England's pubs ponder if pasties or chips make a meal amid COVID lockdown

snoop1130

17 minutes ago, woogoo said:

The government isn't a person who makes wise and informed decisions. It's large groups of people with various self-interests that seek to expand power. I could care less what the government thinks and we would all be wise to limit the power of government as much as possible.

Also, I never said do what you want and don't care about anyone else. I said that by coming out into public you are consenting that you understand you may get a virus and potentially, quite unlikely but potentially, die. Just like when you get into a car you consent that you may get into a traffic accident and die even if you are doing everything you can to be safe. 

If you can't handle that then stay home and use the many services at you're disposal to continue on with your life as needed and let all of the people who are not concerned with catching a virus continue to live life. That is hardly telling people to do whatever they want. 

And the people in your home will be so happy you passed it on to them.

try some social responsibility. 

5 minutes ago, Sujo said:

And the people in your home will be so happy you passed it on to them.

try some social responsibility. 

The people in my home feel the same as I do.

I am being socially responsible. If I have a friend that is worried about the virus and was staying inside because of that concern, I wouldn't go to their home as I don't share the same concern and do not live my life with the same protections they are. When I get back to the states later this month this will be the case for one of my friends that has Type 1 diabetes.

However, those people are making a personal choice to stay home. So this still doesn't negate the fact that those in public are also making a personal choice to be there.

1 minute ago, woogoo said:

The people in my home feel the same as I do.

I am being socially responsible. If I have a friend that is worried about the virus and was staying inside because of that concern, I wouldn't go to their home as I don't share the same concern and do not live my life with the same protections they are. When I get back to the states later this month this will be the case for one of my friends that has Type 1 diabetes.

However, those people are making a personal choice to stay home. So this still doesn't negate the fact that those in public are also making a personal choice to be there.

And you don't seem to get that the choice of those in public entails unnecessary risks for the others. You're making the choice for them, socially totally irresponsible.

4 hours ago, woogoo said:

Who get's to decide that? The people who go to the pub. If you're scared you are going to die from a virus, don't go. If you go to the pub, then you decided it was a risk you were willing to take. The government can <deleted> right off and let people make their own decisions about what their life is worth.

and if you pick up the virus in a pub and pass it to a shop keeper on the way home and he sickens and possibly dies that's just the shake of the dice? This attitude is why you're government can't leave these decisions with the people and will not because the people aren't capable enough to make the right call. As illustrated above most don't give a damn who gets sick or not as long as they get to massage their addiction...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

and if you pick up the virus in a pub and pass it to a shop keeper on the way home and he sickens and possibly dies that's just the shake of the dice? This attitude is why you're government can't leave these decisions with the people and will not because the people aren't capable enough to make the right call. As illustrated above most don't give a damn who gets sick or not as long as they get to massage their addiction...

Again, if that shop keeper is in public doing business he is consenting that he values keeping his business open more than the possibility of getting a virus. If he was so worried about it he wouldn't have his shop open he would have it closed and be at home. What difference does it make if the person who gave him the virus picked it up at the pub or the grocery store or if that shop owner picked up the virus while riding public transportation to their business.

Life is full of trade offs and one of them is if you go into public you can get sick, get into a car accident, get struck by lightening, etc. and you might, in 2% or less of cases (I've included all cause mortality here and not just coronavirus), die.

I also haven't drank really over the past few years due to being busy with my young son but I would be a hypocrite to call for certain businesses to be open and not others.

As to your claim about the government having your best interest in mind, I've got a bridge I'm willing to sell you at deep discounts.

Edited by woogoo
expansion of post.
  • Confused 1