Pattaya: Pub boss complains that resort is being ignored - calls for increased opening hours

webfact

5 minutes ago, webfact said:

Surajai Attanat - an executive at Differ Pub in north Pattaya that is a live music venue - has called for longer opening hours as an answer. 

For what people to come if there are no tourists .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

Last Friday in Pattaya the police were down Walking Street and others, closing bars at midnight ! Surely there must be a whole load of more constructive things to concentrate on ????

Interesting that they have been there too and not only in Central Pattaya. But Friday is history long time already and in the meantime at least in Central Pattaya many bars don't care again - like months before this "special" Friday. They have their own closing times again. Obviously there was not much punishment. 

I don't understand why this Pub boss complains. Normally they don't care much about laws anyway. I could tell you stories about endless complaints in respect of bars and noise and closing times. And nobody ever cared. Many of them seem to be above the law anyway.

By the way. Just checked his Differ Pub on Google Maps. There is written that the opening times are until 3am. The legal closing time for this area before Corona was 2am... 

Edited by Oldie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

Phuket works because it’s an island and easier to contain tourists there. It  has an international airport and also offers more attractions for wealthier tourists. It’s the natural place to restart international tourism. 

For tourists who know nothing yes !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phantomfiddler said:

Last Friday in Pattaya the police were down Walking Street and others, closing bars at midnight ! Surely there must be a whole load of more constructive things to concentrate on ????

Traffic enforcement comes to mind. The rabble has taken over the streets. Check out Thappraya or Thepprasit Roads. The police are no where to be seen.

14 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

As usual, it makes no sense here. There's meant to be no covid here according to the figures released so open up the bars etc as per before covid. Allow the owners to decide whether to open or not

But people travelling around the country freely can spread the virus to many places.

Never ever let a bar owner decide if they should open. They dont care at all if a customer gets it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

I was out in "Tree Town" on Friday. I was asked to pay up at 23:30 because the police were coming. Bar was shuttered up at 23:45.

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Gets what? there is no covid here currently, or have you got stats showing a high daily spread? 

Nope. No covid here...

2.2 Situation of Patients with Suspected Symptoms of COVID-19 in Thailand.

On 30 September 2020 at 12.00, Thailand announced that 1,057 additional people met the criteria for PUI, raising the total to 451,067 PUI, as shown in Table 2.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/situation/situation-no269-300963.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cnmltd said:

I was out in "Tree Town" on Friday. I was asked to pay up at 23:30 because the police were coming. Bar was shuttered up at 23:45.

The last days nobody cared again. Like many months before. Perhaps they got a warning so that the police could report that everything closes at midnight? At least on this special Friday... What a coordinated show if it was like this. 

5 hours ago, timendres said:

Says 131 undergoing treatment, going by the news they may be imported cases, so as usual the current situation isn't clear to me. How about the situation in Pattaya? there was daily announcements for a while with zero local transmissions for weeks then it was dropped 

14 hours ago, Benmart said:

Traffic enforcement comes to mind. The rabble has taken over the streets. Check out Thappraya or Thepprasit Roads. The police are no where to be seen.

No but they have been on soi kor pai and thepprasit 9 a couple times a week latey

16 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Fortunately the crime wave that many predicted hasn't seemed to have happened so far. If nithing else the current situation has just emphasised how much a busy Pattaya attracts criminality. The reduced level of alcohol induced crime stories we've become used to on here is very noticeable. 

Sounds like another clueless business man.

Most of the Bangkonians are working people even on holiday I doubt they stay up past midnight.

Sorry Mr. Boss, staying open until 2am will not motivate 1000's more to come to Pattaya and create huge revenue gains.

Edited by bkk6060