Re-Entry to Thailand - A beaurocratic nightmare

5 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

WRONG > When applying for the Non Imm O-A Visa at the Thai Embassy in your home-country (or country of legal permanent residence), the financial requirement of showing the equivalent of 800K on your bank-account, can be met by funds on your foreign or Thai bank-account.

The only exception I know of is that at the Paris Thai Embassy, they require +800K on a Thai bank-account for your 2nd and later applications, but you can do the first one with funds on your French bank-account.

sorry, but my Embassy requirements for issue of new O-A visa specifically state - quote:

Financial evidence showing monthly income of not less than 65,000 THB or having current balance of 800,00THB  ,eg bank statements,proof of earnings ,for at least 1 month .

unquote

It does not state whether a Thai or Foreign Bank but because it specifically states THB and does not state or equivalent currency , then I am assuming that this must be in a Thai Bank Account .  

Can you show official evidence of monetary requirement that can be in a foreign bank account ?   If so I stand corrected !!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

sorry, but my Embassy requirements for issue of new O-A visa specifically state - quote:

Financial evidence showing monthly income of not less than 65,000 THB or having current balance of 800,00THB  ,eg bank statements,proof of earnings ,for at least 1 month .

unquote

It does not state whether a Thai or Foreign Bank but because it specifically states THB and does not state or equivalent currency , then I am assuming that this must be in a Thai Bank Account .  

Can you show official evidence of monetary requirement that can be in a foreign bank account ?   If so I stand corrected !!

1 - At which Thai Embassy are you applying for the Non Imm O-A Visa?

If it would be your very first application for a Visa to enter Thailand, how can they require that you have funds on a Thai bank-account?  EVERY Thai Embassy allows meeting the financial requirements using your local bank-account or a Thai bank-account as long as you provide evidence of the equivalent of the funds required.

With the notable exception of the Paris Thai Embassy where you can only do that for your very first Non Imm O-A application.

2 - You write that you assume that this must be in a Thai Bank Account.

That assumption is as good as 100% incorrect.

3 - Yes, I can show the requirements as posted on the websites of the Thai Embassies in USA, UK, Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, ... it is pretty much standard everywhere.

48 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

I've been through that - I thought the criminal record could be obtained from the Police Criminal Records Department in Bangkok and went there only to be told it required a letter from Immigration or your employer to get it.  It was the wrong information that immigration gave me .  Subsequently I found the criminal record has to be obtained in the country of your nationality - in my case the UK.    Fortunately for the UK it can all be done online and if you require it to be expedited it costs 90pds but worth it to get hold of it quickly and also the provision for it to be sent (original) to your Embassy for the Visa with a copy to your address .  That's what I did and the Embassy had it in double quick time  .  

Strange, for my PR I needed one from my original country ( easy, requested and sent by email by Min. o Justice ) and one fron SID in Bkk.....All of it for free. 

1 hour ago, Jen65 said:

I want to be here in Thailand and my Yacht is in Portugal !!

That is indeed a sad situation, one of my brothers in law had a yacht sent from LA to here; I don't remember but shipping was almost as expensive as the yacht, surprisingly enough no Import Tax.....

6 hours ago, Jen65 said:

unquote

Assuming that you are referring to the Lisbon Embassy as per your OP, from where did you obtain this particular quote? Certainly not from the Embassy's official website as far as I can tell since this appears to be completely silent on any information for any type of visa (apart from the provision of an application form)!

https://lisbon.thaiembassy.org/

On 11/16/2020 at 10:51 AM, Peter Denis said:

1 - At which Thai Embassy are you applying for the Non Imm O-A Visa?

If it would be your very first application for a Visa to enter Thailand, how can they require that you have funds on a Thai bank-account?  EVERY Thai Embassy allows meeting the financial requirements using your local bank-account or a Thai bank-account as long as you provide evidence of the equivalent of the funds required.

With the notable exception of the Paris Thai Embassy where you can only do that for your very first Non Imm O-A application.

2 - You write that you assume that this must be in a Thai Bank Account.

That assumption is as good as 100% incorrect.

3 - Yes, I can show the requirements as posted on the websites of the Thai Embassies in USA, UK, Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, ... it is pretty much standard everywhere.

I applied at the Thai Embassy Lisbon and they "offered" me the O-A visa as the only solution to return , replacing my O visa .   So, it it not an initial application .Granted , a first time application from outside Thailand makes it almost impossible to show the funds in a Thai Bank.   The Lisbon Embassy was actually superbly helpful in all aspects of getting me back to Thailand in record time so it just goes to show if you contact the Embassy where you wish to return from, explain your position , be nice - then you get the right information and assistance .  I forgot to mention that I did actually have an address in Portugal although it was my yacht !

Archived