I Want Your Vote!

chanchao

Perhaps I should explain why I do not look for votes in this pole.

As a moderator I believe my job is to moderate. Amongst other things, I should edit or delete, posts and to lock topics etc which have reached the end of their useful life.

If I do my job correctly, I will not be in a position to win any popularity contests because I'll invariably upset the most vocal of contributors, while the quiet reader could not care less.

Furthermore, as a moderator, I should concentrate on moderating, not contributing to any threads. (I am a failure in this regard, although my rate of contributing has dropped significantly since I took on the responsibility of looking after TV.c. I try to keep my posts to factual answers to questions.)

P

Furthermore, as a moderator, I should concentrate on moderating, not contributing to any threads.

I do not know whether it makes you a better moderator but it sure does not seem to make you popular.

I mean if a poll on another forum, answered by 0.6% of the members is any indication,... :o:D

Furthermore, as a moderator, I should concentrate on moderating, not contributing to any threads.

I do not know whether it makes you a better moderator but it sure does not seem to make you popular.

I mean if a poll on another forum, answered by 0.6% of the members is any indication,... :o:D

The question being polled referred to postings made by moderators, which, if moderators are to be seen to be doing their jobs as independant moderators, should be near to zero apart from when closing threads etc.. This could never win a popularity contest.

Moderators who post under another, anonymous name will, of course, not appear in the poll but will still be seen as being totally independant regarding subjects being discussed in threads.

I can not help but feel that if I receive votes for postings under p1p, my moderator's name, I am failing in my duty as a moderator.

My posting name remains anonymous and can have opinions and is subject to the same rules as other members, other moderators can moderate me, where they might hesitate if I post under p1p.