Why are farangs rude to each other?

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find that many of the westerners I come across have some quirks about them, or are total nutcases to be honest... Not all, but many... Thailand is a place for many misfits..

So many I've met, within a few minutes tell their amazing lifestory, which amounts to bs.   Socially inept misfit, who come here, & continue their daft lives.

And I apologise to all here............................

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Let's explore you speaking total <deleted>.

You obviously can't get a job as an English teacher so unjustly attack them to inflate your own self-esteem. I bet you don't have a degree, do you?

I came here without a plan in 1002 and am pretty successful now, and extremely happy. I haven't been with bar girls since I got married, 20 years ago. Never been with a ladyboy(sober)

I speak very good Thai.

I have tattoos, do you know what 'akadti' means?

exactly my point.  1.  I have a Master's degree, and saved enough to EASILY retire in Thailand for the next three decades...

2.  You attack me but you are "pretty successful now, and extremely happy"???   Impossible!!!  You are attacking others yet you call yourself a teacher.  

A real teacher would never waste time attacking others online.  NEVER.

This is why our schools are doomed, kids are doomed, and these fake teachers actually are more negative on a net basis.  sooo sad.   

keep being "extremely happy" while attacking others!!!!!  LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Usually these "teachers" attack farangs because they are TERRIFIED of their school.  can't lose that 30k income.  LOLOOLOL

maybe when I was 19 years old I made less than 30k baht equivalent a month.  

i wouldn't waste my time for anything under 150k  

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Indeed, there’s a fair share of “oddballs” who’ve made their way to Thailand. I’ve had the misfortune of working with a few of them. They initially seemed quite friendly, then as the job and stress took their toll, some unusual, aggressive behavior bubbled to the surface, enabling me to fill in those gaps in their history they gave me, periods between jobs and their relationships, and why they weren’t able to hold them down. It would however, be foolish to say this is everyone who’s escaped to Thailand.

One must consider all those who’ve migrated throughout human history, and their reasons for doing so. Things weren’t working out for them wherever they were. They heard of opportunity elsewhere. Something then motivated them to make that move, certainly no easy task, abandoning everything they had known, starting over somewhere else, and adjusting to a completely new way of life. Those who piled onto a boat fleeing religious persecution, becoming part of what would later become the United States, did just this, as do the hundreds of those now risking their lives crossing the southern border of this country each month, seeking a better life. Same goes for the Jewish diaspora who’ve migrated throughout the world, escaping wars and massacres, and those from Africa and the Middle East now flooding into Europe. A bunch of oddballs, who just couldn’t fit in and make it wherever they had been.

The situation in the US has become quite dire economically within the past decade or so, with rising rents, limited jobs, and lower salaries for the work one’s able to get. This has sent many fleeing to other states, and others like me to other countries. These are socially demanding times we now live in. It now takes more to make it than in the past. You’ve got to be slick, have massive amounts of charisma, amounting to nearly movie star status, which just isn’t feasible. Look at who the successful people are, the Elon Musks of the world. In order to move up, companies want you to be like him. In my previous work I sat through a lot of training videos throwing all the buzzwords at me, I just had “take charge” and “own it”. But such are exceptional people, and certainly not everyone can.

Yet there was a time when things weren’t so demanding, when someone like my grandpa could work hard and start a small business, with which he could support his family until he died. He was friendly and polite, but not very charismatic or outgoing. No one was shouting buzzwords at him to make sales figures. He stayed married to his high school sweetheart his whole life, satisfied with someone who wasn’t a “take charge” kind of guy. He definitely wouldn’t have made it these days. Thus, such demanding times have been increasing the number of those of us not making it, resulting in all the civil unrest you now see, those of us choosing to migrate and try new things, and the number of “oddballs” you’re now likely to run into. Cheers all. 🍻

10 hours ago, nausea said:

It's a thing, like I started out in Nottingham, where being rude was a way of establishing your authority, then I moved to Brighton and was amazed at how soft people were, finally I came to Thailand, and met softness incorporated. So, to answer the question, if you find farangs rude, you've probably been away from home too long, it's normal behavior back home. Personally, I prefer the soft approach, iron fist in a velvet glove. 

...it's normal behavior back home.

How nauseating, that sounds!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, faraday said:

I was earning more than that, 20 years ago.

Up until the GFC, I was earning that in Australia - working two days a week.

33 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

With a few exceptions the culture in the 'felang' home countries is aggressive and confrontational compared to Asian countries.  

Not my experience. In my local bar in the UK one regular customer was barred for life for making smutty remarks to the bar staff. Aggressive, confrontational and sexist behaviour isn't tolerated in most bars in the UK. Often have a wall of shame where photographs of customers who are banned from all bars in the vicinity are displayed.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Not sure I'd consider anyone still having to work as 'successful'.

Your sexual preferences are irrelevant to any discussion of success, the most successful people often indulge in the weirdest sexual activities. 

Bill Gates, Dalai Lama, Donald Trump, and many more are all successful in my book.

A retired taxi-driver in Pattaya - not so sure 😉

Not my sexual preference, rather my faithfulness is a sign of integrity and honesty, and not hurting my partner. I know they sex addicts will agree with you. 

• Like 1