Visit Thailand but conditions apply: Tracking devices, set routes away from Thais and "Covid minders" mooted

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Here are the conditions that would allow tourists to perhaps leave their quarantine rooms:

* They will have to wear tracking devices to monitor their every movement.

*They will have to stick to routes where other Thai people do not go. They must not veer off course at all.

*They will have to be followed around 24/7 by Covid minders to ensure they don't stray and are healthy

* They will be encouraged to do fresh air activities - golf was mentioned in the Daily News story as a possibility. 

Despite these extraordinary restrictions Dr Tharet is convinced this is the way forward to kickstart the Thai economy and get the tourism ball rolling again. 

Is this Thailand no it is ALCATRAZ .

*They will have to stick to routes where other Thai people do not go. They must not veer off course at all.

*They will have to be followed around 24/7 by Covid minders to ensure they don't stray and are healthy

* They will be encouraged to do fresh air activities - golf was mentioned in the Daily News story as a possibility. 

I am the perfect candidate for this, I don't mind them monitoring my movements, after all I am fairly regular and they are usually in a predictable place, generally known as a toilet.  I do go places that the Thais don't, which is actually into the shops in malls to buy stuff and I would really appreciate some minders as I have always fancied myself as a bit of an Arthur Daley. I have also wanted to experiment with 'fresh air activities' I'm just a little concerned about the spiders and where the sand may end up, but other than that I'm good to go ????

• Like 1

"They will have to stick to routes where other Thai people do not go. They must not veer off course at all".

If that could be applied to those of us travelling on Thailand's roads, they might be onto a winner. Just imagine - roads exclusively for foreigners! Bliss!!

• Haha 1

Questions. Will the 'minder also have to wear tracker. Will the minder also have a minder, and that minder have a minder, to make sure the minder's minder doesn't stray (see family etc.) I know, why not get the tourist to mind the minder's minder...yeah, right, that is just about as crazy as their plan. Why not put all tourists on a chain gang and done with it; that way they'll at least feel comfortable when they visit those exciting prisons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Surelynot said:

I think the biggest problem they might face is marshaling the huge queues of people desperate to get into Thailand on these terms.

Yeah,

I can't wait for the new special immigration uniforms for Covid19

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

I think a rubber stamp every time they enter or leave a vehicle would work along with the minder, following like a blood hound.

Does going to the toilet count for another rubber stamp under my new scheme count?? This is currently under discussion with Prayut.

Hey, this is as good as all the other stupid ideas from the alphabet soup of Ministries and TAT.

No rubber stamp required for the toilet as we have CCTV installed.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

"Covid minders"

The headline had me imaging Terry McCann with Arfur in " Minder " .. 

Perhaps that's what they mean .. all visitors must have a mohair coat , trilby and cigar and say " I swear on my sainted mother's grave I don't have Corvid " ..

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Here are the conditions that would allow tourists to perhaps leave their quarantine rooms:

Delusional.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

Questions. Will the 'minder also have to wear tracker. Will the minder also have a minder, and that minder have a minder, to make sure the minder's minder doesn't stray (see family etc.) I know, why not get the tourist to mind the minder's minder...yeah, right, that is just about as crazy as their plan. Why not put all tourists on a chain gang and done with it; that way they'll at least feel comfortable when they visit those exciting prisons.

1984 ??

5 hours ago, Forza2002 said:

These daily idiotic ideas to boost tourism are making a Thailand a laughing stock around the world.... 

I was just thinking the very same thing. I cannot imagine anyone going on holiday to wear a tracker only walk where I am told to walk and have someone following me. They really have no idea.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

What a Muppet he is  Why is there No1  if you have No3 

Thai Logic ,,, I thought they could do better than this Freak show.

• Haha 1