FREE ---------IPTV player for smart TV

Mavideol

Does anybody knows a good FREE (magic word) IPTV player for samsung smart TV..... the one there called Smart IPTV says free but it's not, there is one time fee of around 6 euros, the new Duplex IPTV same, have to pay, try to download it from windows store, it indicates free but only for 7 days after that 10 euros, Ott the same ... my guess is in these difficult days nothing is for Free anymore 555

thanks for any suggestions

You don't want to pay 10 Euro for a lifetime subscription to use the player?

Yes there are no free players for smart TV, and 10 Euro for lifetime use is peanuts, unless your IPTV provider has a corporate subscription and offers it for free with the IPTV subscription.

Hint : IPTV subscriptions aren't free either.

18 hours ago, Susco said:

You don't want to pay 10 Euro for a lifetime subscription to use the player?

Yes there are no free players for smart TV, and 10 Euro for lifetime use is peanuts, unless your IPTV provider has a corporate subscription and offers it for free with the IPTV subscription.

Hint : IPTV subscriptions aren't free either.

understand the point and wouldn't mind to pay if t works, unfortunately so far tested of them, wasted the money and they still not working as expected, I know the free trial and did that, all worked fine during trial period, the buffering problems started after that period, so I am not that "cheap" and pay (paid) for things that are supposed to work but don't (didn't) work BTW, I do know that IPTV is not free and unfortunately they don't provide their own player, thanks for the hint

15 hours ago, uncleP said:

Better free choices if you get yourself an android tv box . Available on lazada

that may be my next move but was trying to take advantage of the box free smart tv.... will never buy another one, will stick to the android system

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

all worked fine during trial period, the buffering problems started after that period,

Why would buffering start after the trial period?

Nothing in the player changes after you subscribe, and buffering is very rarely caused by software, it is either the IPTV service or at the users end.

Please note, a smart tv is not designed for IPTV, because most of them have poor processing power and Ethernet adapters, and maybe you are using wireless, which is certainly not recommended for live streams.

Smart tv's are designed for the occasional web browsing and youtube and Netflix, which is recorded content, and streamed from servers near your location. IPTV is usually streamed from servers at the other side of the world, and your internet speed will be completely different from what you get to the Youtube or Netflix servers.

To enjoy IPTV you need good internet D/L speed of a 100 Mbps and better, there's a chappy in Pattaya who sell those android boxes and you can buy an IPTV membership from Ali express for like US$20 a year with 10,000 channels and more and some of them are pretty reliable and work well most of the times...

4 hours ago, Susco said:

Why would buffering start after the trial period?

Nothing in the player changes after you subscribe, and buffering is very rarely caused by software, it is either the IPTV service or at the users end.

Please note, a smart tv is not designed for IPTV, because most of them have poor processing power and Ethernet adapters, and maybe you are using wireless, which is certainly not recommended for live streams.

Smart tv's are designed for the occasional web browsing and youtube and Netflix, which is recorded content, and streamed from servers near your location. IPTV is usually streamed from servers at the other side of the world, and your internet speed will be completely different from what you get to the Youtube or Netflix servers.

all noted and appreciated, going back to android

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

To enjoy IPTV you need good internet D/L speed of a 100 Mbps and better, there's a chappy in Pattaya who sell those android boxes and you can buy an IPTV membership from Ali express for like US$20 a year with 10,000 channels and more and some of them are pretty reliable and work well most of the times...

does his box has all included or better buy the box at lazada and the IPTV from ali express, do they have different options for countries or since ali express is chinese, all their iptv are also chinese, thanks for the feed back.

Update: just visited aliexpress and they do have choice of services but couldn't find list of channels for the service providers, do you know if it's possible to see the channel list, thks

Edited by Mavideol

11 hours ago, Mavideol said:

does his box has all included or better buy the box at lazada and the IPTV from ali express, do they have different options for countries or since ali express is chinese, all their iptv are also chinese, thanks for the feed back.

Update: just visited aliexpress and they do have choice of services but couldn't find list of channels for the service providers, do you know if it's possible to see the channel list, thks

Yes, the choices at Ali Express has for some inexplicable reason dwindled quiet a bit lately this is why many expat are turning to suppliers in Thailand i get it from Eric in pattaya who sells fully loaded boxes with monthly subscription, can reach him on 08 1940 7545 have a chat with him see what he's got...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ezzra said:

Yes, the choices at Ali Express has for some inexplicable reason dwindled quiet a bit lately this is why many expat are turning to suppliers in Thailand i get it from Eric in pattaya who sells fully loaded boxes with monthly subscription, can reach him on 08 1940 7545 have a chat with him see what he's got...

thanks,  was not keen ordering from Ali... will call Eric, appreciate the contact info.

