Why are farangs rude to each other?

Lacessit

On 10/14/2020 at 1:57 PM, lust said:

I find that many of the westerners I come across have some quirks about them, or are total nutcases to be honest... Not all, but many... Thailand is a place for many misfits..

I have found that the biggest majority of westerners are fine and decent, although that is not the case with the OP, maybe the way a person treats other westerners has a lot to do with the way westerners treat them.

2 minutes ago, Emdog said:

Surely on some level you know that cheating isn't right, and all your rationalizations won't cover that up

That is what I used to think. My attitude now is if I am not hurting anybody, it's not a problem.

I'm past playing around now, too old. However, when I think of what fidelity brought me to in 28 years of marriage, I say the hell with it.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I have found that the biggest majority of westerners are fine and decent, although that is not the case with the OP, maybe the way a person treats other westerners has a lot to do with the way westerners treat them.

...maybe the way a person treats other westerners has a lot to do with the way westerners treat them.

Why segregate 'Westerners' on this? Are they a special breed on this planet?

Even a soi dog will respond to the way one treat it and reciprocate similarly!

ain't no rocket science, this...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Perhaps you could explain your comment. In what way do you consider I am not fine and decent?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I have a somewhat unique take on this. As we get older, our bodies and minds simply are not what they used to be. I look in the mirror sometimes, and I barely recognize the guy I am staring at! 

The whole aging process is a somewhat undignified experience. So, unless we are making some inner effort, to improve ourselves and evolve into better versions of ourselves, in a conscious manner, in whatever way we can, the opposite tends to occur. Don't let it happen. It can be ugly. 

I remember many years ago going to a college re-union, think it was about 30 years after the fact.

I could only recognize one person out of about 100, and that was because he had pronounced features.

"I have found that the biggest majority of westerners are fine and decent, although that is not the case with the OP" Post #185

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

Did I say you were not fine and decent? please enlighten me.

Do you have a problem with short-term memory loss? Your post reads to me as if you are disrespecting me.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

"I have found that the biggest majority of westerners are fine and decent, although that is not the case with the OP" Post #185

Do you have a problem with short-term memory loss? Your post reads to me as if you are disrespecting me.

Bye Bye.

4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Bye Bye.

Obviously I am no closer to getting an answer to my original question.

If it's not too much trouble for you, go back to Post #99. You know where you're headed.

There is the occasional arrogant putz that absolutely needs to be slapped. This guy obviously thought he was the cats meow because he is gods gift to Thailand and thinks he is the only one whop can speak Thai. I would not have had restraint and probably would have tore him a new sphincter in Thai. And that would not have been a pretty sight. Good you held your ground.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Your policy, not mine. I've got to the stage where I don't take s##t from anybody, unless it is unavoidable here.

Disrespect me, patronise me, put me down and you go on my ignore list. Have had enough a###holes in my life, don't need the ones on TV as well.

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Your policy, not mine. I've got to the stage where I don't take s##t from anybody, unless it is unavoidable here.

Disrespect me, patronise me, put me down and you go on my ignore list. Have had enough a###holes in my life, don't need the ones on TV as well.

You wanted me to go to #99, well I'm here. Now where did I disrespect you? I don't

even see my name here.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I suggest you check out the reputation of the Roman Catholic Church nowadays. Thousands of lawsuits.

I've always been amused by a system where one can bonk themselves stupid, steal from their neighbor, get as drunk as a lord, beat their wife, then sit in a box with a priest and all is forgiven.

Not sure the relevance of this.

I said if you meet people at a church or other spiritual places, the people are generally not going to rip you off. I didn't mean Ctholics.

On 10/14/2020 at 2:07 PM, faraday said:

So many I've met, within a few minutes tell their amazing lifestory, which amounts to bs.

Socially inept misfit, who come here, & continue their daft lives.

So avoid Pattaya and similar and the Thai world is so different!! Still a few a...holes in most places but you will find some everywhere!!????????????????????????????????

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

You’re gonna run out of space on your blocked list soon. 

I've just blocked my first person in 16 years, it's a feature I'm going to use a lot more of ???? 

btw, do the blocked people see my posts?

Edited by Neeranam
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Not sure the relevance of this.

I said if you meet people at a church or other spiritual places, the people are generally not going to rip you off. I didn't mean Ctholics.

We do tend to drift off topic on this thread, I am equally guilty.

i don't mind if someone disagrees with me, as long as it is done civilly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Yes they do, you don't see theirs unless you choose to.

I suppose I am working my way to an assembly of people who are able to engage in a debate without using dishonest arguments, and who are not as dumb as a can of soup. I can but hope.

Ok, thanks. Pity it's not like Facebook when you can totally block someone. 

Rather ironic when people are rude on a thread such as this. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, peleid said:

The number of times I have said morning to a westerner in a supermarket and got no response but their Thai girlfriend/wife responds is amazing, now I have given up, 90% of westerners living in Thailand are ignorent

If you'd say morning to me in the late evening, why would I reply?

Don't they all sleep in the morning? 

I'm glad that you belong to the 10 % who are..aeehhh not ignorant? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I've just blocked my first person in 16 years, it's a feature I'm going to use a lot more of ???? 

btw, do the blocked people see my posts?

Sadly they do.

I've got about 7 pages of 'haters' blocked.

The trick is to recognise their new incarnations quickly after they're banned.

Then block them as well.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

We do tend to drift off topic on this thread, I am equally guilty.

i don't mind if someone disagrees with me, as long as it is done civilly.

Nothing wrong with going off topic. I agree, it's when some people always want the last word and think they're right when they're obviously not that's annoying.