Norway says Russia behind cyber attack against its parliament

webfact

1 hour ago, Felt 35 said:

Or...history want to be forgotten of political reason from they behind todays steering helm. Russia is dangerous, we constantly hear in the news. Definitely not without reason. Nevertheless, there seems to be a widespread attitude in northern Norway, Finnmark, especially in the east, that the Russians are nothing to be afraid of. If so, why is it so?

Finnmark, autumn 1944. The Germans are chased out, but it costs. Along the way, they destroy as much infrastructure as possible. Finnmark is burning. The population is forcibly evacuated, but many oppose the German order and hide in primitive old mining corridors. On the heels of the Germans come the liberators. It's not the United States. Army, Royal Air Force or Foreign Legion.

Nor is it the Norwegian army, the small one that exists of it, that are training far outside the war zone.

The heroes are not named Sam and Jack. Their names are Vladimir and Piotr. It is the Soviet Red Army that, with the justice of the liberators, rolls across the Norwegian border. For years, they have fought against the Germans just a few solid stone's throw from Kirkenes. The Litzsa front was for a long time the worst front part to be on. Here they fought. Nazis against communists. Until the Russians finally came on the offensive, the front of the Litzsa River was the highest number of losses.

There are still fallen soldiers in this area. The Litza monument is located here. By the road between Storskog and Murmansk. Rarely do you come here without fresh flowers at the mighty monument. This means something. A lot for Russians, and for Norwegian Finnmarkers. How often have you heard of this  I do not think the Litza front was mentioned in one word throughout history. The Finnmarkers know this. They have felt the neglect of their own, both on body and soul.

You've got to be kidding.

The Winter War[F 7] was a war between the Soviet Union (USSR) and Finland. It began with a Soviet invasion of Finland on 30 November 1939, three months after the outbreak of World War II, and ended three and a half months later with the Moscow Peace Treaty on 13 March 1940. Despite superior military strength, especially in tanks and aircraft, the Soviet Union suffered severe losses and initially made little headway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_War

Finland ended up having to cede 11% of its territory and 30% of its economy to the Soviet Union.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, gearbox said:

You are asking for evidence? You won't get much.

I've read the technical report of the British NCSC in regards to the alleged Russian and Chinese coronavirus research hacking. Fiction at its best.

Do the Russians and Chinese (and other) try to hack, and hack successfully? Most likely. Could it be proven? Very, very unlikely.  The success rate to prosecute sophisticated hackers is very very low. It involves years of work on a specific case, and usually requires multiple warrants in different jurisdictions. That takes a lot of time, and often when the warrant is given, the evidence has been wiped long time ago.

Now many governments treat now as "evidence" is "patterns".  I'm not a lawyer but I don't think that patterns are enough to prove a defendant guilty.  I can have a "pattern",  then 100 people copy my pattern, am I liable for all of them? What if I change all the time my patterns.

Very complex topic, which is increasingly used for political goals and brainwashing.

Good post!

This lady, the Norwegian spokesperson, is only saying what she is being told to say. She might not even know that at best it is nonsense, and out worst propaganda lies.

These demonizing trends take years to build up. Constantly telling whoever is listening that this is 'fact' or that is 'proven'. People are being brainwashed like never before. We must try to see through the hate and experience the love.

A poster asked what I believe in. I believe in me, and my ability to seek the fact, the truth and sidestep the obvious propaganda. I take no heed of CNN, Fox and certainly not the BBC. It is almost criminal to say 'I don't know' in today's world.

As for Germany buying Russian fuel. They are upset (the US that is) because it was all gonna be settled in Euros; bypassing the dollar (IMO).

6 hours ago, placeholder said:

The Winter War[F 7] was a war between the Soviet Union (USSR) and Finland. It began with a Soviet invasion of Finland on 30 November 1939, three months after the outbreak of World War II, and ended three and a half months later with the Moscow Peace Treaty on 13 March 1940. Despite superior military strength, especially in tanks and aircraft, the Soviet Union suffered severe losses and initially made little headway.

Finland ended up having to cede 11% of its territory and 30% of its economy to the Soviet Union.

Kidding ???? that's what the history rewriters doing. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberation_of_Finnmark

https://www.newsinenglish.no/2014/10/24/northern-norways-grief-remembered/

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Morch said:

With all due respect to your belief in your own analytical prowess, your posts leave some doubt as to what your confidence is based on. Coupled with your rejection of commonly acceptable sources (without solid explanations as to why), and the insistence on not divulging any other sources of information relied on, there's little to recommend taking your comments seriously.

Indeed, I detect a whiff of Borscht reading his posts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Indeed, I detect a whiff of Borscht reading his posts.

I think more run of the mill I-don't-trust-governments (which is usually more thoroughly applied to Western governments).

On 10/15/2020 at 9:09 PM, placeholder said:

Hehe

The post was not about Finland. It was about the part of Norway near the Russian border. Where local people fought against Nazis.