Why are farangs rude to each other?

Lacessit

1 minute ago, faraday said:

Why would you say that?

How's the weather?

Fine, nice and cool in Chiang Rai. Haven't used the aircon for two months. To quote Frank Burns from M*A*S*H, I'm only paranoid because everyone's against me.

Just now, faraday said:

Tell me more about your Vios.

You are wicked, dragging me even further off the thread.

OK, bought it off a Brit with 83,000 on the odometer. 230,000 baht. Now 14 years old. He may well be regretting the decision to sell, as he was replacing it with a new Ford. One of my better buys in Thailand.

Now has 165,000 on the odometer, has never missed a beat. Doesn't have ABS, my generation knows how to drive cars without it.

Now can we pretty please get back on topic?

On 10/14/2020 at 1:57 PM, lust said:

I find that many of the westerners I come across have some quirks about them, or are total nutcases to be honest... Not all, but many... Thailand is a place for many misfits..

Yea, and they all seem to live in northern Thailand, it must be the heat up here.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MrMuddle said:

Just as well, mate, he might have been a former member of the SAS, there's a lot of them about, over here....

Believe it or not, I have met a retired guy who said he was part of the protection detail of the UK Royal Family. I believed him, very fit looking.

Quite polite and affable, the guys who are the genuine article don't need to prove anything to anybody.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Believe it or not, I have met a retired guy who said he was part of the protection detail of the UK Royal Family. I believed him, very fit looking.

Quite polite and affable, the guys who are the genuine article don't need to prove anything to anybody.

Yep ,  met him , in Soi 6 , Pattaya.

Two, Underground tunnels , from the Palace . 

After 8 Chang Beers , he only told me about one . 

Re- surfacing near speakers corner ..

The other , was  for Royal males . Re - surfacing in Soho ...

Confidential of course .  We don't want this going viral ..

Edited by elliss

On 10/14/2020 at 2:16 AM, Boomer6969 said:

"Misfits" might be too strong a word. But yes many came because they believed some bargirl would fill the emptiness of the 50 or 60 years of their previous lives.

That would be “bargirls” not bargirl and they do wake you up from your zombie state of mind. ???????????????????????????? to each his own but I like to eat different flavors.  We all spend our short time on this planet by the choices we make and Nan, Pim, Pan, .......were all good choices. 

1 hour ago, MrMuddle said:

Just as well, mate, he might have been a former member of the SA, there's a lot of them about, over here....i

Correct . 

Every Tuesday evening ,

We meet up in the ex-service Men's club @ 6 pm , on top end of Soi 6.

Raffle . and Bingo , full house , under 50 numbers . 

PS , bring Id , and your fingerprint scan ..

1 hour ago, elliss said:

Not really a big assumption , anymore.

Because , there are,  impotent farlangs, in the World's largest Brothel. 

Help is at hand , treat yourself to a Kindle ...

Evidently my post #97 went straight through to the wicketkeeper. Refer my post #99, trolls get the same treatment.

• Confused 1

On 10/14/2020 at 2:14 PM, KarenBravo said:

I don't let anyone, Thai, or otherwise cut in front of me unremarked.

"Because it's their country" is a very weak excuse and doesn't excuse that kind of behaviour.

I simply walk right on top of them without slowing down ????

On 10/14/2020 at 1:49 PM, Lacessit said:

I don't get stressed about Thais pushing in front of me, it's their country, some are ignorant

If anyone ever pushes in front of me they hear about it, I don't care who they are or where they come from, I don't allow it.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 3:16 AM, DrTuner said:

There can be only one farang per hundred square kilometer. It's a turf thing, we're territorial.

I'm older.  I find it hard to mark out even a few thousand square meters of my territory these days.

image.png.0b268c138123fc4f7f8e3576f820d559.png

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ukrules said:

If anyone ever pushes in front of me they hear about it, I don't care who they are or where they come from, I don't allow it.

According to some posters here, I should have decked the guy for his impertinence. Then spent some time in an IDC prior to deportation, at least my honor would have been intact. One thing I have learned from this thread is muscle and brains are rarely combined successfully, another is posters can be gratuitously rude from behind a keyboard.

On 10/14/2020 at 6:33 AM, Ventenio said:

Let's explore this:

1.  farangs can't work here, except as a worthless English teacher and the farang will know they are worthless

Where do you get this idea? 

I have worked in Thailand as an Engineer and have met allot of expats that are not teachers and are working in Thailand. 

2 hours ago, talahtnut said:

I prefer animals to people

Seeing your post reminded me of POTY. They said something simliar a few months back.

I thought they'd be err...contributing to this thread, by sticking their oar in...

Anyone seen the little rascal?