Changing from a 90 Non-immigrant Marriage visa to Work permit + Visa

Hi

I entered the country with my 90 day non-immigrant marriage visa.

I am trying to covert that to a 12 month marriage visa but I didn't realise the UK embassy in thailand no longer certifys marriage certificates (I made a post previously and another user pointed it out and I've been trying to find a way around this but no luck so far).  

I now have a employer who is happy to give me a work permit, but their HR has stated the immigration department said that my current visa does not allow for a work permit to be issued for me.

Is that true? Can I not get a work permit on a marriage visa?

My visa actually expires next month, I can extend it, but I would prefer a 12 month visa (especially given the current climate) either work or marriage visa would.  Have been speaking to the agencies and they didn't know about the UK embassy not certifying marriage certifcates either and they're trying to find out if there's a way around this as I already have 400k in the bank account.  

Any other suggestions that don't involve leaving the country?

14 minutes ago, azt219 said:

Is that true? Can I not get a work permit on a marriage visa?

You can get a work permit with non-o visa based upon marriage. A copy of your marriage certificate needs to be submitted with the work permit application to prove the reason the non-o visa was issued for.