Foreign tourism reopening: Key operator slams government for inconsistency, lack of communication even damaging tourism

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And in another news item no Chinese tourists had ever bought VISAs to come. Essentially the Thai government is trying to sell a product nobody wants to buy, then lying about it.   There

Read 2 days ago that NO  Chinese even applied for an STV.  Most farangs doubted they would with all the red tape, restrictions and cost. Nothing to do with the veggy brigade!

Dream on pal, that will never happen, since when did Prayut or any of his cronies ever listen to anyone. They know best, well silly sods think they do, fact is they dont care about anybody, anyth

Posted Images

People often ask me what it is like to own and run a business in Thailand and what is the most important piece of advice to give them. That advice was given to me more than 15 years ago by a very influential Thai business man. It was simple, "never rely on the Gov't, they will not help you, we business people must find our own path to resolve the problems we face". His words are as true today as they were 15 years ago. My second piece of advice, read "Who Moved My Cheese".

For a looooong time tourism people want tourists but immigration not so much. The Thai government wants tourists' money but not tourists. Not hard to understand why they signal you to come with one hand and stop you from coming with the other. Dyspepsia. haha  Sorry I just like the word.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I find that excuse a bit lame because of the Vegetarian Festival. they would have been in quarantine would they not?

150 Chinese people loose in a festival of thousands? Who would know. They would just blend in as a few tourists, nobody would care.

4 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Every department coming up with their own senseless unworkable plan just to show that they are worth their monthly salary and how productive they are.🤢🤢 Everyday another plan however none of them works..

No plans ect ect ect will work until restrictions,regulations & travel costs are eased and that ain’t going to happen anywhere in the world until a working vaccine is available, so bunker down for a long time yet,end of story

• Like 1

The Left Hand not knowing what the Right Hand is doing is everyday practice in Thailand where every Government Dep't, be it National or Local thinks they are 'special' and 'clever' and know better than all others and besides, they are not interested in communicating with each other as it may mean 'Loss of Face' if anyone knows better or has a better plan than them.

This Guy has little hope of seeing a strong co-ordinated response from anyone as the Brainless of Bangkok look down on everyone and would not soil their shoes by visiting Ground Zero and talk to 'Serfs', who just may have a sensible idea or two of their own and make them look more Brainless than they already are !

• Like 1