Why are farangs rude to each other?

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've hated everyone since I was 15 ........ why would moving to Thailand make me different?

Have you noticed how a lot of these type of threads are about conformity to their norms? 

If you don’t conform to their way of thinking or what they perceive as the right way then you are somehow some kind of weirdo. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find that many of the westerners I come across have some quirks about them, or are total nutcases to be honest... Not all, but many... Thailand is a place for many misfits..

So many I've met, within a few minutes tell their amazing lifestory, which amounts to bs.   Socially inept misfit, who come here, & continue their daft lives.

And I apologise to all here............................

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've hated everyone since I was 15 ........ why would moving to Thailand make me different?

If you hate everyone, why are you paying for your daughter's education? Oops, off topic.

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Americans grouped in the polite end?

In their home country, I've found Americans to be very polite. Perhaps that comes from being in a land with so many guns.

OTOH, Burdick and Lederer's book about Americans abroad is not fiction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I don't speak much to Thai people, and only the ones I'm sleeping with or created are allowed in my home.

OK fair call, long as your happy bro, if I wasn't married I wouldn't like being without someone there.

18 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Americans grouped in the polite end?

Yes - it may superficial, and not apply in New York or Washington,  but I find Americans to be culturally polite - especially middle America.

• Thanks 1

i believe in the golden rule:   Do unto others before they do it to you   (joke)

also:   No good deed goes unpunished  ( not a joke, unfortunately)

• Like 1