Pattaya: Pub boss complains that resort is being ignored - calls for increased opening hours

webfact

17 hours ago, Oldie said:

Interesting that they have been there too and not only in Central Pattaya. But Friday is history long time already and in the meantime at least in Central Pattaya many bars don't care again - like months before this "special" Friday. They have their own closing times again. Obviously there was not much punishment. 

I don't understand why this Pub boss complains. Normally they don't care much about laws anyway. I could tell you stories about endless complaints in respect of bars and noise and closing times. And nobody ever cared. Many of them seem to be above the law anyway.

By the way. Just checked his Differ Pub on Google Maps. There is written that the opening times are until 3am. The legal closing time for this area before Corona was 2am... 

The bars can stay open as long as they like as long as the brown envelopes are thick enough, though I can see that they probably won't be in this climate.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Last Friday in Pattaya the police were down Walking Street and others, closing bars at midnight ! Surely there must be a whole load of more constructive things to concentrate on ????

They can't extort drunk motorists any more; they can't extort protection money from closed bars.  Maybe they could start fining taxi drivers whose meters don't work.

• Like 2

Hey Pattaya has its own airport that has a big enough runway for the largest airliners.

Pattaya has a lot of beach frontage and hotels and guest houses along the beaches,

Same as Hua Hin, and Cha Am, they have lots of hotels at the ocean side and are only a

3 hour bus ride or 4 hour train ride from Bangkok, so why should only Phuket get to restart the

tourism scene?  Come on TAT and Thai government you can both do a lot better.

Start trying.

Geezer

• Like 1

Surajai Attanat - an executive at Differ Pub in north Pattaya that is a live music venue - has called for longer opening hours as an answer.

the hours of opening are actually not observed by many sites. Same as ban for smoking inside even for shisha. Police don't check 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Says 131 undergoing treatment, going by the news they may be imported cases, so as usual the current situation isn't clear to me. How about the situation in Pattaya? there was daily announcements for a while with zero local transmissions for weeks then it was dropped 

I believe the bottom line here is that there is zero transparency, and believing the headline numbers makes no sense.