Why are farangs rude to each other?

Lacessit

31 minutes ago, faraday said:

Yes I agree. It seems everyone is fighting, arguing with each other all the time. Trolling everywhere, keyboard warriors, & others who just want to 'put you right'.

I wonder where it will all end. Badly, I fear.

Hey!  I was going to say that.  Next time, wait your turn.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

My post says "I don't let anyone".

I don't let anyone, Thai, or otherwise cut in front of me unremarked.

"Because it's their country" is a very weak excuse and doesn't excuse that kind of behaviour.

Yes I saw that. But, the emphasis was on the "Because it's their country"!

Just asking...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, faraday said:

What are you bleddy talking about? You do ramble on sometimes, Lacey!

Now get out my sodding way!

????

Oh dear. Another one who has no appreciation of the problem with statistical assumptions. After you sir.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

I expect that will work very well for you, up until the day a Thai pulls a gun or knife on you. Don't tell me, you're a SEAL/SAS/Delta Force/Sayeret ex-member.

Read my post again. It says "unremarked".

Seeing as I've followed this policy all my life in many countries and specifically 40 years in Thailand and come to no harm, I will continue.

Where would you draw a line? Obviously, not if a Thai cut in.

What about if a Thai said something rude to you? Still not enough?

How about a Thai touching your girlfriend? Still not enough?

What if a Thai was slapping your girlfriend?

Sorry, but I wouldn't ignore any of the above examples. I wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror.

Here's a very true quote just for you.

“A coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once. It seems to me most strange that men should fear, seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come.”

William Shakespeare.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Mrs. Trans does that to me....????

Same my Mrs and the family as well thank goodness, I'm retired. 

Don't bother me, what I like is :- 

I am an island, I am a stone, I like my solitude with my Archery, big bike excursion, my rifle shooting, and a beer sometime with my Thai mates. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I refuse to speak to anyone that calls me 'farang'.

It's a generic term used by Thais, I'm not offended by it. Much better than the Japanese gaijin or Chinese gweilo, which are truly racist.

I've yet to meet a Thai that doesn't use the term, your Thai family must have done some re-education.

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Same my Mrs and the family as well thank goodness, I'm retired. 

Don't bother me, what I like is :- 

I am an island, I am a stone, I like my solitude with my Archery, big bike excursion, my rifle shooting, and a beer sometime with my Thai mates. 

That reminds me, I'm off up the pub......????.....????

5 minutes ago, transam said:

That reminds me, I'm off up the pub......????.....????

I'm already there with Thai people saying farangie come,  with my Thai mates saying hi Dee. 

They call me that instead of Derek because it ends up them saying Del-lick.

I don't mine that either because some of the Thai Chang girls that turn up I would like to Del-lick. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

My wife used to invite solo farang to our table thinking she was being kind.  I warned her time and again.  The very last time was a pork chop who had to show us how he could burp the alphabet, and for the whole restaurant to hear.  Real hit with the Thais.....not.  

If he could burp the Thai alphabet then that should surely have raised a round of applause ??

• Like 1

Let's explore this:

1.  farangs can't work here, except as a worthless English teacher and the farang will know they are worthless

2.  that leaves doing nothing.  Nothing means drinking, getting young girls to drink, walking nowhere, driving nowhere, talking in horrible Thai that is impossible to understand, and spending 100 baht here and there in 40 C weather

3.  this place will drive you crazy if you have no PATH.   no PASSION means no identity.  Your "identity" will be ladyboys and rice with a lady who probably has 10 other sucker farang boyfriends.

You have to be secure, confident, rich, smart, and PASSIONATE before you come to LOS.

if not, you will hate yourself which means you hate everyone.  

hopefully everyone on here had a plan BEFORE Thailand and is following that plan.  

good luck tattoo farang!!!    I am now a monk, fluent in Thai, worth 100 billion baht, and saved 10,000 frogs from poachers.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

39 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

That's what you are to a Thai person that you don't know,  surprised you of all here can't take that from an Asian person. ????

I don't speak much to Thai people, and only the ones I'm sleeping with or created are allowed in my home.

An inflammatory post has been reported and removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

58 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

Let's explore this:

1.  farangs can't work here, except as a worthless English teacher and the farang will know they are worthless

2.  that leaves doing nothing.  Nothing means drinking, getting young girls to drink, walking nowhere, driving nowhere, talking in horrible Thai that is impossible to understand, and spending 100 baht here and there in 40 C weather

3.  this place will drive you crazy if you have no PATH.   no PASSION means no identity.  Your "identity" will be ladyboys and rice with a lady who probably has 10 other sucker farang boyfriends.

You have to be secure, confident, rich, smart, and PASSIONATE before you come to LOS.

if not, you will hate yourself which means you hate everyone.  

hopefully everyone on here had a plan BEFORE Thailand and is following that plan.  

good luck tattoo farang!!!    I am now a monk, fluent in Thai, worth 100 billion baht, and saved 10,000 frogs from poachers.  

What on earth are you talking about? Some of us researched Thailand for retirement for months before we came here. For me, it was a choice between here, the Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia. Either that, or go bonkers from boredom staying in Australia.

You do have a point though, the ones who are damaged goods will be naturally uncivil.

I admit it's possible to be a monk and worth 100 billion baht. Doubt you could save the frogs in my GF's septic outfall, they are table-bound. Celibacy is a bridge too far for most.

• Like 1

Another post in violation of the following forum rule has been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

How about a Thai touching your girlfriend? Still not enough?

What if a Thai was slapping your girlfriend?

She'd pull her flick knife and stab them.

And there's a bit of a risk if they were just rude to her.

The women here don't need a white guy to defend them.

What was the topic again?

• Haha 1