Foreign tourism reopening: Key operator slams government for inconsistency, lack of communication even damaging tourism

webfact

21 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Read 2 days ago that NO  Chinese even applied for an STV.  Most farangs doubted they would with all the red tape, restrictions and cost.

Nothing to do with the veggy brigade!

lettuce be very careful of the veggy mafia...things can get sticky when one speaks of rice...or where Ive bean

On 10/13/2020 at 9:20 PM, ChipButty said:

I find that excuse a bit lame because of the Vegetarian Festival. they would have been in quarantine would they not?

Apparently!

Two truck drivers from Myanmar test positive in Thailand a few days ago.

China is trying to restrain a new covid outbreak.

The world is going mad with covid at present.

If you watch the documentary on RT ,accessible from you tube, about why America has so much covid, you will see a gigantic mess, mass graves on an island in New York that has not been used for years.

The homeless were ordered by New York police to stay in warehouses at night, forced at gun point, packed in like sardines and then released during the day.

154% rise in homeless death toll in April.

Huge Body trucks stacked full of bodies that rotted because they had no where to bury them.

This warehouse packing at night of homeless spread the disease through new york, having Disney Land open in  Florida accelerated covid,  the country is rioting , a complete out of control mess.

I think Prayut could manage America better.

One USA citizen said on the news '' I would vote for someone with half a brain and one leg rather than vote for Donald trump.

So Thailand is in good shape, why not start letting a few back in from covid safe countries.

NZ is one, they will start one way traffic from NZ to Australia today and open the Cook Islands up soon.

Australia is slowly coming right, Vietnam has done well there are others.

China has vaccinated many and so far this looks good, the Russian vaccine is looking good.

But so far the rest of the world is a complete and utter mess, America leads the charge of reckless virus spreading, Brazil, India not far behind, so the truth is < Thailand should be wary and the restrictions are very similar everywhere, Thailand could lighten up on the stupid rip off insurance vultures, and the rip off quarantine hotels who say they are full when you ask for a lower rate. 

If you watch the Documentary about Ivermectin on you tube you will need to make your own decision as to who is BS'ing who.

From what I see ,big pharma are holding the world to ransom, airlines are taking billions in bailout money as well as corporations, and through all this, bad Covid management and lies are wrecking the globe.

I still want to return home to LOS soon so I hope they introduce a airport tax to cover health and stop this run by greedy insurance companies and greedy quarantine hotels, that are driving tourists away.

This will help the Airlines get up and running-- or don't the world care, just print taxpayers money and hand it to them

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Titan1962 said:

My thoughts exactly,but now it appears they weren’t even coming. Phuket is an island and they could control people coming and going. But that’s not as easy as it sounds either,as food and general supplies need to get there from BKK and surrounding areas. Do they let these drivers into the island and back out again. Plus I hear almost 80% of business in the tourist area closed. Then who would want to go there anyway with nothing to do. Maybe they need to organize more events there that will attract locals and people who are willing to travel that far. Music festivals,tattoo events,hot rod shows or whatever. But now the international tourist are not coming,the establishments will really need to adjust there prices to suit the Thai market. Cheaper hotel rates across the board,better and cheaper transportation options. 
special rates on flights going to phuket to attract people , This will be the only option available to try and get the people living and trying to run business in and around Patong,Kata,Karon a chance untill a vaccine is found. 

Phuket town is doing ok I've been a couple of times, it's the west coast thats done for, in the south at Rawai is doing ok upto now as lots of farang live in this area the markets are reasonably busy as I drive bye in the evening, 

22 hours ago, taxin said:

I don’t see anywhere in his comments where he “slams” the government, simply saying they are not communicating together is not slamming.

Now if he said the people in charge are a bunch of monkeys who have no idea what they are doing, this would be slamming (and a lot closer to the truth).

I'm not so sure about that. I think monkeys are much more organised and intuitive than anything I have seen so far.

21 hours ago, Trolling4warlords said:

The dumbest thing is to sell work permits to multi millionaires. What a genius move!! I am already a multimillionaire. Why would I work in Thailand? Government has no clue except dominate and control the population.

I agree as I was thinking the same thing. I'm not a millionaire but I do have a nice retirement fund and living very comfortable in Thailand is easy for me. Why would I want to stop enjoying life and start working again? 

This is getting worse I live in Rawai it seems still fairly busy as a few farang live here, it is effecting more and more businesses daily I know the lady who owns one of the busiest Thai restaurants in the area she tells me this morning her takings are down by 5000 Baht per day thats a lot in Thai food

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 6:30 AM, colinneil said:

Dream on pal, that will never happen, since when did Prayut or any of his cronies ever listen to anyone.

They know best, well silly sods think they do, fact is they dont care about anybody, anything, except their own bloated bank accounts.

And where do you think the money they put in their Bank Acc comes from. Tourism.

• Confused 1

On 10/15/2020 at 8:01 PM, CapeTown said:

All the Thai people I talk to long for the day foreign Wester tourists will return.

But they are glum, they do not believe it will happen any time soon.

Don't lose hope....... The end is nigh for the shiny button boys....... The Thais fear and love of uniforms is wearing thin........  

Edited by SupermarineS6B