Jump to content

Why are farangs rude to each other?


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, EvetsKram said:

I see many posts in FB Farang groups where the poster goes on about his expensive house,  car, how much income etc.  Wannabes who think they are special 

...and some people jab at Thais saying they don't take the stickers off their TV-s, A/C's etc.

Basically, humans are humans, whatever their origin is - all the traits are embedded in them and pops up when an occasion arises - sometimes the bad ones pops up for no reason too.

Due to the unequal wealth distribution, racism flourishes.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find that many of the westerners I come across have some quirks about them, or are total nutcases to be honest... Not all, but many... Thailand is a place for many misfits..

So many I've met, within a few minutes tell their amazing lifestory, which amounts to bs.   Socially inept misfit, who come here, & continue their daft lives.

And I apologise to all here............................

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, ravip said:

...and some people jab at Thais saying they don't take the stickers off their TV-s, A/C's etc.

Basically, humans are humans, whatever their origin is - all the traits are embedded in them and pops up when an occasion arises - sometimes the bad ones pops up for no reason too.

Due to the unequal wealth distribution, racism flourishes.

100% true. Yet people still fail to understand this. 

Edited by Kaopad999
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Do some farangs acquire new norms of courtesy when they move abroad?

Yes... fat, old farangs and the younger ugly ones believe the bar girls and upcountry bumbkins when they say 'lorr mak!'

 

The older ones end up marrying 30 years younger than themselves and wondering why the woman has suddenly lost interest in them afterwards.

 

The younger ones become self-confident a--holes that screw around and continue screwing around after having a family here.

 

Thailand does have a funny way of changing folks. Not happened to me yet... although i'm sure we'll see which one i'll fall into later!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ravip said:

...and some people jab at Thais saying they don't take the stickers off their TV-s, A/C's etc.

Basically, humans are humans, whatever their origin is - all the traits are embedded in them and pops up when an occasion arises - sometimes the bad ones pops up for no reason too.

Due to the unequal wealth distribution, racism flourishes.

Particularly here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Yes... fat, old farangs and the younger ugly ones believe the bar girls and upcountry bumbkins when they say 'lorr mak!'

 

The older ones end up marrying 30 years younger than themselves and wondering why the woman has suddenly lost interest in them afterwards.

 

The younger ones become self-confident a--holes that screw around and continue screwing around after having a family here.

 

Thailand does have a funny way of changing folks. Not happened to me yet... although i'm sure we'll see which one i'll fall into later!

Valid points. I'm not sure if I belong in the first category, because I refuse to marry for various reasons, and my 53 yo Thai GF thinks the sun shines out of my a##e.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Next time tell the offender to Tuck off  ( sorry if I spelt it wrong )

Then wait for the ensuing punch up.

Or just accept it and mumble under your breath for the next week or so

Up to you to decide

Edited by Grumpy one
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Yes... fat, old farangs and the younger ugly ones believe the bar girls and upcountry bumbkins when they say 'lorr mak!'

 

HA HA exactly. 😅😅
And a place beginning with the letter P is where most of them tend to congregate.. :coffee1:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

Next time tell the offender to Tuck off  ( sorry if I spelt it wrong )

Then wait for the ensuing punch up.

Or just accept it and mumble under your breath for the next week or so

Up to you to decide

I remember a quote from Isaac Asimov's Foundation series. " Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent".

I did say in my OP that he gave way ungraciously.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Yes... fat, old farangs and the younger ugly ones believe the bar girls and upcountry bumbkins when they say 'lorr mak!'

 

The older ones end up marrying 30 years younger than themselves and wondering why the woman has suddenly lost interest in them afterwards.

 

The younger ones become self-confident a--holes that screw around and continue screwing around after having a family here.

 

Thailand does have a funny way of changing folks. Not happened to me yet... although i'm sure we'll see which one i'll fall into later!

Thailand does have a funny way of changing folks. 

 

Don't blame Thailand for that. It is the  majority of a--holes that come to Thailand who CANNOT change...They are born a--holes - and with their 'extra money', they think they are GOD amongst the poor. Takes a lot, to comprehend this logic.

 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lust said:

I find that many of the westerners I come across have some quirks about them, or are total nutcases to be honest... Not all, but many... Thailand is a place for many misfits..

 

    In their home counties , they are unwanted , by their family . No going back ...

    My experience , 15 years and more . The majority of farlangs i have met . 

    Were , not worth meeting with ...

 

 

Edited by elliss
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

Next time tell the offender to Tuck off  ( sorry if I spelt it wrong )

Then wait for the ensuing punch up.

Or just accept it and mumble under your breath for the next week or so

Up to you to decide

There's a lot of middle ground between those two extremes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I remember a quote from Isaac Asimov's Foundation series. " Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent".

I did say in my OP that he gave way ungraciously.

 

     Impotent , come too mind ....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...