Land sales owned by family PhonPhiSai

Stevey

Hey

Father has land i feel has been betrothed by state to him and has divided it between children. Brother needs money and is willing to sell for 100k baht. The land my Girlfriend has built her house on is similarly not in her name and cannot be until some time has passed. It’s not the most money but is it true we can go and get a chanote pre to the ‘hand over time ‘? By her father signing something and going to a registry office. 

maybe its all legit....? 

Such land  can be legitimately ascribed to the immediate family only. Such divisions  can be documented and witnessed as promisory notes. But until the lengthy process of achieving a Chanote is complete it can not legitimately be sold outside of immediate family. If you were to fund the "sale" by brother to sister and the  father gave written acknowledgement should be no problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The land wife bought is similar. A villager owns a big block of land thats

divided into lots. Wife has a blue chanot book and needs to wait a couple 

of years to get what I’m guessing is title register.  We could pay to expedite but I don’t know what that fee would be. 

The blue chanot came relatively quick after house was completed....

13 hours ago, DJ54 said:

The blue chanot came relatively quick after house was completed....

I assume you mean the blue tambien baan (aka house book). Those are fairly easy to get after getting a house number.

Getting a chanote can be a long drawn out affair. 

On 10/14/2020 at 6:52 AM, Stevey said:

Father has land i feel has been betrothed by state to him and has divided it between children. Brother needs money and is willing to sell for 100k baht. The land my Girlfriend has built her house on is similarly not in her name and cannot be until some time has passed. It’s not the most money but is it true we can go and get a chanote pre to the ‘hand over time ‘? By her father signing something and going to a registry office. 

You may never be able to get a chanote (NS4) title

Your GF will eventually be able to get a land title possibly one of the NS3 ones. Some land, government granted is sometimes like this, can never be upgraded.

You can not get a land title in your GFs name until the transfer.

The land holder/owner can get a replacement land paper.

On 10/14/2020 at 8:09 PM, DJ54 said:

Wife has a blue chanot book and needs to wait a couple 

of years to get what I’m guessing is title register.  We could pay to expedite but I don’t know what that fee would be

The blue book isn’t an ownership document.

there is no Fee for going to the head of the queue. There is a contribution to the Amper/surveyor  tea fund that can get faster service, it can be a couple of thousand or quite a bit more. The more tea, the faster the service, up to you.

Edited by sometimewoodworker