods, mostly avoid alcohol, etc. etc. So: lower normal BMI, low body fat, good numbers across the board, no meds needed, move easily, and feel great. 

Your turn. ????

DILLIGAF :burp:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

I don't need to read about health issues, I have sufficient, thank you.

My long term plan is to be someone else's problem for many more years.

"Long term" is quite relative and a matter of subjective perception, yes. But the earlier the relief for the burdened the better, eh.