Fly thai airways from London

I've got a ticket on that flight, haven't heard of any cancellations so I'm assuming it's still going. 

Interestingly, I bought the cheapest ticket but it now says that I can change the date without any penalty charges - so anyone looking to pay more for that option may not need bother. 

2 minutes ago, Peeba boy said:

What date ru flying

October 25th via Thai Airways, as per your question. 

I realize they've made changes on November and December flights, but I assumed they were going a month at a time anyway, so I have no reason to doubt they will cancel this October flight. 

Edited by mnop

32 minutes ago, mnop said:

I've got a ticket on that flight, haven't heard of any cancellations so I'm assuming it's still going. 

Interestingly, I bought the cheapest ticket but it now says that I can change the date without any penalty charges - so anyone looking to pay more for that option may not need bother. 

Do you have all your other paper work completed

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, moe666 said:

Do you have all your other paper work completed

Means ,  can you pass Thai immigration , requirements .

Isolation , etc . 

Good luck ...

28 minutes ago, Peeba boy said:

I wonder if the Sunday flights are repartition flighs

Thai nationals booking the Sunday TG flight can get the free of charge quarantine.  If they use any other airline they can't.  So guess it can be called a repatriation flight.

1 hour ago, Peeba boy said:

I have a bad feeling you can change ticket free of charge because they will not be flying

Possibly. However, recent experience with airlines suggests that previous performance does guarantee future results (most of the time). Thai is running those Sunday flights, and cancellations would be a surprise.

3 hours ago, Peeba boy said:

Yes I have all paper work complete. I just checked manage my booking again

its saying flight might be changed. Can you check what ur booking says at manage my booking

I know what you mean - it's confusing that they say that. 

However all TG917 flights every Sunday during October are repatriation flights. I've been issued a CoE through the online system that confirms the arrival date and the fact I'm opting for free State Quarantine.

Regarding other paper work completed: the only other document I believe I'm required (as a Thai citizen) is the Fit to Fly, which has to be acquired 72 hours before. I believe the T8 form can be collected from the airport and filled in there. 

Regarding my earlier remark about changing the flight date for free; this doesn't actually seem to be the case. I tried changing it and it's charging you an full additional charge for a new flight. Glitch in the system... false assurance? Who knows #TIT 

I wouldn't worry about this flight being cancelled. Having a confirmed booking and a CoE issued, I see no reason that any October flights should be cancelled.  

• Like 1

Hi mnop 

I spoke with Thai airways the confirmed this was a repartition flight. I have confirmed booking and ticket.  I also did everything through the embassy they gave me COE dated for that flight. I am sure everything will be ok. Just started to panic. I also have ASQ booked in Bangkok.  Good luck with your travel

Thai Airways still owe me a refund of my return flight to the UK which they cancelled in June. 

I don't believe they can or should be flying anywhere until they clear their debts. 

But my guess is that they may be doing so in order to bring stranded Thais home. 

TG 917 flew on 4 Oct and 11 Oct, scheduled for 18 and 25 Oct.

Assume it would fly barring some IRROPS?

You can check the inbound metal, TG 916, which should depart BKK for LHR on 25 Oct ~ 12:50 Bangkok time.

This will at least give some reassurance that there will be an aircraft available.

1 hour ago, Peeba boy said:

Hi mnop

i just clicked on to manage my booking.  It said in red letters. Your attention is needed.  Then it went on to say   This booking can be changed online.  Did u get same message

Yes for my flight in dec, recieved an email cancelling my booking a few days after seeing that message,

11 hours ago, Fat George said:

Thai Airways still owe me a refund of my return flight to the UK which they cancelled in June. 

I don't believe they can or should be flying anywhere until they clear their debts. 

But my guess is that they may be doing so in order to bring stranded Thais home. 

They are something like 260 billion bht in debt so might take some time to clear ! ????

On 10/12/2020 at 9:11 PM, Steven77110 said:

There some repatriation fights on Thai Airways . But all normal flights are cancelled this year... mine was 3 Dec and a return on 18 both were cancelled least week have rebooked for March... then May if cancelled ???? 

How on earth could you fly to Thailand on 3rd December & return on 18th December with 14 days quarantine in between??    Just curious!!

• Confused 1

On 10/13/2020 at 12:43 AM, Fat George said:

A bit OT but relevent to your post. Thai Airways recently cancelled a flight I bought for 27th November. I called them here in Thailand and told them I could not change for another date. They agreed I was due a full refund. I asked how long and they told me (only when pushed) that the refund department will email me a claim form "in 3-4 weeks". I then asked how long will the refund likely take and was given all the BS about "rehabilitation, court, bancruptcy" blah blah blah and told "maybe 6 months". I said OK and finished the call (which I had recorded). Next I went on to American Express Card website and disputed the transaction and uploaded a copy of the Thai flight cancellation email. Within 15 minutes AMEX updated my account to say the dispute was closed and my account would be credited in two days. I checked and have now had the full amount credited to me by AMEX. Thai Airways (and other companies) need to understand that treating customers fairly is essential to foster goodwill and enhance or maintain a good reputation.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

A bit OT but relevent to your post.

Transfer of debt from you to AMEX.

AMEX is probably already one of the largest creditors, after local banks/CUs, and aircraft leasing companies?

Assume AMEX would request ROP miles in a settlement. Airlines have been selling miles at a discount to banks for six months to raise cash.

It is really unknown territory regarding the "rehabilitation" plan for TG. Would expect this to go on for years; has the Hopewell Project been fully settled yet?

AMEX has been reversing some chargebacks post credit, based on address of record and if a voucher was offered. YMMV.

On 10/13/2020 at 1:43 AM, Fat George said:

Just have their aircraft confiscated when in London.

13 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Transfer of debt from you to AMEX.

AMEX is probably already one of the largest creditors, after local banks/CUs, and aircraft leasing companies?

Assume AMEX would request ROP miles in a settlement. Airlines have been selling miles at a discount to banks for six months to raise cash.

It is really unknown territory regarding the "rehabilitation" plan for TG. Would expect this to go on for years; has the Hopewell Project been fully settled yet?

AMEX has been reversing some chargebacks post credit, based on address of record and if a voucher was offered. YMMV.

Agreed there is always the chance that THAI will successfully appeal the dispute. They did offer a voucher which I declined. They did clearly agree a full refund due (I have recoding). 

Normally chargebacks are debited from sales. Question is are there more chargebacks than forward sales right now. Hard to say.