Do you have EPL, Discovery, National Geo, History and some news as CNN, BBC, Sky, DW I don't care too much about movies but if they are there it's good to know

Thks for all the info

Edited by Mavideol

On 10/13/2020 at 6:34 PM, vogie said:

I am not sure if Mobdro is an IPTV but it's free, as many channels as you can swing a cat at.

It works for me on an old Samsung phone ..watched F1 last w/e no problems ... have 'something' that plugs into the phone and then I power into that and then HDMI to TV

Hi Mavideol, if you are using a Samsung (like me) it probably means you cannot install many app as it's all restricted (Tizen OS) so that leaves you with little choice ; you can mock around with regions etc but still not many option. The only smart thing about Samsung Smart TVs is how they can block you...On my TV i can only use SmartIP TV as you mention (cost £5 ish) but despite paying I found out that it keeps buffering i.e. when i try the same content using another App on my computer or android box it works fine. I thought it was my provider but in fact not ! So overall i dont recommend Smart IPTV ; best option in my opinion is to plug in a fire stick or android box and use IPTV Smarters or Tivimate... if you plug in a Wintosh PC best option is 'Simple TV'.. ????

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tezzaaa said:

Hi Mavideol, if you are using a Samsung (like me) it probably means you cannot install many app as it's all restricted (Tizen OS) so that leaves you with little choice ; you can mock around with regions etc but still not many option. The only smart thing about Samsung Smart TVs is how they can block you...On my TV i can only use SmartIP TV as you mention (cost £5 ish) but despite paying I found out that it keeps buffering i.e. when i try the same content using another App on my computer or android box it works fine. I thought it was my provider but in fact not ! So overall i dont recommend Smart IPTV ; best option in my opinion is to plug in a fire stick or android box and use IPTV Smarters or Tivimate... if you plug in a Wintosh PC best option is 'Simple TV'.. ????

thanks for the feed back, I did came to the same conclusion after wasting couple hours x 2-3 days and the Smart IP was the one I tried as well, paid 6 euros and nothing good came out. Now Samsung smart tv has a couple other player options but still the same bs and appears they are all from same provider. As you indicated, samsung doesn't allow to install any other stuff, decided to move to Android box as you also advised, tested my neighbors box and it works fantastic, going to contact Eric in Pattaya as @Susco  provided the contact

You are welcome ☺️. About Android boxes it's worth buying good one I found out , I bought one for my mum from AliExpress and often the colour goes orange for no reason.. the best one is Xiaomi. If you buy a cheap one might as well use a Raspberry Pi as it's just the same thing packaged in fancy plastic if you see what I mean..

About internet speed needed 30-50mb is enough for full HD. Here in the UK internet providers have started blocking IPTV so I use VPN, streaming full HD with speed below 50 and it all works like a charm. My provider is top notch though..

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, tezzaaa said:

bought one for my mum from AliExpress and often the colour goes orange for no reason.. the best one is Xiaomi

Xaomi is definitely not a good box, especially not for IPTV, as it has no Ethernet connection, and for Live TV wireless is not recommended.

There are also several threads on this forum about the firmware issues of MI boxes, full of bugs.

For Full HD stream you need a STABLE download speed of 15 Mbps, on a single connection speed test, to the location where the servers are. But the IPTV providers will not tell you where their servers are, for obvious reasons

So an Ookla multi connection speed test to a Bangkok server will tell you nothing.

Only reliable speed test which uses single thread is testmy.net. With Ookla beta you can manually select overseas servers and single connection.

51 minutes ago, Susco said:

Xaomi is definitely not a good box, especially not for IPTV, as it has no Ethernet connection, and for Live TV wireless is not recommended.

There are also several threads on this forum about the firmware issues of MI boxes, full of bugs.

For Full HD stream you need a STABLE download speed of 15 Mbps, on a single connection speed test, to the location where the servers are. But the IPTV providers will not tell you where their servers are, for obvious reasons

So an Ookla multi connection speed test to a Bangkok server will tell you nothing.

Only reliable speed test which uses single thread is testmy.net. With Ookla beta you can manually select overseas servers and single connection.

Finally someone talking sense

11 hours ago, dowshik said:

you have lots of free iptv being shared on telegram t.me/deepstbmac 

kindly provide correct link, is this the same telegram messaging app or something different? is it for Windows or only mac as your link has mac on it... visited it but didn't find anything related to IPTV, mostly posts about different ways to invest/make money, etc....

Edited by Mavideol

Personally I tried free lists etc for iptv in the past and it never works for long, you end up wasting your time for the sake of saving 50 euros. Best free system for sport is arenavision but even then you still get occasional buffering and it's a pain to manoeuvre through the dodgy pop-ups etc ????

Edited by tezzaaa
clarification
  • Thanks 1